JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

attachment.php?attachmentid=235115

Hi Barracuda !

I have just resent the activation e-mail.

Please check any spam folders you may have, although at least another 4 users have registered successfully after you.

If the problem persists please let me know.

You are right on time for the new stats system :)

Cheers !

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I made a fan video in case you want to check, I hope you like it :)

https://youtu.be/V9wVhMWhCIM

Regards, luichek

luichek,

I don't just like it, I LOVE it !

What can I say ? This is front-page material. I will be honored if you let me put it on the front page of the site (ofc with full attribution to you, nickname or whatever you want mentioned).

A BIG thank you.

Keep flying and having fun !

Flighter

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

luichek - nice video, I like it. Just realized my name is in it ;)

And flighter: Thats great you turned exports on. It was always a hassle to do a replay after a long day on the server to get the tacview, which often was broken anyway. Tacview is the best learning tool for that server. As far as I can imagine, the only way you really could abuse Tacview (with delay turned off) for a tactical advantage is to discover a jet which is hiding in the mountains in missile area. In all the other areas you dont even survive long enough for a cheater to restart DCS ;)

luichek - nice video, I like it. Just realized my name is in it ;)

And flighter: Thats great you turned exports on. It was always a hassle to do a replay after a long day on the server to get the tacview, which often was broken anyway. Tacview is the best learning tool for that server. As far as I can imagine, the only way you really could abuse Tacview (with delay turned off) for a tactical advantage is to discover a jet which is hiding in the mountains in missile area. In all the other areas you dont even survive long enough for a cheater to restart DCS ;)

Hey Darkman !

Very nice video indeed !

The "b2" server has them on. No bandwidth issues there.

I have them on with no delay. I don't think it gives any advantage as the moment you spawn you are in the enemy's nose anyway.

And I have to agree with you, it's a great learning tool.

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Really happy you like it, Flighter! of course do whatever you want with the video, I made it honored to your work. You don't need to do anything special with my nickname or whatever, don't worry, just very happy you like it :). If you want the original video (1.3 GB) just tell me.

Take care, luichek

Edited by luichek

Really happy you like it, Flighter! of course do whatever you want with the video, I made it honored to your work. You don't need to do anything special with my nickname or whatever, don't worry, just very happy you like it :). If you want the original video (1.3 GB) just tell me.

Take care, luichek

Hi again !

Many thanks for the offer. I may ask you to somehow send me the file. I'll have to rethink the front page of the site.

I do mean it that it is one of the best DCS (and not only) videos I have seen. Captures the moment, the excitement, the action, and I better stop here or I will start sounding like those late night film critics LOL

I have already posted it on the site news, but it needs a more prominent place. Time permitting, it will happen soon.

Again, a big thanks to you and of course all the people that make the server worth joining.

As I have said many times before, an empty server is a sad server.

Soooo, yes, just that.

Here's the link/image to the post :

attachment.php?attachmentid=241926

1839469289_Whatanamazingvideo.png.ffdec5a4930349756952aae9315f9482.png

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hello Flighter, PM with Link sent :)

Hey there Luicheck !

You video is on our main page. And it looks stunning.

You nickname is also at the very bottom along with the rest of the team. If you prefer something else than your nickname, let me know !

Did I say thanks ? :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=241968

team.png.cee761c01950b02387020d253a5932ed.png

🙂 Smile 🙂

Great! it looks Amazing, really nice Flighter!

I am thinking, you could (if you think its a good idea) upload the video to the Justdogfigth Official Youtube Channel and link it in the post instead of mine, I think makes more sense and looks more professional (?).

Very happy, take care, luichek

Edited by luichek

Great! it looks Amazing, really nice Flighter!

I am thinking, you could (if you think its a good idea) upload the video to the Justdogfigth Official Youtube Channel and link it in the post instead of mine, I think makes more sense and looks more professional (?).

Very happy, take care, luichek

Hi Luichek.

Name corrected.

I have to thank you again for the offer. The least I can do is let the video run from your YT channel for some time (2-3 months ?). You should get the views and the likes :) After that we see. OFC your name is there to stay.

Only let me know if you want to take the video down before that.

Best regards

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hey Flighter. I have an idea. Don't know if it is easy to realize though. At the moment the stats give just over all kills. So if someone joins the server in a year for the first time, he won't be able to catch up at all. What if the stats would show kill ratio? I don't know if you can get your hands on these numbers too. If someone gets killed , of course thats a kill . And if someone leaves the aircraft to get a new one that has to be a kill too. Otherwise it would be unfair. That might work well in missile area. But I know people eject in 1v1 to get a new aircraft. So well, we cant account for that case I guess.

Edited by darkman222

Hey Flighter. I have an idea. Don't know if it is easy to realize though. At the moment the stats give just over all kills. So if someone joins the server in a year for the first time, he won't be able to catch up at all. What if the stats would show kill ratio? I don't know if you can get your hands on these numbers too. If someone gets killed , of course thats a kill . And if someone leaves the aircraft to get a new one that has to be a kill too. Otherwise it would be unfair. That might work well in missile area. But I know people eject in 1v1 to get a new aircraft. So well, we cant account for that case I guess.

Hi darkman

Yes, a kill to death ratio is possible. As you say for some areas (like 1v1) it has slightly different definition as 99% of players just eject after a kill.

For the other areas it's a bit more involving but still doable to a great degree of accuracy.

At the moment the scoring system is on hold as I am collecting data to see the amount of storage required. This will play major role in database optimizations plus archiving data (thus loosing granularity in the process).

Also note that at the moment the kills is just as DCS reports them (what you see on the chat area) without any extra processing.

For the publicly visible stats I would prefer something generic as it is now.

For members, one should be able to see much more details (as it already is now), including how he/she measures against individual players, stats over time etc.

A lot of potential is there, and many ideas are on the table.

Watch this space.

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

I have no idea how to do it technically. But maybe there is a logic that can determine if the jet was one of the 1v1 or the guns or the missile area. And then apply different rules.

But even if the players in 1v1 area eject after kill, that should just add a kill on both players and should equalize it in the end. At least I think so.

NOOB Question!

Forgive my ignorance, I don't know how to register. I have seen that I need to paste my code to the "in game chat" but I'm new to this and don't know where that is.

I would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Willie

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

NOOB Question!

Forgive my ignorance, I don't know how to register. I have seen that I need to paste my code to the "in game chat" but I'm new to this and don't know where that is.

I would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Willie

Hi Willie

If you haven't already done so, here it is :

- Register on the site

- Go to your profile page

- Click on the "copy" link. This will copy your RSV code so you can paste it later

- Launch the game and connect to any JDF server (stable or open beta)

- Once connected, press SHIFT + TAB

- The chat window should be shown, and you should be able to type.

- Instead, press CONTROL - V to paste the coped code and press enter.

You should get a "RESERVATION OK" message.

More details with pictures here: justdogfight.com

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Willie

If you haven't already done so, here it is :

- Register on the site

- Go to your profile page

- Click on the "copy" link. This will copy your RSV code so you can paste it later

- Launch the game and connect to any JDF server (stable or open beta)

- Once connected, press SHIFT + TAB

- The chat window should be shown, and you should be able to type.

- Instead, press CONTROL - V to paste the coped code and press enter.

You should get a "RESERVATION OK" message.

More details with pictures here: justdogfight.com

Cheers !

Ah ha, I’d didn’t even know that I could do SHIFT + TAB thing, perhaps because I’ve been having a lot of trouble with MP lately. That’s great thanks very much. I’ll see you soon. Cheers.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How can we stop guys from respawning or selecting another airframe before they die? Vex and a couple other guys are notorious for doing this.

Yes, this is just sad.

More and more People seem to notice this unfair Behaviour and don't like

to join that frequently on JDF anymore.

Only Solution for this I know: Shoot the Pilot.

Edited by ESCTaxi

Yes, this is just sad.

More and more People seem to notice this unfair Behaviour and don't like

to join that frequently on JDF anymore.

Only Solution for this I know: Shoot the Pilot.

I've noticed the reduction in players as well.