BXL, L/MAL and LS/SKU buttons

Snail

While setting up my HOTAS etc. I want to use a TM MFD bezel for the navigation panel. In the controls section ingame the 9 waypoint buttons are present to be assigned, but the BXL, L/MAL and LS/SKU buttons seem to be missing. Is there any way to assign them?

How (s)low can you go

I've just looked in the script, and the BX, L/MAL and L/SKU are defined, so just a matter of creating the key bind, i'm a bit of a noob at coding, but i'll try ^^

PS: definitions for the three buttons are there :

DCS World \mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\clickabledata.lua

lign 456 to lign 458 :thumbup:

EDIT : It works ! yay

now if you want to do it, it's a bit tricky, cause if i give a file it will reset your bindings and you will have mine :/ So go in this file DCS World\mods\aircrafts\AJS-37\(the device you want the keybind on)\default.lua, edit it and got to lign 62, this is where the Navigation panel keybinds are and copy/paste those three lines under the "--Navigation" :

{down = 3008, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = "Navigationpanel L MÄL", category = "Navigation"},
{down = 3009, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = "Navigationpanel L SKU", category = "Navigation"},
{down = 3010, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = "Navigationpanel BX", category = "Navigation"},

Save and restart the game, then go to the commands menu and assign keys ;)

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This would be the code you need to add to your default.lua

{down = 3008, up = 3008, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = "Navigationpanel Button L MÅL", category = "Navigation"}, --added v0.4
{down = 3009, up = 3009, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = "Navigationpanel Button LS", category = "Navigation"}, --added v0.4
{down = 3010, up = 3010, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = "Navigationpanel Waypoint BX", category = "Navigation"}, --added v0.4

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I've just looked in the script, and the BX, L/MAL and L/SKU are defined, so just a matter of creating the key bind, i'm a bit of a noob at coding, but i'll try ^^

So go in this file DCS World\mods\aircrafts\AJS-37\(the device you want the keybind on)\default.lua, edit it and got to lign 62, this is where the Navigation panel keybinds are and copy/paste those three lines under the "--Navigation" :

There are only three devices listed there: joystick, keyboard and mouse. No TM MFD's and no Logitech G13... Though they do show up in the controls section ingame... Any ideas?

How (s)low can you go

Use the default.lua in the joystick folder. It will be used by all input devices (except keyboard and mouse).

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

I've copied those lines to the default.lua in the AJS/joystick folder, in the navigation part of the file, just above the 'down = 3011 etc' line, but they don't show up in the controls section. Any additional action needed?

How (s)low can you go

Nope, that should be it. They should be in the Navigation category.

BTW, I made a JSGME/OvGME ready mod, which includes those buttons plus a lot of others. You can try it out to see if that works. Or just compare the files. It's here.

This is the part of my lua file (added lines are bold)

--Navigation

{combos = {{key = "N", reformers = {"LCtrl"}}}, down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, name = "Datapanel IN/UT Input / Output switch IN", category = "Navigation"},

{combos = {{key = "N", reformers = {"LShift"}}}, down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, name = "Datapanel IN/UTInput / Output Switch OUT (UT)", category = "Navigation"},

{down = 3008, up = 3008, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = "Navigationpanel Button L MÅL", category = "Navigation"},

{down = 3009, up = 3009, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = "Navigationpanel Button LS", category = "Navigation"},

{down = 3010, up = 3010, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = "Navigationpanel Waypoint BX", category = "Navigation"},

{down = 3011, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = "Navigationpanel Waypoint 1", category = "Navigation"},

{down = 3012, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = "Navigationpanel Waypoint 2", category = "Navigation"},

{down = 3013, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = "Navigationpanel Waypoint 3", category = "Navigation"},

How (s)low can you go

Snail, this looks perfectly fine to me. Everything seems to be in the right place. Strange that it is not working for you :dunno:

This is the part of my lua file (added lines are bold)

--Navigation

{combos = {{key = "N", reformers = {"LCtrl"}}}, down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, name = "Datapanel IN/UT Input / Output switch IN", category = "Navigation"},

{combos = {{key = "N", reformers = {"LShift"}}}, down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, name = "Datapanel IN/UTInput / Output Switch OUT (UT)", category = "Navigation"},

{down = 3008, up = 3008, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = "Navigationpanel Button L MÅL", category = "Navigation"},

{down = 3009, up = 3009, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = "Navigationpanel Button LS", category = "Navigation"},

{down = 3010, up = 3010, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = "Navigationpanel Waypoint BX", category = "Navigation"},

{down = 3011, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = "Navigationpanel Waypoint 1", category = "Navigation"},

{down = 3012, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = "Navigationpanel Waypoint 2", category = "Navigation"},

{down = 3013, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = "Navigationpanel Waypoint 3", category = "Navigation"},

I've had this issue too, try to replace by this :

{combos = {{key = "INPUT_KEY_BIND"}}, down = 3008, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = "Navigationpanel Waypoint L/MÄL", category = "Navigation"},

{combos = {{key = "INPUT_KEY_BIND"}}, down = 3009, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = "Navigationpanel Waypoint LS/SKU", category = "Navigation"},

{combos = {{key = "INPUT_KEY_BIND"}}, down = 3010, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATION, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0, name = "Navigationpanel Waypoint BX", category = "Navigation"},

Looks like when you don't specify the keybind (the first time at least) then it doesn't work, but after that you can go in the commands menu and change it there. And of course don't forget to replace "INPUT_KEY_BIND" by an actual key ^^

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]