ED agreed...The Mig 21 "CAN" be added ONLY IF...

Witchking

Why it`s a pity that Lockon ends with BS? The Tank Killer simulation with a new engine sounds great for me. New possibilitis with new engine!:)

Maybe ED works so hard on completion BS, so they cannot reply request about the Mig21.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe they have BS so delayed that they don't even want to hurry up whoever is working on this.

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

THe MiG-21 is probably in the same boat as Strike's Su-27. This is from the email i got from him last

Unfortunately, the su27 project is on hold for the time being due to work overload. Never the less, Im deeply sunk in 3d, but in AutoCad, as im responsible for building services coordination for a couple of huge construction projects. Thats a very, very demanding job and hopefully the time will come where I reach "Typical-Floors" and will have some time to spare for the Sukhoi.

So we can all understand that personal life comes first. Hopefully when CAW site goes up, they can provide some modelers to take on some of these projects.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Ha Ha... I kinda hate it too a bit. In Romania people are making jokes about the poor old "pipe" since they started to have many severe accidents... The Mig 21 had became famous in agriculture for ploughing usage because of that :) .

But hearing it's roaring thunder engine at airshows makes you forget all that. Last 2 years at Kogalniceanu base airshows 'he' stood its ground before the crowd against F-16, Saab, Mirages, F5s by puting impresive shows for an oldie.

Here are 3 pics made by others at last year airshow. sorry if they are a repost... but they are kewl :D

mig21no6824fighingthundue1.jpg

tb024hw7.jpg

mig21no5834upyougosa2.jpg

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
bump... now that another MiG-21 3D model is WIP :)

...so do You think that we may start living in hopes and to pray ? ;)

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

er... I hope... surely they could get data on the MiG-21 as it's pretty much out of service everywhere... if the MiG-21 model is done accurade enough and to good standards... I guess I am bit hopeful :) Maybe we get DCS MiG-21 ;)

Edited by Kuky
  • Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

• 3 weeks later...

^^^^^

Unfortunately not at this moment, to do that we'll need lots of input from ED, but we all hope it's possible in the future with DCS or perhaps ED already considers advanced flight model of a Fishbed!

All we can do with MiG-21 is edit of a weight, ceiling and speed of a certain model it's gonna replace. So in case of a MiG-21bis replacing Su-17M4 we'd have to edit thrust to weight ratio in order to have close as possible MiG-21 performance in the LOFC!

So no AFM, detailed damage model and cockpit at this moment!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...
Hello guys,

I contacted chizh about PROPERLY implementing a Mig 21 into the game. He replied back saying this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite that we extremely busy with helicopters and around issues, we can spend some time for inserting AI MiG-21 if anybody finished it with proper animation and at least basic damages.

Although by the highest standards will good to rework model because shape isn’t correct in some parts, for example very incorrect forward part of canopy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Comeon guys, everyone knows this is a classic. Imgine the movie like scenarios we can make. Considering that bS is lomac's last addon...its now or never. Once ED start working on their new project...who knows when they will bother with lomac again.

I searched up the threads and found achlatoon's files:

http://www.alegtoon.nl/files/

http://www.alegtoon.nl/files/mig21.zip

get it and the model should be right in the first directory. Walmis, I know you are making the F-15 and you are busy with it. But consider adding the good old Mig 21 to the game....one of the famous planes of history. Comeon guys, I wouldn't ask if I knew how to model. Just finish up the damage model as chizh says and the animations too...and atleast let them implement whatever we have so far. We can probably get someone to change the model later on if necessary. Atleast let us get a proper MIG 21 implementation from ED directly. Instead of us messing up the meinit..etc... ED know how to properly model it...they can add the right systems etc.

I agree to do the skinning if someone finishes the models. :P

And I agree to give you a bribe of 1 full rep for finishing the model as well. :p

cheers,

Aquarius_varun

Bump :doh: 2 years gone !

I hope that E.D. will add MiG-21bis into DCS,FC3 ;) (maybe Beczl's model - who dont know him ?) or at least changeing the "empty" Tu-141, Tu-143 FM parameters (unused slots) to MiG-21 FlightMmodel parameters.

There are one more unused "slot": EA-6B...but i hope this will be used soon :thumbup:

E.D. ? Will you ?

sign-pic4.jpg

beczl think at my offer. it would look even better and without modifying textures, animations, damage model or anything else. and because it's just a small modify it wouldn't last more than 2-3 days, it's a promise. nothing to loose, the best looking to win...

think at my offer..

Would be the best if E.D. add the MiG-21bis as official aircraft into FMBase.dll instead of Tu-141 or Tu-143 :thumbup: and add into DCS:WH also at least the FM :worthy::kiss: :lol:

Types.lua, wsTypes.lua:

planes_types[35 ]= {wsType_Air, wsType_Airplane, wsType_Cruiser,Tu_143} -- 35

planes_types[36 ]= {wsType_Air, wsType_Airplane, wsType_Cruiser,Tu_141} -- 36

:doh:

sign-pic4.jpg

beczl think at my offer. it would look even better and without modifying textures, animations, damage model or anything else. and because it's just a small modify it wouldn't last more than 2-3 days, it's a promise. nothing to loose, the best looking to win...

As I already mentioned it's won't possible due the 3d model contain more than 200 animation groups and args. Unfortunately if you break these groups in 3DS Max with ungroup command the whole visibility and curve arguments that assigned into this groups are gone.

Would be the best if E.D. add the MiG-21bis as official aircraft into FMBase.dll instead of Tu-141 or Tu-143 thumbup.gif and add into DCS:WH also at least the FM worthy.gifkiss.gif lol.gif

Types.lua, wsTypes.lua:

planes_types[35 ]= {wsType_Air, wsType_Airplane, wsType_Cruiser,Tu_143} -- 35

planes_types[36 ]= {wsType_Air, wsType_Airplane, wsType_Cruiser,Tu_141} -- 36

doh.gif

Well, I guess ED has an own project line so you never see a Mig-21 in any DCS product. That's the main reason why we (me and Dolphin887) working on this model lovely Mig-21 package.

P.S. I also working several other FC2 mod like this one: :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghiq9yl-HJM