Ta 152

JuliMonkey

The Ta 152 is described as the best ww2 prop plane. Not many were delivered to the troops. It is a good looking plane. It was created due to the lack of good high altitude fighters. It is a good looking plane.

attachment.php?attachmentid=158075&stc=1&d=1488119973

attachment.php?attachmentid=158077&stc=1&d=1488120128

Feel free to post your favorite ww2 prop plane!

Scan0008.thumb.jpg.c2af2c4d7a3bec2bc88019544e05b903.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ka 50 - MIG 21 - FW 190 D9 - SU 27 - F15 - F 16

I'd like to add this exerpt from "Kurt Tank, Focke-Wulf's Designer and Test Pilot, by Wolfgang Wagner":

"In late 1944 Tank took off from Hannover-Langehagen in one of the first Ta 152H-0's (equipped with an MW50 system) for a conference with his fellow workers in Cottbus. Shortly after leaving the runway the tower called out the warning: "Vier Indianer am Gartenzaun" - four Indians at the garden fence, meaning that enemy planes were approaching the airfield perimeter.

Soon he spotted four Mustangs closing rapidly. Tank accordingly pushed the throttle to emergeny power and activated the MW50 system. Soon the Mustangs became smaller and smaller and eventually disappeared in the haze. The system had proven itself impeccably.

This event was later reported in an American magazine, with the Americans at a loss to explain what German aircraft could have such reserves of power to be able to simply walk away from Mustangs as though they'd been standing still."

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I would love to see this plane in DCS. Even more than Fw190A.

Its climb rate is worse than the Dora9 but its top speed is way better. I think its not a conventional fighter but a destroyer. Heavy guns for C-series and extrem high altitude for the H-series. Good base for hunting down enemy bombers.

original.bmp

original.bmp

original.bmp

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

I'd like to add this exerpt from "Kurt Tank, Focke-Wulf's Designer and Test Pilot, by Wolfgang Wagner":

"In late 1944 Tank took off from Hannover-Langehagen in one of the first Ta 152H-0's (equipped with an MW50 system) for a conference with his fellow workers in Cottbus. Shortly after leaving the runway the tower called out the warning: "Vier Indianer am Gartenzaun" - four Indians at the garden fence, meaning that enemy planes were approaching the airfield perimeter.

Soon he spotted four Mustangs closing rapidly. Tank accordingly pushed the throttle to emergeny power and activated the MW50 system. Soon the Mustangs became smaller and smaller and eventually disappeared in the haze. The system had proven itself impeccably.

This event was later reported in an American magazine, with the Americans at a loss to explain what German aircraft could have such reserves of power to be able to simply walk away from Mustangs as though they'd been standing still."

:)

But were they flying with 500 octane fuel while using there 100 HG emergency power is the real question. ;)