ED agreed...The Mig 21 "CAN" be added ONLY IF...

Witchking

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason ED doesn;t want this is because it is not made in lomac standards....i.e., problems in materials used and problems which to be corrected would take around the same time as making a newer model.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Mig21 with R77s a leathal combination:thumbup: , I like the idea of that.

it wouldnt be any better than the mig-29. What atracts me in a fliable Mig-21 bison would the the smart AG ordnance.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I am not trying to be mean here at all, it's just that being an american, i always learn something about Russian A/C here all the time. I have to ask though, what is the big deal with the Mig-21? For one, it looks completly different than many aircraft. Does it perform good? What is it's background? I guess i never felt compeled to like the A/C and learn about it. Someone want to open the door to a new world? I just dont seem to grasp why it is so popular. (is it still in service?)

Simply put, it's a classic. It has been built in greater numbers than any other supersonic jet-fighter (perhaps even more than the F-4 and F-16 put together!), so it was extremely popular in real life aswell. As for putting it in LOMAC, I don't see any pressing need but it certainly can't hurt.

The thing with third party modelling is that you get what the few individuals with modelling skills in the community like best - not necessarily what makes the most sense. If so, the first models to be created would have been the F-14, F-15E and MiG-31.

The need for putting it into lomac is for the concept of being able to create real life mission scenarios. Mig 21 is as mentioned one of the widest used aircrafts in many countries. its an ultimate choice for missions considering the ability to be able to create something plausable and something that is fitting with a real life scenario.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I am not trying to be mean here at all, it's just that being an american, i always learn something about Russian A/C here all the time. I have to ask though, what is the big deal with the Mig-21? For one, it looks completly different than many aircraft. Does it perform good? What is it's background? I guess i never felt compeled to like the A/C and learn about it. Someone want to open the door to a new world? I just dont seem to grasp why it is so popular. (is it still in service?)

I believe i heard it once that it was the most aircraft ever built- not sure though considering back in WWII they build hundreds/thousands of aircrafts and the Mig-21 is a jet which means its more expensive than your average prop plane. Correct me if i'm wrong. Regardless, there was a lot built, used by several countires, and its basically a huge impact in the aviation history. Surprised with the number built, not a single one just happens to be flying around the Lock On area.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thats absolutely right SK. Even the indian airforce had a massive fleet and even still has many Mig 21's. it was later during the time of corruption,usage of faulty parts etc...migs start falling out of the sky like flies.....at the same time...india was negotiating with russia on the Su 30MKI.

The whole idea here is yeah! the mig 21 is a true classic and is a reasonable and realistic addition to the lomac era. thats the entire gist of it. :)

Now lets hope Strikemax has began working on the model ;)

I think MiG-21 was built in 11000+ numbers... it is most definitely the most used/produced jet fighter in history and I think it served in most number of airforces worldwide.

MiG-21 is a legend... I wish one day it would become flyable :(

No longer active in DCS...

holy crap! that model is amazing. Thanks for posting there. Lets hope he comes over here and shows his model. :)

• ED Team
holy crap! that model is amazing. Thanks for posting there. Lets hope he comes over here and shows his model. :)

Guys, please see on the shape a rather more closely. It model is not so good, incorrect in many details and proportions.

2878.thumb.jpg.9c54a5d6236ea601ded8a3edb329a913.jpg

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Guest Hell Sqn Protos
Guys, please see on the shape a rather more closely. It model is not so good, incorrect in many details and proportions.

Agreed.

well....what else can we do then....really we are out of options....unless someone comes up with a accurate enough model to fit with ED's required variant which I don't know....we are not going to see the mig 21. :( .

Hey guys, check out Dennys site, he made a MiG-21 model, but he doesn't know how to do other stuff to be able to import it in LO. You can download the model from his site in .3ds format. Scroll down a little bit.

I don't have any modelling programs but I'm sure it can be modified.

...and...

GO FISHBED!!! :thumbup:

It sure is a legend. And Croatian Air Force still uses Fishbeds... actually, we only have fishbeds. ;)

• ED Team
well....what else can we do then....really we are out of options....unless someone comes up with a accurate enough model to fit with ED's required variant which I don't know....we are not going to see the mig 21. :( .

I can say definitely that we'll do not embed model with second-rate quality of 3D shape.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу