going into hibernate all of a sudden when playing

Do you encounter the same when doing other things on your laptop as well ?

Do you see how hot your CPU and GPU are when this happens ? Do you monitor that in game with MSI Afterburner ? Do so if you dont, might be an heat issue, but that should not send your PC to sleep for that, that doesnt make sense tbh.

Any other game installed that causes this ? Can you install one and test ?

Can you download a ( free ) stresstest programm ( like Aida64 ) and perform a 1h stresstest without error ? Will that trigger it maybe ?

Other things to do to try to see if it is hardware/firmware bound is to load another OS and strestest it there.

Either load any bootable Linux, like Ubuntu, and test within there, boot memtestx86, etc. and see if you have the same symptom oin another OS. If that is true its a firmware bug or hardware failure ( TIM badly applied, cooler not really seated ). I have had that myself on a 4k Dell WS laptop that worked here in moderate climate, Germany, never failed, but failed repeatingly in Abu Dhabi during summer. It would not work at all. Once back, Dell guy came, took it apart, and we found out the CPU cooler wasnt attached properly !!!! It only showed under severe heat ! Things happen.

It could still be a user setting:

Make a new user, use that account and try some simple DCS or stresstest.

Update Bios or at least reset to defaults

Update any Firmware that can be updated

Clean your vent holes !!! ( use compressed air, every 4-8 weeks ! )

Update EVERYTHING that you can find

Deinstall all MSI tools that may effect power settings, energy management, etc..

I personally think it is software caused as it goes to as you say hibernate or sleepmode.

That is a clear sign of a commando being issued by something ( that is the thing to be located ) to go to that mode. You can do it on the console as well, maybe a shortcut on the keyboard or a special key on the keyboard as you have a built-in function key enabled keyboard that got pressed or called from an app ?!

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

in any case, it should never send your PC into snoaring mode !!!

Intel or Killer network card ?

I bet on Killer !

joke aside... I tried the same some time back with an older i7 and low on RAM ...6GB 8GB wont work for server unless you have plain empty mission + luck. Better have 12GB at least, 16 better.

But whatever causes it should not send the pc to sleep

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Deinstall all Killer Software, I recently had a MSI M9 Z170A board and the Killer app BSOD'ed it badly. Took it off and it worked as far as networking is concerned.

Also, same applies to any Cfos software...it's rubbish. Causing all sorts of problems.

I honestly dont know why they advertise that BS in such a way, but they all praise their "ME GAME 1st" apps...it's more a "me 1st with BSOD"

Anyway...have you got hold of any bootable Linux yet ?

Have a look at those two tools:

unetbootin ( somewhat simpler than the next one )

sardu ( the overkiller tool for bootable sticks, free version is OK )

I use Sardu as my swiss army USB tool. Always carry one around. All partition and cloning tools on it, Ubuntu Desktop, Win7 or Win10 installer, Antivirus, general tools like memtest86 etc...

Do not take a USB3 stick !!! DO not use sticks larger 32GB !!! Both will cause problems, and nothing but problems.

I personally use some USB2 sticks that are a bit slower but very compatible with various machines, each one 8GB..I have a few..1 with 7, 1 with 10, etc...

Try to find the explicit trigger event that causes your Lappy to go snoaring.

The broken LAN connection should not cause this effect..."should"..but you never know