Gun Funnel

mikethemadmonk

The Eagle doesn't have a funnel in-game or IRL.

It has Gun Director Sight (GDS/that's modeled) and Lead Computing Optical Sight (LCOS, mode not modeled). Gunsight stiffen/no radar track functionalities aren't modeled, AFAIK.

Lord of Salt

Within 3.0 Nm I switch to guns, and use the target lock button with the enemy in my hud to get the GDS. The pipper on the falcon is incredibly accurate. If you put the radial line that appears when you put a plane in the piper right in front of the leading edge of either wing and do a short tap, it's 30mm fodder every time . I usually don't fire until I'm within .5 Nm, it's hard to hit a meaningful burst. Some doctrines tell you to fire center line at modern aircraft but I stick to the prop era maxims, planes like having wings, fuselages sometimes like bullet holes ; homer Simpson told ned flanders they were called "speed holes" for a reason. Aim for the wings, and attack during deflections, if you can attack from an offset and above, usually the best option to kill with the gun.

Vertical targeting mode works for me to lock that gun sight up quick, if you do get into a prolonged engagement. prefer to kill with the gun, sorry for the novel.