SEAD and ground Pounding with the T, where to start?

OnlyforDCS

Just like the title says, would like to really explore my mud moving abilites :) Specifically in multiplayer, I would like to take out enemy SAM emplacements with the Frogfoot. I have not flown the Frogfoot at all, (except maybe way back when before DCS World became DCS World) so where would be a good place to start?

So far most of my experience has been flying AA in the FC3 jets and the Mirage. A little bit of A10C etc.

So. Tips, tutorials? Please link them all. Thank you. :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I'd say, do the default quick missions to get used to it, then go to multiplayer.

maybe this helps too: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110779

Thanks razor, keep em coming. :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

SEAD is very easy with the frog. I found the below tutorial very helpful. Also, as Razor said, the quick mission is great for learning. I ran it over a couple times to get an idea of range and pop-ups, and then moved to MP.

• Like 1

In-game: Badger

I5-6600k @ 4.5 | MSI Z170A Krait | GTX 1070 G1 | 32Gb Ripjaw | Corsair H60 AIO | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Pro Pedals

A-10 Warthog: For the times when absolutely, positively everything must die.

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | M2000C | AJS37 | UH1 | FC3

Thanks Scottvdken, thats exactly what I was looking for!

OnlyforDCS... When you are ready for multiplayer, would you care to try a test flight with our small Squadron? We are in the USA pacific time zone and fly coop multiplayer missions against AI adversaries. This may be a great way to prepare you for bigger multiplayer stuff. PM me for more info if interested.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

They added tutorials for the SU25T? Aren't they all just really old video tutorials at low res? Lol, really need to keep up with this stuff.

Well I did try the instant action SAM hunter mission. Pretty good stuff. Now just to find a server where the Frog can do some real damage without getting blown out the sky :)

They added tutorials for the SU25T? Aren't they all just really old video tutorials at low res? Lol, really need to keep up with this stuff.

Well I did try the instant action SAM hunter mission. Pretty good stuff. Now just to find a server where the Frog can do some real damage without getting blown out the sky :)

Haha, yes! All of the old videos have been replaced by actual in-game tutorials.

I do most of my SEAD on Open Conflict. You have a pretty good idea of where the SAMS are, just by looking at where your friendly SAM ranges end. Just keep an eye on the F10 map and make sure you aren't about to blow a friendly SAM sky-high. There are also SAM bases as objectives.

In-game: Badger

I5-6600k @ 4.5 | MSI Z170A Krait | GTX 1070 G1 | 32Gb Ripjaw | Corsair H60 AIO | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Pro Pedals

A-10 Warthog: For the times when absolutely, positively everything must die.

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | M2000C | AJS37 | UH1 | FC3

• 2 months later...
SEAD is very easy with the frog. I found the below tutorial very helpful. Also, as Razor said, the quick mission is great for learning. I ran it over a couple times to get an idea of range and pop-ups, and then moved to MP.

This video is excellent. It shows you exactly how to find, target and launch, but it does not show what the SAM's can do.

They can turn their radar off and on. This makes it tough to be in a good position to shoot when it is on. They can wait till you are almost on top of them to turn on their radar, then it is at best a race to see who can fire first. Even then, they can fire before your missle hits and at that range you are quickly dead.

I'm getting smarter at this... but not as fast as I'm getting deader.