JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

attachment.php?attachmentid=235115

Hi guys.

The stats will be back. Also there will be a wall of shame.

I will not publish anything from the past, but from the momemt that stas return.

In the mean time all your score is registered, so do not worry about loosing anything (@Maxsin carry on fighting).

To the best of my knowledge, no one is cheating with modified planes.

The cheating I refer to is the changing of slots as to not register a death.

We all know who is doing it (with lots of database proof), and we all know who is a good pilot.

Closing this post, I would like to remind everyone that we all love planes and having competitive fun with friends, Let's keep it that way.

I will do some database optimizations that are needed and all will be back to normal. I hope to find the time this weekend.

Cheers all !

Thank you Flighter :thumbup:

Could you please clarify some other questions.:smartass:

1: After the message of kill in 1 vs 1 do we have to eject or we can respawn if our aircraft isn't touched ?

2: For friendly kills ((seen often times...because of people know :devil_2:or dont know :cry:or missile change course:Flush: , that red dont have to kill red and blue dont have to kill blue:pilotfly: whats appen then?:joystick:

2: For missile area ok understood , keep on swiming with guns or land at own runway .:gun_smilie:

After landing on carrier or base do we have to eject or respawn for fresh one ? :robot:

Thanks for your good job Flighter:clown_2:

Cheers

Thrust

Thank you Flighter :thumbup:

Could you please clarify some other questions.:smartass:

1: After the message of kill in 1 vs 1 do we have to eject or we can respawn if our aircraft isn't touched ?

2: For friendly kills ((seen often times...because of people know :devil_2:or dont know :cry:or missile change course:Flush: , that red dont have to kill red and blue dont have to kill blue:pilotfly: whats appen then?:joystick:

2: For missile area ok understood , keep on swiming with guns or land at own runway .:gun_smilie:

After landing on carrier or base do we have to eject or respawn for fresh one ? :robot:

Thanks for your good job Flighter:clown_2:

Cheers

Thrust

Hi Thrust and company.

Going straight t the point :

- 1 vs 1 have no rules regarding game play as you get to choose your opponent. It's then between the two what goes and what not. Someone can always just leave the "offending" player to fight himself. Plus, in 1 vs 1 slots people usually expect the other player re-selecting a slot with 100 % health, so no worries there.

- Friendly fire is already taken care of, with the auto-kick - auto temp-ban system. Not much we can do in the limited time that I have at the moment. I hope is is good enough. Plus veteran players almost always help newcomers not making these mistakes. This is something nice and nobble.

-If you are landed on a friendly base, you can change slots or eject; it makes no difference. And nobody is going to say anything if you are alone and change slots mid air. It's mid battle with someone on your tail that makes it bad.

The idea is to run for your life, or stay and fight; but not to eject or even worse, change slots to deny the other player the kill. Plus, the AAA is there to save you, if you manage to make it and land. I know you are familiar with al this, I just repeat it for the unfamiliar reader. Do not go crazy over it though, we want a relaxed environment and people enjoying themselves (remember, you can even take off from the taxiways for God's shake :) ), but this slot changing was getting out of hand.

Unfortunately the only real solution is to be fixed in the game. I hope it will be soon (ED guys are aware of it). The way it was before was "good enough" for multiplayer.

Best regards to all !

PS A Kill to Death ratio report per month for Guns and AIR area is very, very amusing... I will not publish anything, but the ones that became VERY good VERY fast know... Also, all servers have full tacview tracks since the very early days. Just saying...

Edited by Flighter
  • Like 1

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Nothing should win against the F14 in a guns duel right now. That thing out-turns every other jet, and can out-climb most, too. Fly something else in a duel for a challenge, or only duel other F14s. That is the drawback of a server like JDF. It is fun, but very often is a game of exploiting the flight models or damage models.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.

The stats will be back. Also there will be a wall of shame.

I will not publish anything from the past, but from the momemt that stas return.

In the mean time all your score is registered, so do not worry about loosing anything (@Maxsin carry on fighting).

To the best of my knowledge, no one is cheating with modified planes.

The cheating I refer to is the changing of slots as to not register a death.

We all know who is doing it (with lots of database proof), and we all know who is a good pilot.

Closing this post, I would like to remind everyone that we all love planes and having competitive fun with friends, Let's keep it that way.

I will do some database optimizations that are needed and all will be back to normal. I hope to find the time this weekend.

Cheers all !

Hi Flighter, i just took a look at my personal stats today and i've seen one kill with a SpitfireLFMkIX: it's weird because i have never used this plane in multiplayer. Another weird thing was yesterday (or perhaps the day before) in air missiles and guns when all the players (five or six or more) died all together in the same moment killed by unknown :) everybody lol :lol:

Nothing should win against the F14 in a guns duel right now. That thing out-turns every other jet, and can out-climb most, too. Fly something else in a duel for a challenge, or only duel other F14s. That is the drawback of a server like JDF. It is fun, but very often is a game of exploiting the flight models or damage models.

A good strategy I find is to make the F-14 overshoot. Enter a high speed merge and try to force it into an overshoot in some dimension by maneuvering out of plane with it. Then take the opportunity to reverse with a high AoA 1 circle. Take advantage of the fact that it does not slow down easily nor can most F-14 pilots follow in a rolling scissors quite as well as a well-flown Hornet, Mirage or even Eagle. Grab some altitude, don't just merge at the deck and use the vertical.

It might take a few tries to learn it, and don't feel like you can't just extend with speed and try again. I have met some terrible people with horrendous sportsmanship who will actually respawn and shoot you down with a missile if they think you're "running too much" but luckily they're the toxic ones and are fewer in number than those who want to learn.

Hi Pulsar,

If the maps were all free, we could have a rotation system.

Once the new free map arrives, this is a possiblility, time permitting.

But at the end of the day, JDF is not about the map or the mission. It's about close air combat, and the air is more or less the same on all maps :)

Cheers

Hi

I fully agree on having the server run on a free map, to allow everyone to participate. But, will it be possible to swap between areas? How difficult would it be to have, for example the Guns only area swapped with Air? Or even just moving the areas a few miles away from their current locations. Moreover, maybe it is possible to switch seasons? It would be nice to fight over some snow every once in a while. Just for the sake of versatility and to shake things up. It gets quite monotonous to see the same terrain over and over.

Edit: Just imagine how exiting it will be to have the guns only fight moved to a mountainous area. I think it will greatly add to the skills required for dogfighting - using terrain as another item in our dogfighting toolbox.

That being said, I really love JDF and spend hours upon hours in it on a daily basis. Thank you for the good work!!!! I really appreciate the effort you put into this!

Where did the JDF website forum go? I know it wasn't terribly active, but I check it about every day.

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Flighter, any chance you can push the mission start time back at least an hour or so?  When the mission restarts, 1v1 Area 3 is dark.  However, if this is by design and on purpose, no worries.  🙂

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Aie aie aie.

When you come in same day and you win about 28 points and loosed other points all is counted.

At this same day you go (that mean you disconect) all is counted.

When you come back same day and win some points the loosed dont aprear until you loosed the first point in this moment game . then 28/11 or 7 dont remember.

As flighter said when you comeback at own base you can land and eject or respawn if no locked or touched, if im touched i land alive if i can and take another aircraft, you do the same and its the rule.The other pilots eject all the time .... why ???? if you dont die then why you broke your aicraft ??? we start clean then i restart clean.

In 1 second i jumped from 29 to 27 because all the people do the same aircraft error its not a respawn.

To stop survey please Flighter my friend admin erase my dogfighting account "por favor" and give the all points to Maxims because its so important to him. I'm serious.

The more you climb in the tree the more brittled the branch is"

Thrust.

Edited by =Thrust=

16 hours ago, =Thrust= said:

Aie aie aie.

When you come in same day and you win about 28 points and loosed other points all is counted.

At this same day you go (that mean you disconect) all is counted.

When you come back same day and win some points the loosed dont aprear until you loosed the first point in this moment game . then 28/11 or 7 dont remember.

As flighter said when you comeback at own base you can land and eject or respawn if no locked or touched, if im touched i land alive if i can and take another aircraft, you do the same and its the rule.The other pilots eject all the time .... why ???? if you dont die then why you broke your aicraft ??? we start clean then i restart clean.

In 1 second i jumped from 29 to 27 because all the people do the same aircraft error its not a respawn.

To stop survey please Flighter my friend admin erase my dogfighting account "por favor" and give the all points to Maxims because its so important to him. I'm serious.

The more you climb in the tree the more brittled the branch is"

Thrust.

My darling Thurst, first of all i don't need yours points and i don't want yours points at all: the only points i want, as everybody, are the ones i can gain when i score a kill, period.

In air missiles and guns area i fight till the last bullet or i land or i disconnect because i must go.

So if you say "copy flighter" with a big smile and then you do the opposite you are lying, period.

I congratulate you because you are a phenomenon: you flight almost one hour in a area full of foe shooting missiles and nobody was able to kill you.

In any case don't worry because you are not the only one and i don't wish you banned, i only wish people will follow rules on jdf to be all happy and, even if i lose vs players more skilled then me, if it was a fair fight i'll be happy the same.

Edited by maxsin72

Dear friends,

What I see is two guys, that for all I know from past communications come accross as both nice,  ruining their day and the fun they can have.

We have two choices : We go on forever arguing "you did this, you did that" and get the discussion really ugly

OR

we can forget what has happened, make peace, SMILE, and think this over.

We are locked in our houses, and I hope each and every one of you is healthy. There, first reason to smile. Then, we have nice computers, great simulators and nice servers. More smiles. We can play with things that are truly amazing... Do not let mishaps ruin this.

We all have done things that are unfair or simply wrong and have made people mad. And since this is a game meant to give us pleasure and fun, I will ask you this from the bottom of my heart : Sort it out you two, because JDF would not be the same without either of you.

The same goes for every single player that connects to our server. You are the reason I keep it alive, because unfortunately my time schedule has become hectic and free time is something that I do not have.

@Maxsin, I have to tell you that Thrust did ask me twice to delete his account. This shows a decent guy.

@Thrust : Maxsin straight out said that he does not want you banned in any way...

Shake hands and give me some video of good fights to upload to the site.

And forget about the score...

And let's hope ED sees this and fixes the changing slots thing sooner than later. I will make another post at the closed beta forums.

And I have to fix this thread. seems all broken up after the update.

Angelo

PS Maxsin if you want please delete the post with the pics. Point is taken and I would prefer to have this thread with only positive things in it.

Edited by Flighter
  • Like 1

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

1 hour ago, Flighter said:

Dear friends,

What I see is two guys, that for all I know from past communications come accross as both nice,  ruining their day and the fun they can have.

We have two choices : We go on forever arguing "you did this, you did that" and get the discussion really ugly

OR

we can forget what has happened, make peace, SMILE, and think this over.

We are locked in our houses, and I hope each and every one of you is healthy. There, first reason to smile. Then, we have nice computers, great simulators and nice servers. More smiles. We can play with things that are truly amazing... Do not let mishaps ruin this.

We all have done things that are unfair or simply wrong and have made people mad. And since this is a game meant to give us pleasure and fun, I will ask you this from the bottom of my heart : Sort it out you two, because JDF would not be the same without either of you.

The same goes for every single player that connects to our server. You are the reason I keep it alive, because unfortunately my time schedule has become hectic and free time is something that I do not have.

@Maxsin, I have to tell you that Thrust did ask me twice to delete his account. This shows a decent guy.

@Thrust : Maxsin straight out said that he does not want you banned in any way...

Shake hands and give me some video of good fights to upload to the site.

And forget about the score...

And let's hope ED sees this and fixes the changing slots thing sooner than later. I will make another post at the closed beta forums.

And I have to fix this thread. seems all broken up after the update.

Angelo

PS Maxsin if you want please delete the post with the pics. Point is taken and I would prefer to have this thread with only positive things in it.

Hey there !

I did want it a bit dark but too much. Maybe overdid it. Will fix it !

Thanks for letting me know !

Angelo i think you are a very kind and good person.

I hope all this discussion make everybody think about how much rules are important. By my side if i'll meet somebody cheating in the future i think i'll change simply area of gaming to find someone else who play fair.

I've deleted the post as for your request

Thank you very much for everything you do 🙂

Ciao, Massimo

Dear Massimo,

I will say only one thing : It's little things and gestures like this that makes me feel that JDF is worth the effort.

I hope Thrust is smiling also. 

Thank you.

Edited by Flighter
  • Like 1

🙂 Smile 🙂

On 12/2/2020 at 1:07 AM, CL30 said:

Hey Flighter, any chance you can push the mission start time back at least an hour or so?  When the mission restarts, 1v1 Area 3 is dark.  However, if this is by design and on purpose, no worries.  🙂

Hey there !

🙂 Smile 🙂

26 minutes ago, Flighter said:

Dear Massimo,

I will say only one thing : It's little things and gestures like this that makes me feel that JDF is worth the effort.

I hope Thrust is smiling also. 

Thank you.

No problem Angelo i smile, as i said i'm sure all will be clarified with anticheat rules in short future and all comeback well.

The misunderstood will be avoided then 🙂

I dont play against some cheaters already for about two months or more just whrited down to remember and i keep on training with other pilot.

One thing is very strange when i keep callsign "THRUST" life is so hard but when i change it its so much more easier, i like it, 🙂 that mean all want to kill me properly ,if i win its because i did it against the best oponent skill , thats fun.

Thank you ANgelo, good job.

17 hours ago, Flighter said:

Hey there !

Okay, thanks!  It definitely makes it interesting.  I would say maybe 20 minutes later would be enough.  Much appreciated.  🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Hi Flighter,

is there any chance to give the Mig-29 A&S a bit more fuel for the 1v1 slots? They spawn with only around 1.5 Tons, which unfortunately is next to nothing

for the guzzler that the Mig-29 is. You usually get the first cautions after one or two turns.

If that could be increased to 2.5 tons that would be kind. Otherwise a lot of fights end soon because the Mig is simply out of fuel.

Kind regards & thanks for the fun server!

Snappy

What the protocol for winning a dogfight?

I just started using multiplayer a couple of days ago, but I spent probably 500 hours in SP guns-dogfighting an F-18 against F-16s and F-15s set on "Ace" so I can usually at least provide a challenge to opponents.  It's been a humbling experience.  I read books on ACM and practiced every move I could find, and got the point where I could have my way the AI. That said, it took me all of 10 minutes in MP to realize that even below-average humans are harder to defeat than even the best AI.   It's so incredibly different. Of course, they're also more likely to cheat, and I've already had my opponent pull the plug the moment I got on his 6, but such is life.  Humans are at once both awesome and shitty creatures.

Anyway, I've run into this scenario several times already:

1) Get into 1v1 dogfight

2) Am fortunate enough to prevail

3) Opponent re-spawns with a new fuel load, but now I have 1,000lbs left

What am I supposed to do?

Re-spawn as well after the victory, or fight until I'm out, then eject? I'd land and refuel if I could, but it's hard with a guy streaming bullets at you.

Oh, one more thing, I don't understand the rule "keep your canopy on, you don't want to ruin it for the screen shooters"?

Forgive my ignorance, but does this mean that we should not eject?  I typically eject so the logbook records an ejection instead of a death.  What's the correct thing to do in MP?

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

@Rex

Hi Rex, 

yes,  air combat against human opponents is vastly different to fighting the AI.  Besides the DCS AI is suboptimal to put it mildly.

That people change slots once in they are in a disadvantaged position to avoid getting shot down  seems to be a bad trend lately, but usually either in the guns only area or air area,  not so much in 1v1 fortunately.

to your questions:

Regarding 1v1 fights in the 1v1 areas, the usual procedure is after winning a fight you should eject too or at least re-select your aircraft slot.

That way you and your opponent both are reset to a neutral start head to head. Otherwise its usually unfair, like you said , either you are low on fuel/ammo , but also in the opposite sense, you are now much lighter and therefore more maneuverable, plus you could get into an advantageous position before your opponent gets into the game again.

As for the canopy rule, I never noticed that, strange, can only imagine that some people for whatever reason open canopy in midflight to make it rip off and fly convertible-style.

So just fly like normal people with canopy closed and you should be alright.

so welcome to the server, have fun.

BTW , if you re using tacview to analyse your fights, I think the JDF server in greece doesn’t support it ( there is a workaround with replay tracks) but the other JDF server in germany does .Just so you dont wonder, why your tacview file might seem corrupted when you fly on the (usually more popular) server based in greece.

kind regards,

Snappy 

Edited by Snappy

Thanks Snappy! I appreciate it!

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey flighter. Might be an off topic or a stupid question 😉 But when I am visiting my family with just my laptop and no stick or throttle, I found it very funny to jump in a SAM site or tank, drive around and shoot, when I had some time off with the family.

But it just seems like I just cant use combined arms any more. I dont want to troll people but just have fun with some ground units. One day I fought in a tank against a Harrier. It was ton of fun. I was just wondering why combined arms seems to be disabled now.