2.0.5 update 1 - Spitfire problems

spanner76

I have DCS 2.0.5 and just did the update 1.

When trying to use the Spitifire im having problems and cannot fly the plane.

Certain animations do not appear to work such as the following..

The cockpit canopy does not open or close the but sound effect will sound upon the open command.

The black lever on the control stick does not move compared to video's on Youtube showing it does.

I can extend the landing flaps but I cannot retract them.

The gear down light does not illuminate when pushing the throttle forward as shown in Youtube video's.

The fuel pressure warning light does not illuminate at all as with the gear down light.

Once I do manage to start the engine, it will only run for a few seconds (5 to 10) then stalls.

Sometimes DCS will crash when the engine goes to stall.

The sound level is very low compared other aircraft and I have to crank the volume right up in order to hear the engine or any other sound effects.

There may be other issues I have forgotten to mention.

Also I installed the Spitfire before the update 1 but was unable to test it originally due to work commitments so was only able to use it for the first time today.

Intel i7 7700K @ 4.2GHz | Thermaltake Water 3.0 RGB 360 | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | EVGA GTX1080Ti-FTW3 11GB| Corsair NX500 NVMe PCIe SSD 400GB | Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB | WinX PRO 64bit | Panasonic 50" HDTV 1080p | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Once I do manage to start the engine, it will only run for a few seconds (5 to 10) then stalls.

You just need to advance the throttle slightly once started and she won't stall out. Not sure if this is realistic or not but it works.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

doesn't help as it will still stall. I wonder if the module needs to be removed and reinstalled perhaps?

The only way to be able to fly this plane is to start a mission flying and not from the ramp or runway. Still cannot open or close the canopy. Certain cockpit animations do not work and I get very low FPS flying the Spitfire.

Clearly there is something wrong with this plane as I do not experience any of these issues flying other planes I have. This needs to be fixed.

Intel i7 7700K @ 4.2GHz | Thermaltake Water 3.0 RGB 360 | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | EVGA GTX1080Ti-FTW3 11GB| Corsair NX500 NVMe PCIe SSD 400GB | Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB | WinX PRO 64bit | Panasonic 50" HDTV 1080p | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Hello,

check the low fuel pressure light, if its on, then its running out of fuel. just turn on the electric fuel pump under the elevator trim wheel and make sure the mixture is on (up)

Edited by Andy1966

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

there have been some issues with the update, so you may want to try a repair , and MAKE sure there are no mods installed

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have DCS 2.0.5 and just did the update 1.

When trying to use the Spitifire im having problems and cannot fly the plane.

Certain animations do not appear to work such as the following..

The cockpit canopy does not open or close the but sound effect will sound upon the open command.

The black lever on the control stick does not move compared to video's on Youtube showing it does.

I can extend the landing flaps but I cannot retract them.

The gear down light does not illuminate when pushing the throttle forward as shown in Youtube video's.

The fuel pressure warning light does not illuminate at all as with the gear down light.

Sometimes DCS will crash when the engine goes to stall.

The sound level is very low compared other aircraft and I have to crank the volume right up in order to hear the engine or any other sound effects.

There may be other issues I have forgotten to mention.

Also I installed the Spitfire before the update 1 but was unable to test it originally due to work commitments so was only able to use it for the first time today.

I have exactly the same problems since today's update. Many animations don't work, when starting on runway I can put her in full throttle and she never starts rolling, and many, many more issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Must be system or VC libriaries-related, 'cause yesterday I did a full short flight from cold start to landing and had none of these issues, everything seemed to work as intended.

I know some Win10 users didn't reinstall the libraries as instructed in patch release notes, and their games fired up anyway, but maybe it's worth trying to reinstall them and see how things go.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team

If you are experiencing problems attach your logs, we may find some clues

guide in my signature

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Strange.....I've just tried the Spitfire in 2 alpha (post update) after reading this thread and I didn't have any of the listed issues.

All indications seemed normal. I flew from Creech, but I have flown from other airfields on the NTTR and had the engine idle issue prior to the update, but this time - at Creech - no issue, it idled fine. Flaps worked, U/C indications were fine. Canopy opened and closed ok from the cockpit view....I didn't check the canopy from the external view, I did check the control animation and the flaps in F2 view and they all worked.

Maybe something went wrong during your update? Hopefully BIGNEWY will get it sorted for you.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

If you are experiencing problems attach your logs, we may find some clues

guide in my signature

Thanks for looking into this, my logs are attached. Another question: I did install VC14 as instructed but is there a way to test if it installed properly? Because I heard for some windows users the game fires up even without installing this. So, the fact that my game fires up may not mean that VC14 is installed in the correct location.

Logs.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Follow up to my post above: I have now simply uninstalled VC14, and the game starts up without noticing it missing (having the reported issues though when trying to fly the spitfire, etc)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

good to see someone else is experiencing the same or similar issues as me and its not me going crazy!

So how to you do a repair or reinstall those libraries?

I checked and the latest VC libraries were already installed.. so any clues as to what else it could be? Is there anything I should be checking?

Having issues in 2.0 after the latest update myself.

Fuel valve seems to turn itself off (I've seen this before), gunsight doesn't work, incredibly low FPS on occasion (restarting DCS fixes it). That's just after 2 minutes of trying to play it.

I think something broke hard on this update. BTW, what is this VC14 you are talking about?

Edit: Found VC14, was installed all along.

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

OMG, the spitfire is completely broken in the latest 2.0 update.

Guns don't work either. In quick start, engine quits within 5 secs of jumping in, can't figure out why (everything seems to be on). Frame rate issue persists, if only occasionally. I literally can't do anything in the module right now.

Rolled back version, all is well with the world now.

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

yep rolling back to previous version fixed it! Spitfire is now fully functional and perfectly flyable!

so definitely they broke it with the update.. shame shame Eagle! hehe!

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping to see some fixes for the Spit in 2.0.5 in today's update, but nothing mentioned about it in the release notes. Maybe there are some and just not mentioned, will find out I guess when the update becomes available today...

I miss flying this beauty in 2.0.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

With Spit being only one of almost all planes suffering from various game-breaking issues for half of users of version 2.0.5.2576, I don't expect a separate fix list, neither for this plane, nor for the others.

The problem is rooted deep in the core of the game so I'd say either the patch will fix most of aircraft at once or not.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Spitfire park brake

Hi all, i to have many issues with the Spit and so do two other 450 Sqdn pilots, we are all running Win 10 Pro, i have totally removed all control files from save games. I even renames openalpha to openalpha.old and restarted the game which gives you a whole new openalpha and that still didn't fix the control issue :(