JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

Hiya, how come all the helicopters were removed?

I can understand some of them as they don't stand much of a chance in Air to Air (granted, doing hover-fighting amongst the trees as a Harrier vs Huey was glorious fun), but could we please get the SA342 Gazelle Mistral?

Sorely missed.

As I ended up having to fly the Viggen instead, any chance that it could be fitted with its flare and gun pod? It appears that RB74's occupy those spots at the moment (with no RB74's on the inner pylons iirc).

Edited by Sephyrius

Hiya, how come all the helicopters were removed?

I can understand some of them as they don't stand much of a chance in Air to Air (granted, doing hover-fighting amongst the trees as a Harrier vs Huey was glorious fun), but could we please get the SA342 Gazelle Mistral?

Sorely missed.

As I ended up having to fly the Viggen instead, any chance that it could be fitted with its flare and gun pod? It appears that RB74's occupy those spots at the moment (with no RB74's on the inner pylons iirc).

Hi there !

The hellis were removed in an attempt to find the issue with user disconnections.

Of course I will place a couple of Mistrals if you want them !

And we can do something about the Viggens too !

If you have any preference regarding the hellis let me know - where you want them, maybe blue against red in some area or in the middle of the fast movers etc.

Cheers !

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi there !

The hellis were removed in an attempt to find the issue with user disconnections.

Of course I will place a couple of Mistrals if you want them !

And we can do something about the Viggens too !

If you have any preference regarding the hellis let me know - where you want them, maybe blue against red in some area or in the middle of the fast movers etc.

Cheers !

Wonderful, thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
just an update. ur server crashes every 15 mins.

Although not very happy yet with the server's performance, I think you must be looking at somebody's else's server. Below are the server restarts. Note that I have it on an auto-restart when going empty or if found empty for one straight hour.

276 players connected since 7th of May (3 days).

I don't see 15 minutes anywhere... What you claim doesn't make sense. Check you network....

Server restarts :

08/05/2019 01:44

08/05/2019 07:46

08/05/2019 08:48 << AUTO restart on empty for 1 hour

08/05/2019 13:52

08/05/2019 17:33

08/05/2019 23:08

09/05/2019 02:41

09/05/2019 08:18

09/05/2019 13:38

09/05/2019 18:57

10/05/2019 00:21

10/05/2019 05:25

10/05/2019 09:48

10/05/2019 16:27

Cheers...

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Your server is called JUST DOGFIGHT capital letters right? Do you want me to record a video when the server is up, then everybody get kicked out and then the server is missing from the list? Then it comes back up again and there are 0 players online? Are you accusing me im imagining things? Im on this server every evening. Every player that comes online after the kick confirms the same. How is it possible that you do not know this? Do you ever play on it?

Maybe you are the admin of somebody else's server.

Your server is called JUST DOGFIGHT capital letters right? Do you want me to record a video when the server is up, then everybody get kicked out and then the server is missing from the list? Then it comes back up again and there are 0 players online? Are you accusing me im imagining things? Im on this server every evening. Every player that comes online after the kick confirms the same. How is it possible that you do not know this? Do you ever play on it?

Maybe you are the admin of somebody else's server.

Hi Sash !

Instead of being rude maybe you could support this thread :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=238795

OFC you can always ask for a refund ;)

Cheers...

🙂 Smile 🙂

Im not trying to be rude. I was just trying to update you. You are rude. I have tons of tacview files to support my statement if u dont believe me.

Sash,

you have to understand that misinformation costs.

When you post "your server crashes every 15 minutes" you raise an alert. I have to stop whatever I am doing and go hunting a reset loop that does not exist. It costs valuable time that I do not have; for something totally wrong. Do not do it.

The server issue at the moment is described in the linked post.

I am the last person that wants this, but please understand that there is nothing else I can do.

Either live with it (until fixed) or enjoy some other of the gazillion DCS servers.

On another subject, I do not know if English is your native language, but some of your comments come across borderline rude. It's not a bid deal, intentional or not, it's the internets after all. But being polite always gets you more in life.

Please let's drop this subject. Past this point it's just noise...

Cheers.

🙂 Smile 🙂

What happened to the server? It seems to be offline for 2 days now. Or at least I cant reach it from Germany?

Hi darkman.

The stable version seems there as well as the open beta. Which one was not visible to you ?

I did a restart on the open beta, please see if is has now appeared.

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Thanks for this great server, I rarely go anywhere else when I want a dust up now. Its a first rate place to practice ACM.

Is there any possibility you might do another server dedicated to WW2 combat? Many has been the time I was flying my Spitfire, wishing we had a similar server to this one just to pull some G's and let off some lead.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about Tacview on this server. I think this happens also on other multiplayer servers, but as I am on this server most of the time, I would like to ask here. If there is already a thread about Tacview I just dont find it and I would be grateful if someone can post a link... Tacview works fine in singleplayer for me. It creates an acmi file in documents/tacview. But all the Tacview files from multiplayer sessions are corrupt. 1KB or 0KB. I remember I once managed to get a working one. But i dont remember what I exactly did. Just connected to one slot then disconnected maybe. Any advice?

I have a question about Tacview on this server. I think this happens also on other multiplayer servers, but as I am on this server most of the time, I would like to ask here. If there is already a thread about Tacview I just dont find it and I would be grateful if someone can post a link... Tacview works fine in singleplayer for me. It creates an acmi file in documents/tacview. But all the Tacview files from multiplayer sessions are corrupt. 1KB or 0KB. I remember I once managed to get a working one. But i dont remember what I exactly did. Just connected to one slot then disconnected maybe. Any advice?

On this server - tacview is not working. If you still want to get it to tacview, you should watch replay from this server, cuz tacview can scan replays too. So you need just to open replay and watch it in real time(don't know what will happen if you increase speed), and in this time you'll get working acmi file.

Тот, кто учится не размышляя, впадет в заблуждение. Тот, кто размышляет, не желая учиться, окажется в затруднении:smartass:

Cheers !

Hi. Can you make some balance for 27 fuel load? On beta, there is a significant difference in fuel balance between su27 vs m2000 and su27 vs f18. 30% of my fights ends when i'm on someone's six out of fuel.

It's not fair for enemy, because i have less weight, and our planes aren't balanced

And it's not fair for me, because when i get on someone's six, they just make some moves and waiting when my fuel ends.

So now it's way far from fair fights.

Тот, кто учится не размышляя, впадет в заблуждение. Тот, кто размышляет, не желая учиться, окажется в затруднении:smartass:

And can you enable export to tacview? After long fights it takes a lot of time to rewatch replay and get working .acmi file from fights.:helpsmilie:

Guest Guest

This is from the Just Dogfight server on release. If guys have mods to do that, they've probably got mods to do just about anything else.

I miss the time when I could get legit 1v1 gun fights where people were flying without mods on their DCS installs.

Guest Guest
Hi. Can you make some balance for 27 fuel load? On beta, there is a significant difference in fuel balance between su27 vs m2000 and su27 vs f18. 30% of my fights ends when i'm on someone's six out of fuel.

It's not fair for enemy, because i have less weight, and our planes aren't balanced

And it's not fair for me, because when i get on someone's six, they just make some moves and waiting when my fuel ends.

So now it's way far from fair fights.

Then your TWR will be terrible and you'll still be at a disadvantage compared to other modules just a different disadvantage.

Then your TWR will be terrible and you'll still be at a disadvantage compared to other modules just a different disadvantage.

Yeah... i got it later... Flight models sucks. F18 better than real one. F15 better than real. M2000 better than real. And flanker worse than real. My ass burns because of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you add more duel slots? Now we have 2. Would be great if we will have 4-6. When a lot of ppl on server, it's very hard to enter in duel slot

Can you add more duel slots? Now we have 2. Would be great if we will have 4-6. When a lot of ppl on server, it's very hard to enter in duel slot

Hi there !

For the moment I am afraid that it cannot happen. The server is already too fragmented.

Our idea of a public server is to have a multiplayer experience, not a private meeting. Two such areas are already too much.

I hope you understand !

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Thanks for this great server, I rarely go anywhere else when I want a dust up now. Its a first rate place to practice ACM.

Is there any possibility you might do another server dedicated to WW2 combat? Many has been the time I was flying my Spitfire, wishing we had a similar server to this one just to pull some G's and let off some lead.

Hi Stuart !

Sorry for missing your post.

We used to have a WW2 area in the server, but was rarely used. It only created more slot-chaos and delayed loading/start-up times. The final blow came when server crashes started and I was taking everything out, in desperation to find what was causing it. I never did, but the planes never made it back.

Plus the wasted money on all these modules that I have never flown more than 1 or 2 times... I stopped buying as I prefer to keep the money for the server's fees.

Still, I may put back a couple of planes since you asked. Do you have a preference as to which ones ? (keep in mind I do not have the new Fw109A and I-16).

Regards !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi there !

For the moment I am afraid that it cannot happen. The server is already too fragmented.

Our idea of a public server is to have a multiplayer experience, not a private meeting. Two such areas are already too much.

I hope you understand !

Cheers !

Yeah, I understand you perfectly.

I'm just saying what I see :)