-=Fighting Legends=- WWII Multiplayer Server Stress Test

We at the Fighting Legends are glad to announce that we are back up and running with a new Server. Our plan at the moment will be to run a Stress Test for the next week, with the possibility of maybe adding another week if necessary. All of this is in order to test server load/performance in preparation for Normandy.

Currently we are running the same mission that was running in January. For those who weren't there this mission is focused on Dogfighting, does include some ground targets and most excitingly includes Grass airfields!

We look forward to seeing you all in the air!

S! from everyone at the Fighting Legends

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

yes, please join us the next few days, as the more people are joining, the better we know whether our possible future investment will make sense....this is a pure stress test server, which we currently dont own, but if it proves capable of our expectations, we plan to invest in the very same machine to host a 24/7 ww2 server...

one tiny request towards the ED moderators...please, dont move this thread just yet. im sure this section gets more attention than the multiplayer section does, especially when its about focused ww2 content...we would like to really see the limitations of the server and therefore it will be necessary to have as many people online as possible, to see whether this will be a worthwile investment in future...thx

Great server :thumbup:

Nice work with the mission set up

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

This is a great idea.

Thank you!

I will be sure to join you guys in the skies of Normandy!

We need pilots to protect the B-24 and B-26 ai bombers the WW II ADC team are working on.

Or the Lancaster, B17G and other ai aircraft in progress.

Did you see EightBalls video of the bombers flying and holding formation?

He figured out how to do it!

Truly the best times lie ahead!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hi Hawkeye,

Although I agree that integrating bombers into WWII missions would certainly be tons of fun and is definitely something we are interested in looking at later on, at this stage due to the nature of this being a one week stress test we are more focused on examining server performance. Mods are unfortunately a little beyond the scope of the server at this point in time.

Thanks,

DefaultFace

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Here's some screenies of the airfields for both Allies and Axis.

attachment.php?attachmentid=158286&stc=1&d=1488501249

attachment.php?attachmentid=158285&stc=1&d=1488501249

attachment.php?attachmentid=158284&stc=1&d=1488501249

Screen_170303_011243.thumb.jpg.f207311a7b0dcc3f053d4be643bfab51.jpg

Screen_170303_011210.thumb.jpg.b2beb4694d2da26315122a496edfbab0.jpg

Screen_170303_011153.thumb.jpg.2bbb6db1cdb73879fd4393754b790425.jpg

9./JG27

Although I agree that integrating bombers into WWII missions would certainly be tons of fun and is definitely something we are interested in looking at later on, at this stage due to the nature of this being a one week stress test we are more focused on examining server performance. Mods are unfortunately a little beyond the scope of the server at this point in time.

Of course.

I should have been more clear.

I meant when the server is fully functioning in Normandy.

I have a few friends who will join the fun!

Thanks again

Hawkeye

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Oh, I remember this mission a few weeks ago....I thought it was really cool the way the Air bases were setup. Next week will be great for me, wife will be gone all week but, don't get me wrong I'm really going to miss her ;). She would kill me if she see this lol.

Just a side note...I do run VR and I notice on a sever that has clouds it gets a little jittery for me. If I remember correctly this mission had clouds. I will play around with my setting to see if can make it better.

S!

Edited by showtime817th

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice work with setting up the mission. I like it, the grass airfields are nice. :thumbup:

imo too many ground objects around the airfields / ground target area though. Makes the fps drop too much / makes it jittery.

Have you tried out having less ground objects in one area? Perhaps having more areas with ground targets, but less targets on a single spot.

Have you experimented with weather? If clear skies would improve fps?

Hopefully ED has learned from the current issues and 2.0/2.5 (or whatever the Normandy get’s released on) will be a bit better on graphics performance.

TeamSpeak server (or pointing us to a common public one) would be nice.

I’ll be dropping in during the evenings / weekend few times.

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | i7-8700K | 32GB DDR4 3600 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE | EKWB custom loop water cooling | Samsung M.2 EVO 960 500GB SSD + 2 x Crucial 250MX SSD + 4TB HD | Asus PG348Q 3440x1440 | TrackIR5 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MSFFB2 w extension + Saitek X52 Throttle + MFG Crosswind | Windows 10-64

Oh, I remember this mission a few weeks ago....I thought it was really cool the way the Air bases were setup. Next week will be great for me, wife will be gone all week but, don't get me wrong I'm really going to miss her ;). She would kill me if she see this lol.

Just a side note...I do run VR and I notice on a sever that has clouds it gets a little jittery for me. If I remember correctly this mission had clouds. I will play around with my setting to see if can make it better.

S!

if not then just let us know...removing clouds is no problem

Hi Redshoes,

Ground targets have been removed for the time being. I think for now the airfields will stay as they are but if we get alot of reports of them causing issues we can take another look at maybe 'optimizing' them somewhat.

9./JG27

Currently there are only ships off the coast for axis to attack. Other ground targets were removed for now.

9./JG27

Hey Guys,

The labels seem to be turned off and it was hard to see anything today. Hopefully the labels will be back on soon.

I did a test on my pc with and without clouds in the same area and with out clouds no jitteriness, a few other experience the same thing. Would be nice to test it on your server with out clouds. I understand if you want clouds on there.

Great mission by the way.

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AFAIK labels are an easy fix and should be running again tomorrow. Ill make sure to get the clouds removed as well.

Out of curiosity... do the clouds cause issues for you on all servers (for example ACG) or just on ours?

9./JG27

Yes, on all WWII server that has clouds same issue. I thought it maybe the heavy populated area but, Steel Balls has same area with clouds that BS has and I have no issue with BS, only ACG, BS and the others.

I know Redshoes has some frame rate issue as well with out VR but, he sometimes runs VR though.

Let's test it out and I will report back to you tomorrow.

Also, I did my own test with a bare mission in the same area with and with out clouds and with the clouds had same issue.

Thanks for helping DefaultFace,

Check SIx!

Edit: I forgot that Steel Balls has one mission with out clouds in same area as BS...I flew it tonight with out any issues.

Edited by showtime817th

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks David...will try out tomorrow.

Can I ask one more favor...Can you guys turn on player export? Would like to run my Gametrix jeatseat if I could.

Edit: I went ahead and did a quick test tonight and it works perfectly now. Thanks for doing that David, I do like the clouds so hopefully in Normandy that wont cause any issue. I will be on tomorrow to fly on the server after work.

Edited by showtime817th

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good to hear the labels are back on, I hope the mod will not be required in Normandy/DCS 2.0

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit