ED agreed...The Mig 21 "CAN" be added ONLY IF...

Witchking

Hello guys,

I contacted chizh about PROPERLY implementing a Mig 21 into the game. He replied back saying this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite that we extremely busy with helicopters and around issues, we can spend some time for inserting AI MiG-21 if anybody finished it with proper animation and at least basic damages.

Although by the highest standards will good to rework model because shape isn’t correct in some parts, for example very incorrect forward part of canopy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Comeon guys, everyone knows this is a classic. Imgine the movie like scenarios we can make. Considering that bS is lomac's last addon...its now or never. Once ED start working on their new project...who knows when they will bother with lomac again.

I searched up the threads and found achlatoon's files:

http://www.alegtoon.nl/files/

http://www.alegtoon.nl/files/mig21.zip

get it and the model should be right in the first directory. Walmis, I know you are making the F-15 and you are busy with it. But consider adding the good old Mig 21 to the game....one of the famous planes of history. Comeon guys, I wouldn't ask if I knew how to model. Just finish up the damage model as chizh says and the animations too...and atleast let them implement whatever we have so far. We can probably get someone to change the model later on if necessary. Atleast let us get a proper MIG 21 implementation from ED directly. Instead of us messing up the meinit..etc... ED know how to properly model it...they can add the right systems etc.

I agree to do the skinning if someone finishes the models. :P

And I agree to give you a bribe of 1 full rep for finishing the model as well. :p

cheers,

Aquarius_varun

• Like 3

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also really like if MiG-21 would be added... that aircraft really is a classic! if ED are able to implement the FM Avionics... well for AI at least... an acurate 3D model is all they need... can someone please give it to them?! :D

No longer active in DCS...

thanks for joining in guys.....comeon PPL.....lets do it....One community effort in a project. We did it once with thomas in making the NATO mission pack....this time we can do it to add a well known aircraft in game...comeon ...lets add the Mig 21 in game...just finish the model.....add animations and basic damage...thats all......Chizh wanted to atleast correct some basic structures...but if you think thats a waste of time ...we can do that later....atleast just animate it and "DAMAGE" it properly.

HEY!! Also on the bright side of things is the ability to have it player controlled by editing the Meinit later ;) ....so comeon....lets do this. :D You know you want more rep. :) ;)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Mig-21 Bison hmmmmm :)

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

amen to that guys...come on modellers.....walmis, strikemax and knell ...take it up...... :)

yup! I just posted it there as well. Anyways..I got to get back to my biochem project...I;ll keep checking regularly every hr to see updates ;)

Adding AI Mig-21, will let us fly in the same way we fly now the F-16 or Mig-25??

Yes, but lets hope it will not be like the F-16 and more like the mig-25 performance wise, although the F-16 is way, way too good as meint flyable, and the mig-25 lacks thrust, but I've heard ED was going to slightly fix that (don't interpret it as: 'ED will make realistic AI flyables'). Let those R-13s rip \m/

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Well...

The problem about this model, is that, even it's a lovely model, he dont met the ED requierements. At least more than 70,000 faces..... Some a HUDGE simplifaication of this model need to be done.

There is no animations, so everything must be done.

Materials are not standards, and no mapping on the model, so everything must be done.

It will be certainelly faster to simplifly than to do an other one from scratch, but it will be long.

By the way, it's very kind to find some models, but it would be super, if the models you find met the requierements.

My two cents ......

• Like 1

horray ! Comeon strikemax.....please do it....Atleast I guess just make a normal model....obviously need not have the detail of the other aircraft as we can enhance it later if we want....but now is the opportunity to get this legendary jet in the game.

Knell, walmis, please help strikemax finish the animations