JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

Any possibility of including newer maps since I pop in the server every now and then and would like to make use of those DLC maps just collecting virtual dust for yonks now.

Well you have to wait for Flighters official response, but personally I dont think this is a good idea.

The servers are already less populated then they were and if you now use DLC maps, it will further split the community, excluding all those who don't have the required maps.

In my opinion the good thing about the JDF Servers is , you can just jump in, have some quick fun in almost every aircraft and so there is very low bar of requirements to meet before you can join the frag.

Maybe when the 2nd free map of the Pacific regions comes out, the two free maps can be swapped in intervals.

Regards,

Snappy

The only way to manage it would be to set up a private JDF arena that's password accessible. It'd be the only way to screen out the riff-raff. Any time you allow public access to anything, the losers will show up at some point.

attachment.php?attachmentid=235115

How can we stop guys from respawning or selecting another airframe before they die? Vex and a couple other guys are notorious for doing this.

Hi Carlos and company.

There is not much we can do to fix this. ED should return the system as they had it before - registering a death when the player leaves his slot if not on a friendly base.

I know it's very very annoying but this is internetz for you.

On the other hand, I am in no way inclined to become a policeman, especially for a game.

The idea is to have fun, make friends and become better dogfighter gamers.

I have noticed that all this mess causes a lot of friction and really bad and unacceptable reactions from players.

I have seen some language that makes me want to take the servers down. Swearing/attacking other people's family or religion or skin color ? How sad is that ?

JDF has been up 24/7 for almost 4 years now. The ban list count is just 4 players ! I do not want this to drastically change.

Top 10 and stats is a nice thing to have, but I am afraid that makes things worse. I may very well take them down, this is the reason I did not have them since the early days.

In any case, I have met some really cool guys on JDF, and I have to thank each and every one, even the ones that have occasionally expressed themselves with a bit more passion (if you know what I mean).

Keep on smiling !

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Any possibility of including newer maps since I pop in the server every now and then and would like to make use of those DLC maps just collecting virtual dust for yonks now.

Hi Pulsar,

If the maps were all free, we could have a rotation system.

Once the new free map arrives, this is a possiblility, time permitting.

But at the end of the day, JDF is not about the map or the mission. It's about close air combat, and the air is more or less the same on all maps :)

Cheers

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Areas

Please admin

Is it possible to add an area or server with only 1 vs 1 without missiles ?, and a manner to block the way to respawn when we are touched ?, then it will be more fun and will calm some folks :-)

Is it possible ?

Thank you

Thrust

Edited by =THRUST=

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Flighter,

wanted to ask if you ever thought about adding the free Su-25 to the 1v1 section aircraft selection?

Before you fall off your chair laughing :) My thoughts are : It has rudimentary A2A capabilitiy and can even carry the R73 missile and has an internal gun with wingsspan gunsight.

But my main thought was , users who are new to DCS and want to have some initial uncomplicated MP fun on your server would have an aircraft to fly ,so they can have a sneek peek at the action without having to buy a module first.

Plus for the seasoned player it could actually be fun, fighting Su-25vs Su-25 , its an exotic scenario.

Thanks a lot for your super-fun servers!

Kind regards,

Snappy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, may someone please explain to me how does this dogfights thing work?

I'm interested in 1 v 1 online dogfighting guns only. When I connect to this dogfighting server, what is the protocol and how does everything work? How do I find opponents and how do we spawn in front of each other? I don't want to connect to the server just in case I am a bit lost as to how it all works.

How do people communicate? Is there a built-in voice feature now with multiplayer or you have to download some sort of teamspeak or whatever?

Will be forever thankful to anyone who tells me how this thing works. Cheers!!

• Like 1

Easy. You can take a free slot 1v1 in a 1v1 area and wait for someone to join, or you can press alt+tab to open the chat up and ask for someone who wants to fight you 1v1 and you both choose the 1v1 area you want to fight in. I 'm not sure about if people communicate via voice chat too. But you dont need it anyway. Just Chat is fine.

Easy. You can take a free slot 1v1 in a 1v1 area and wait for someone to join, or you can press alt+tab to open the chat up and ask for someone who wants to fight you 1v1 and you both choose the 1v1 area you want to fight in. I 'm not sure about if people communicate via voice chat too. But you dont need it anyway. Just Chat is fine.

I see some slots have like "-1R" some "-3B" ect... what does that mean?

1,2,3 is the area. R=red B=blue. If someone wants to fight you and he tells he is in a red aircraft in area 1 you can take all aircraft that have 1 and B in its description. Or you can just ask on the chat. People are very friendly there.

Cheers, got you! How does one find dogfighting competitions?

Hey Flighter. I really love your server. I have been playing on it 90 % of my DCS time since two years ago. But there is one really annoying thing. The AI Mig29 in missile area. I play at strange european times when it happens that just one or two other human players are around. So if I pick red in missile area, everything is fine. If I pick blue there is only me an another guy and the AI Mig. But this thing is everywhere you wont expect it to be, it does not fight like a human. It defeats missiles with 2 flares. Make the AI Mig spawnable, yes why not, to keep up the action. But can we please just get rid of it being permanently around in missile area? If i want to fight an AI aircraft I can just pick an offline DCS mission. But I connect to your server to fight humans, not AI.

Edited by darkman222

• 2 weeks later...
Scoreboard: Closed Down - Too much cheating.

Hehe. Congratulations to People like TCAS. :)

Whatever. Hopefully, this stupid mid-combat despawning by some special Players finally stops.

Add also people like Thrust and Polo Marco: all the times they are losing, they return to spectator or respawn, the result is you'll not have the win score and they don't have the loss in their statistics.

I think Flighter can see in the server statistics that those nice guys score many wins and very few losses, often with a ratio of 20:1 or more.

• Like 1

Instead of swearing always in forum and beeing the juge in fighting area and desapointed because board erased read it first just down there.....

Dont forget to add lots of others , PUMA , Airweek, etc etc etc and you "Maxsin72 " sometimes = already noticed ...

Then even an area will be constructed without any cheating mods (then very clear) in servers we will find lots of pilots always complaining and crying.

We are not there to do politics only fun and realistic.

Lots of pilots have already done this cheat or seems to be a cheat against me and never complaining, never.

The really cheat is when only "your aircraft" turn at 35 degrees per second in sustain turning.

Here same lua for all then same software and tool.

The key to avoid respawning is :For me just finding a way to send at good time two missiles or touching canopy at guns area and that work fine .... thanks ED to this realistic thing

I remember FALCON in 2004/2006 same history same angry.

Cheers

Thrust

======

12 September 2020, 22h48

Areas

Please admin

Is it possible to add an area or server with only 1 vs 1 without missiles ?, and a manner to block the way to respawn when we are touched ?, then it will be more fun and will calm some folks :-)

Is it possible ?

Thank you

Thrust

Dernière modification par =THRUST=, 15 September 2020, 19h30.

Edited by =THRUST=

Instead of swearing always in forum and beeing the juge in fighting area and desapointed because board erased read it first just down there.....

Dont forget to add lots of others , PUMA , Airweek, etc etc etc and you "Maxsin72 " sometimes = already noticed ...

Then even an area will be constructed without any cheating mods (then very clear) in servers we will find lots of pilots always complaining and crying.

We are not there to do politics only fun and realistic.

Lots of pilots have already done this cheat or seems to be a cheat against me and never complaining, never.

The really cheat is when only "your aircraft" turn at 35 degrees per second in sustain turning.

Here same lua for all then same software and tool.

The key to avoid respawning is :For me just finding a way to send at good time two missiles or touching canopy at guns area and that work fine .... thanks ED to this realistic thing

I remember FALCON in 2004/2006 same history same angry.

Cheers

Thrust

======

12 September 2020, 22h48

Areas

Please admin

Is it possible ?

Thank you

Thrust

Dernière modification par =THRUST=, 15 September 2020, 19h30.

Thrust you are a very unfair player: in missiles area turn rate does not matter but you usually respawn every time someone kill you, so who kill you will not have the score, and you know very well that this is against the rules.

I also remember very well a 1vs1 only guns between you and another player, you were losing so you made a fox 2 and then you disconnected.

You never made a dogfight vs me because you are too much afraid to lose and my tomcat turn rate is absolutely the same of all the others tomcats, you are a lier.

Ask to the ones who use F14 like Pogo, Vandal, ssun_god, ZIP and so on, we had many dogfights and they know me very well.

You have only to shut up your mouth.

Edited by maxsin72

Missunderstood:

When i said "your aircraft" i mean "in general" not to you then whrited under " ", we know all its impossible 35 degres per second (for UFO certainly), lmfao, pogo (south french friend) and ssun god (south korea) are so respectable.

I dont want to keep fighting like this dude,only in arena, com on in Toulouse France and i will offer you a big beer (not jokingly) you are passionned by aeronautics at a big level like me.

Then if i have offended you please to appologize sincerelly.

Simulatorilly

Thrust

Edited by =THRUST=

Missunderstood:

When i said "your aircraft" i mean "in general" not to you then whrited under " ", we know all its impossible 35 degres per second (for UFO certainly), lmfao, pogo (south french friend) and ssun god (south korea) are so respectable.

I dont want to keep fighting like this dude,only in arena, com on in Toulouse France and i will offer you a big beer (not jokingly) you are passionned by aeronautics at a big level like me.

Then if i have offended you please to appologize sincerelly.

Simulatorilly

Thrust

I would really like what you wrote to be sincere. Unfortunately, however, I am very afraid that this is not the case because you have also written "Here same lua for all then same software and tool". Nobody and I repeat nobody has ever seemed to me that he used cheats on lua, software or tool. I think it's also time for Flighter to clarify the kind of reasons and "cheats" that led him to make this decision. I spent hundreds of hours playing honestly on justdogfight because il like and enjoy it very much and there are beautiful people and like me many others, so

I think greater clarity is useful for everyone

Edited by maxsin72

I said same lua for other pilots that always said we are cheaters. I read you before , we are both no chezters im sure.

and for my lasts words im sincere no worries.

For other words you writh

Agreed Maxsin.

good luck

Edited by =THRUST=

Hi guys.

The stats will be back. Also there will be a wall of shame.

I will not publish anything from the past, but from the momemt that stas return.

In the mean time all your score is registered, so do not worry about loosing anything (@Maxsin carry on fighting).

To the best of my knowledge, no one is cheating with modified planes.

The cheating I refer to is the changing of slots as to not register a death.

We all know who is doing it (with lots of database proof), and we all know who is a good pilot.

Closing this post, I would like to remind everyone that we all love planes and having competitive fun with friends, Let's keep it that way.

I will do some database optimizations that are needed and all will be back to normal. I hope to find the time this weekend.

Cheers all !

• Like 1

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi guys.

The stats will be back. Also there will be a wall of shame.

I will not publish anything from the past, but from the momemt that stas return.

In the mean time all your score is registered, so do not worry about loosing anything (@Maxsin carry on fighting).

To the best of my knowledge, no one is cheating with modified planes.

The cheating I refer to is the changing of slots as to not register a death.

We all know who is doing it (with lots of database proof), and we all know who is a good pilot.

Closing this post, I would like to remind everyone that we all love planes and having competitive fun with friends, Let's keep it that way.

I will do some database optimizations that are needed and all will be back to normal. I hope to find the time this weekend.

Cheers all !

Thanks Flighter, those are really good news and i'm already carry on fighting because i like it too much and the score is not so important :)

The most important thing is enjoy with fair play :)