British FV107 Scimitar

Hi All

Well I have done all the other animations which are working in game, as you have see from Naked's video, still some textures to work on and the dreaded track animation which i have been trying to do for 5 days now.

I am really struggling to animate the tracks, without the tracks being animated it would bug the hell out of me till the end of time.

What i have tried so far:

1. Path Deformer - works perfectly in 3dsMax but have been told that DCS only supports Skin and bones

2. Skin and Bones - managed to bone the track and apply a IKSpline to the bones, Problems are as follows:

1. Track appears perfect along the top of the spline (the shape i want the track to be)

2. When it goes round the corders the track for some reason faces outwards.

Questions:

1. I am able to animate the animation using the % along Path on the first bone. But how do i assign an arg based animation to this so that i can animate this value and assign arg 15 for the track. When i try adding this it to say the path percent it wipes the animation out. (see image1)

2. When applying the IK Spline Solver to the bones and then choosing Line01 for it to bind to i get the following (see Image2) how can i overcome this?

3. How can i stop the track from facing outwards on the edges of the line and the bottom? (see Image3)

I would appreciate some help with this as I am struggling with it, now if this way Maya it would have been done 4 days ago :)

Hope someone can point me in the right direction

Much appreciated

Specter

image1.JPG.5d310ebac44ce258928bc3d58a359e8d.JPG

Image2.thumb.JPG.2068749de2de841872963729c60fd8fb.JPG

Image3.thumb.JPG.d901b9d075e4d05b766167661af00d12.JPG

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Unfortunately, the only way to animate tracks, is using a UV shift method with Args, as shown below.

DCS doesn't support IK Solvers :(

You'll need to create a 1 piece object around the wheels and animate the texture. The good news, is that you can use alpha channels to create the same look

Edited by -Rudel-

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Unfortunately, the only way to animate tracks, is using a UV shift method with Args, as shown below.

You'll need to create a 1 piece object around the wheels and animate the texture. The good news, is that you can use alpha channels to create the same look

по подробней можно ?

Hi Rudel

Any chance of getting some assitsance on how to apply this to my modelled track, would be great to get this into game all finished, I have PM'd you my email address

Many thanks

Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great work mates, hope you get the tracks fixed, even without its a cool looking unit. I also have to say the headlights are as good as any I have seen on vehicles in DCSw:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking excellent now, very good job with the tracks, they look perfect. I know this is very cheeky, but will you be producing the other variants of the CVR(T)?

Sultan, Samaritan, Scorpion and Spartan would be great additions to the inventory. I'd love to see a Ferret, Fox, and Saladin too, but I know all of these are wishful thinking.

thanks for the feedback chaps :)

Neil, Yes i do plan on making some more British units and will investigate your suggestions.

Virtually everything else has been completed now, just the damn track animation is outstanding:

The issue i am having is that i don't understand how to apply an arg based animation to something other than using rotation, position and scale, I can animate the UV to produce the moving texture no issues within max, however applying that to an arg based animation is another matter.

Cheers Specter

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have managed to work out how to animate the tracks. EXCELLENT :) :) :) :)

So so pleased!!

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Good job !!!

But you did something wrong with smothing group. Difuse (bitmap) hiden this, but they are still in your model. And i behold for this in the game.

Look, i drew simple picture for you.

picture.php?albumid=1380&pictureid=9041

picture.php?albumid=1380&pictureid=9040

Edited by =UVAF= STATIKUS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Ты привез деньги ?

- Да я привез деньги.

- Сколько денег ты привез ?

- Я привез двести тысячь. А ты ?

- А я сто.

- И того....

- Итого двести тыщь сто.

Good job !!!

But you did something wrong with smothing group. Difuse (bitmap) hiden this, but they are still in your model. And i behold for this in the game.

Look, i drew simple picture for you.

picture.php?albumid=1380&pictureid=9041

picture.php?albumid=1380&pictureid=9040

Thanks for the info, although I didn't model it in Max as prefer Maya and have done for 15 years, I will look at this in Maya, maybe something happened with the export into Max, thanks for the info though.

Cheers Specter

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

no worries mate i fixed it by downloading your bfvg map mods the scimitar wit landy etc

so its all good thank you any ideah when the farp pack or bfvg 2 ? is it cos th elink dont work

is out cos i want that bedford truck badly

,,,many years of bone shakinig in the back of one of them as well as c hokin on its exhaust fumes lol

also where are the army or vehicle to which country lists held?

want to add paladin to th euk forces so i dont haved to use foreign kit for example so i can us the paladin as we have our own SPG in reality

Edited by JFCshloss