Building decicated server on Poweredge 710

I am planning to build a dedicated DCS server:pilotfly:and would like to see the do's and dont's . I know so far that cpu speed and lot of ram is very important but am not sure if VMware is a good choice.

Any people here that can point me out in some useful tips ?

Ian

I run one of those myself, T710, dual Xeon X5650 2,67GHz and 32GB, lots of drives etc...

The CPU I guess is just not fast enough tho you had plenty cores IF...but it won't I am afraid.

Thing is, this rig will go out of production soon and I also have plans with it....just that I think the CPU speed is too low but give it a try :)

Would be happy to hear it works.

VMware...I dunno...I use VMware Workstation & Fusion ( for Mac ), as long as you can deliver DX11 it shold work. Try Hyper-V if VMware wont do it.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X