I'M Confused

gizmo

Hi Guys,

I just reinstalled my PC from scratch and is abt to install DCS. I'm confused which i should installed 1.5 or 1.5 BETA. Are they both the same? Currently im installing DCS 2.0 after which 1.5. Need some clarification please.

Regards

:helpsmilie::(

If you want Peace, be prepared to fight for it ! :pilotfly:

The beta is generally patched before the stable version for any bugs to show themselves and the stable version gets the fixed patch generally the following week.

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have both installed, but rarely now do I fly with the Stable version, always just use the Open Beta. Figured I would at least help in maybe finding any bugs as well... here lately though they have mostly been the same version.

Hopefully they will all be merged into 2.5 here soon.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The difference between beta and stable is that for stable the notifications about "beta" updates is disabled.

In other words, with beta you can decide if to accept the "beta" update or not. If you skip "beta" update (just say no when DCS asks you whether to update) your version will be the same as stable. If you want to get something earlier just accept the beta patch.

Accepting an update is a user decision - not an automatically enforced action.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

The difference between beta and stable is that for stable the notifications about "beta" updates is disabled.

In other words, with beta you can decide if to accept the "beta" update or not. If you skip "beta" update (just say no when DCS asks you whether to update) your version will be the same as stable. If you want to get something earlier just accept the beta patch.

Accepting an update is a user decision - not an automatically enforced action.

Updates to the stable version can be skipped in the exact same way.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

you need 1.5 as the base version and a lat of planes need 1.5.6 beta

There is no 1.5.6 beta now!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

There is no 1.5.6 beta now!

At the moment there is a beta branch, but not beta version. It's confusing, isn't it? :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

We have 3 public versions, two of them are early access

release

open beta / early access / public test

open alpha / early access / public test / requires purchase of NTTR terrain

you can see all version numbers here http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

you can download all three from here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

release version is the one you want if you are new

if you want to try updates before they get released you can install open beta

if you want to purchase the NTTR terrain and get early access to it you can install open alpha

sometimes release and open beta are the same version number.

all three versions run independently of each other

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2