Flight simulator vibrating buttplug for VR

Wolf8312

Ok it's actually called a buttkicker. I am seriously mulling getting one for VR but I was just wondering what they are like, and can they be run quietly as I have a young baby and if it means waking him, then I will never be able to use it!

Also for VR I use the VIVEs integrated headphones and was wondering if the buttkicker can be set up to run through these HP or will I have to buy some new ones which would mean more money.

This is the one I am planning on getting

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/gamer2

Thanks in advance

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Ok it's actually called a buttkicker. I am seriously mulling getting one for VR but I was just wondering what they are like, and can they be run quietly as I have a young baby and if it means waking him, then I will never be able to use it!

Also for VR I use the VIVEs integrated headphones and was wondering if the buttkicker can be set up to run through these HP or will I have to buy some new ones which would mean more money.

This is the one I am planning on getting

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/gamer2

Thanks in advance

I have this buttkicker but I have never been able to get it to work. If you do get it and work it out maybe you could help me out.

Hey Wolf,

Go for Andre's Jetseat as it integrates into DCS very nicely through software rather than sound. I've had the Gamer2 in the past and the Jetseat is a step up from it. It will also be better for the family as it won't wake them.

It offers a lot more sensation as well. You won't regret it at all. 100% guaranteed. (I have 2 of them at present).

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Hey Wolf,

Go for Andre's Jetseat as it integrates into DCS very nicely through software rather than sound. I've had the Gamer2 in the past and the Jetseat is a step up from it. It will also be better for the family as it won't wake them.

It offers a lot more sensation as well. You won't regret it at all. 100% guaranteed. (I have 2 of them at present).

Ah thanks man, 2 lol! Just wondering how much it will run me when I factor in the shipping!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

PM me if you want a Buttkicker at a lower price.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I have this buttkicker but I have never been able to get it to work. If you do get it and work it out maybe you could help me out.

That's the thing it sounds quite a pain to get working properly especially if you want to do it properly and use the correct software so its not just responding to every sound there is.

------------

That's the thing it sounds quite a pain to get working properly especially if you want to do it properly and use the correct software so its not just responding to every sound there is.

It might be easy for some but it just sits gathering dust never used it. But if it worked I'm sure it would be amazing. I just can't make it work. Maybe I'm a bit thick but iv tried a few times.

Ah thanks man, 2 lol! Just wondering how much it will run me when I factor in the shipping!

It's not that expensive really and you and your wife will enjoy it as you can set the seat to just do a back massage.

If you want to feel the gear doors closing, the speed brakes extending, the rumble of the after burner, the release of your Mk82's then go for the Jetseat. I use this along with the Logitech Z906 speaker system with the sub mounted under my seat and it is fantastic.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

It might be easy for some but it just sits gathering dust never used it. But if it worked I'm sure it would be amazing. I just can't make it work. Maybe I'm a bit thick but iv tried a few times.

I have a BK2 and it works great. Also ordering up a Jetseat shortly as well because why not.

I am betting your issue with the BK is it just is not hooked up correctly. And to really hook it up correctly you want to have a sound card just for it. Sound Blaster Audigy can be had for less than $30 on Amazon and it works with it. But most who have issues just do not have it config'd correctly. My pc has 2 sounds cards, onboard for sound and the add-on for the BK. Works wonderfully once all set up.

+ 1 on the jetseat. Not silent but quiet enough.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I have a BK2 and it works great. Also ordering up a Jetseat shortly as well because why not.

I am betting your issue with the BK is it just is not hooked up correctly. And to really hook it up correctly you want to have a sound card just for it. Sound Blaster Audigy can be had for less than $30 on Amazon and it works with it. But most who have issues just do not have it config'd correctly. My pc has 2 sounds cards, onboard for sound and the add-on for the BK. Works wonderfully once all set up.

I might give it another go then. Ok to PM you if I get stuck.

I might give it another go then. Ok to PM you if I get stuck.

Sounds good, you should.

Here is the sound card I got for the BK, but it seems to have gone up $10 since I bought mine. I think there is one without the headphone amp as well that might be cheaper. But can shop around too.

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Audigy-Performance-Headphone/dp/B00EO6X4XG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1487974123&sr=8-3&keywords=sound+blaster

It's not that expensive really and you and your wife will enjoy it as you can set the seat to just do a back massage.

If you want to feel the gear doors closing, the speed brakes extending, the rumble of the after burner, the release of your Mk82's then go for the Jetseat. I use this along with the Logitech Z906 speaker system with the sub mounted under my seat and it is fantastic.

So I still need to hook it up to a speaker? I was just wondering then if If I can get it working with the vives or any headphones? The reason I ask is because even playing my games on the loud speakers is probably going to be too loud and I will probably need to quickly shut up when the baby sleeps and in the night time? So with the jetseat is there a way to get it working with headphones?

------------

So I still need to hook it up to a speaker? I was just wondering then if If I can get it working with the vives or any headphones? The reason I ask is because even playing my games on the loud speakers is probably going to be too loud and I will probably need to quickly shut up when the baby sleeps and in the night time? So with the jetseat is there a way to get it working with headphones?

Also seems as if I will need a second sound card, does that need to be slotted inside my PC or can it be plugged in externally?

------------

Jetseat seems limited in what games it can support, is there no way to get the buttkicker running quietly or is it always going to be a neighbor/baby waking liability?

------------

Jetseat seems limited in what games it can support, is there no way to get the buttkicker running quietly or is it always going to be a neighbor/baby waking liability?

Here you go, a little mod for the BK to quiet it down. Works well.:thumbup:

Here you go, a little mod for the BK to quiet it down. Works well.:thumbup:

If I don't get second sound card how does it run on just the one?

Is the jetseat 'plug and play' or am I going to have to buy new sound cards and software for that too as with the BK? Really I just want something I can buy and that's it, without having to buy a s*it ton of other assorted soft/hardware! After all I now have a warthog, pedals, discarded track IR, VR, and now this! I need to be able to look my wife in the eyes and say, this is really the last thing I now need to complete me! No more buying after this!

OK update I bought the Jetseat lol managed to find a place in country! Would still appreciate some answers to the questions regarding setup though and how one goes about it!

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

I run Andre's shaker program. My setup has two Dayton Audio shakers and one 100w plate amp. Those are connected to a second sound card, an Asus Xonar. The whole setup is under 200 bucks.

You can adjust the levels as you want. I have them low, but they can get very strong. Keeping them low keeps the effects subtle. Shakers don't make any appreciable sound. Andre's program is a must have!

https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/downloads.html

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Many thanks. I don't have anything plugged in my sound card only the rift uses sound. Its Realtek that come up when I want to try to set it up. Il try tomorrow.

Wait so you are saying you do not have speakers connected to your pc? Unusual if so, but the Rift is just a speaker basically so the current internal chip/sound card you have is in use for audio just to the Rifts headphones it sounds like in your setup. So you just have headphones plugged into it vs speakers I guess. The BK can be used just with that, but it just means it will react to ALL audio info, which can be great for music(love that bass vibe), or movies or games, but just not work with specific signals sent to it such is used with SimShaker. Which is your goal I assume and if not should be ;)

So yes, even if nothing is currently 'plugged' into your sound card, it is being used. So a 2nd sound card is the only way to achieve in game correct audio through Rift headset, and then SimShaker feedback in your bottom and back.

In my setup I do have speakers connected to the same sound card dedicated for the BK. So when I want to fly or drive using SimShaker I just switch playback devices in my audio control to Rift headphones, then I turn my speakers down all the way so I do not hear the signal feedback(often just a low but loud hum from my sub if I don't turn speakers down to 0) that is being sent to the BK by SimShaker when I fly and drive. Conversely if I want to do stuff and use external speakers but without BK feedback, I just turn off the BK amp, so no prob there. Easy and works great and gives me all the options I can want I feel.

Does that make it clearer?

Edited by Torso