pop-up point question

Apache600

Ok, so what am I doing wrong here?

I've got 4 difference sources, and am doing everything verbatim to what I'm seeing, but I can't for the life of me get a U* to show up. It just jumps straight to M*

Target is at B2. turn B2 to M2 by TAKT In, 9, B2. Easy enough.

Enter coordinates for U2. TAKT In, (ex) 130 at 9 km. I've tried entering 130090 and 310090 , and then press B2 again.

Then back to AKT POS Out.

Now when I pass B1, or select B2, it only cycles to M2. I'm never able to see a U2

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Ok, so what am I doing wrong here?

I've got 4 difference sources, and am doing everything verbatim to what I'm seeing, but I can't for the life of me get a U* to show up. It just jumps straight to M*

Target is at B2. turn B2 to M2 by TAKT In, 9, B2. Easy enough.

Enter coordinates for U2. TAKT In, (ex) 130 at 9 km. I've tried entering 130090 and 310090 , and then press B2 again.

Then back to AKT POS Out.

Now when I pass B1, or select B2, it only cycles to M2. I'm never able to see a U2

- Apache600

I believe it's currently bugged, and only works with kilometer quantities which are multiples of 10.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

Okay. First off, your procedure seems indicate that you input the Log/Lat coordinates of your pop-up point.

This is unnecessary and AFAIK impossible. The pop-up point is created simply by inputting a 3-digit heading followed by a 3-digit number to represent range along that heading FROM the target waypoint.

So your pop-up point (if the system wasn't bugged) would be 9km away from the target position, and you would attack the target flying at a heading of 130. This would be entered into the CK-37 computer as going into TAKT, input mode, code: 130090, then hitting B2 button.

HOWEVER

Currently the function of pop-up points is a bit bugged. As Fishbreath stated, pop-up points only work for some reason if you leave-out the final zero in the distance part of the code, and make said distance a multiple of 10. Also, enter the code only and keep the waypoint of your target as a normal waypoint.

So the closest thing to your pop-up point code procedure that would work is this:

Takt, input, enter code: 13001, hit B2 waypoint button, AKT POS output mode.

The B2 waypoint will automatically become a target waypoint (don't do the code: 9 thing), and after passing over B1 the destination indicator will become a U2. Follow the hud, not the compass/CI.

Hope it helps :)

• Like 1

So You can atm only choose a pop-up distance 10 km?? 20 km or 0 km are meaningless tactically, no option (multiples of 10). Sorry I am slow but I do not fully understand?

Precis, de e buggat atm, så man kan bara använda 10, 20 30, etc.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Can someone please confirm if popup distance is corrected with the last update or do we still need 10 km?

Also I am not sure what the heading number really does? Is it the heading to be flown during the Attack (so 180 means the popo up point will be north of the target)?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Pierre