HELP! Trying to aim, lock and fire RB75

Neil Gardner

Hi all

Any help will be gratefully received. I am on the battlefield, I have the EP scope on. Its a bit awkward having to move up close to the scope to slew it, thence losing touch with the wider view, but its do-able. But then, trying to find targets, then locking and firing, is proving - for me at least - to be a bit of a nightmare. If anyone has worked out a good method - I have read the manuals and seen the videos; they have helped but not entirely got me there yet - I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Neil

Put the dot on the HUD on the target, from far away and stabilize, then the EP scope should be very close centered to the target, then get in close until you can see and lock the target, maybe you should also zoom your FOV into the HUD to detect targets and to the EP scope to identify targets.

Question about the EP-13

The RB75s are the green ones, but seem to only have optical lock, manual says this can be changed with A0 A1 A2 but i don't notice a lick of difference...

Having IR lock would be soo.. delicious. Aren't they the same maveriks anyways :blush:

The RB75s are the green ones, but seem to only have optical lock, manual says this can be changed with A0 A1 A2 but i don't notice a lick of difference...

Having IR lock would be soo.. delicious. Aren't they the same maveriks anyways :blush:

No, Maverick missiles have either an optical or IR sensor; none of them have both, and the Viggen never used the IR versions. In US usage the AGM-65D, F and G use the IR seeker. The RB-75 is an AGM-65A, and the RB-75T I believe uses the same seeker but has a heavier payload. The RB-75B in-game is an AGM-65B and never actually used by Sweden; it's essentially the same as the AGM-65A but with an optical zoom. There's also the E variant which uses a laser spot seeker for guidance.

From when I first read through the manual I thought the A0/A1 switch was supposed to change the colour of the symbology the Maverick overlay; but re-reading it perhaps it's actually used to modify how the seeker algorithm detects a target, i.e. whether it looks for a dark area on a light background or a light area on a dark background. I expect this would have no effect in DCS.

No, Maverick missiles have either an optical or IR sensor; none of them have both, and the Viggen never used the IR versions. In US usage the AGM-65D, F and G use the IR seeker. The RB-75 is an AGM-65A, and the RB-75T I believe uses the same seeker but has a heavier payload. The RB-75B in-game is an AGM-65B and never actually used by Sweden; it's essentially the same as the AGM-65A but with an optical zoom. There's also the E variant which uses a laser spot seeker for guidance.

From when I first read through the manual I thought the A0/A1 switch was supposed to change the colour of the symbology the Maverick overlay; but re-reading it perhaps it's actually used to modify how the seeker algorithm detects a target, i.e. whether it looks for a dark area on a light background or a light area on a dark background. I expect this would have no effect in DCS.

That makes alot of sense! Thanks.