Whats that value to the left of the time until impact on the lower left of the TGP?

Cacique

Screenshot

130916_009.jpg

See the arrow. I suspect the R000 would be the minutes maybe? I've yet to see an ordinance take more than a minute dropping where the R means "Remaining"? I'll have to test this theory out later and see if i can drop an ordinance that will take more than a minute.

I can't see this being minutes as a 30,000 ft drop takes about 42 seconds! Depending on cross sectional calcs for drag, a B-52 dropping from 50,000 ft won't take much more than a minute.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

It seems to be minutes

I tested it this weekend. I use mk-82 air and i flew above 20,000 ft.

When i selected my mk-82 air it displayed something along like R001:15 Meaning that the bomb would take 1:15 seconds to fall and the value changes with altitude or changing fuzing which makes sense.

When i pickled, it changed to I001:15 and started counting down. I'm guessing the I means "Impact" or time remaining till impact.

Its weird that it shows 3 digits for minutes, but apparently that's what it is.

Yep, it's minutes. It's so long probably (my assumption) because the pod isn't only hung on the A-10. Other aircraft that use other weapon systems use it, including things that can release long range glide or powered ordnance like Walleye, Small Diameter Bomb, SLAM, etc. You won't be needing the extra digits in the A-10C but the Hornet drivers might be!

That's always been my assumption anyway.