Less is more

Wolf8312

I was just playing Vegas and wondering why everything looked so terrible in comparison to how it used to be (not talking blurry ss) then realized it was because my settings were higher than normal.

I had visibility cranked up high and HD on, but turning these settings off made things much better. Makes sense really because if you're getting some shimmer on medium visibility your gonna see a whole lot more shimmer on high or extreme...

Was wondering though if this pretty much means being able to crank up in game graphics settings, far from making things look better will actually make them look worse?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Did you have lens flare effect on or that blur effect in the distance on?

No HD on though and high visibility. Changed it it looks much better

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

with HD, do you mean HDR?

Quite right sorry, not sure which actually made it look better downgrading from high visibility, turning of HDR or both, but I think its the former, HDR just dosent really make much of a diffrence that I can see. Go on vegas in a densly poplulated area and compare high or extreme to medium or low visibility. I was getting alot of shimmer.

------------

Having just got my Rift yesterday I am doing a lot of reading!

I agree with you.

I like most have tested different graphic options to find that optimal VR setting between performance and picture quality. What I have found is that the VR picture quality stops appreciating the graphic settings a lot sooner than compared to my screens.

It's about the 3D immersion...pretty will come later.

Is there a way to change the brightness and color as you would screens using your graphics control panel or the screen?

Aurora R6, i7 7700k @ 4,4 Ghz, 16gig mem, GTX-1080, SSD

Edited by fitness88

Textures on high

Yes I have that and the cockpit, 1024 every frame is this too high?

I must have pressed something in the blind...no more 6dof?

I tried LCTRL-F1 & LWIN-F1, no joy.

FIXED: needed reboot

Edited by fitness88

I must have pressed something in the blind...no more 6dof?

I tried LCTRL-F1 & LWIN-F1, no joy.

FIXED: needed reboot

leave em on 512. doesnt make much of a difference. the real deal is vr quality though. play a busy map with lots of buildings and objects around, then go lower from 2.5 to find the best performance/quality setting for your rig. i'm told that clouds also kill the fps when vr quality is set above 2.0. so fly in full storms or clean weather.

the cockpit resolution settings affect the instruments scopes such as Radar Scope or MFCD or RWR. So if you fly the F15 or Su27 or A10 and you want those scopes readable its best to keep it on 1024 . i tried both 512 and 1024 and 512 is unreadable for me .

you dont need it to be set on every frame such as "1024 every frame" if you set it on that it means that the game will render them even if you are not looking at them , you only need the game to render them when you are looking at them

the cockpit resolution settings affect the instruments scopes such as Radar Scope or MFCD or RWR. So if you fly the F15 or Su27 or A10 and you want those scopes readable its best to keep it on 1024 . i tried both 512 and 1024 and 512 is unreadable for me .

you dont need it to be set on every frame such as "1024 every frame" if you set it on that it means that the game will render them even if you are not looking at them , you only need the game to render them when you are looking at them

Thanks simo1000rr...btw, did you read the post about raising vibrance level from Nvidia control panel. Makes a world of difference!

Where can I find the vibrance/nvidia settings you mentioned??

Thanks!

I plugged a monitor into the hdmi port where the rift goes and then went into Nvidia settings. My hdmi port color setting was setup for program control so I changed to "Use Nvidia Setting". I then adjusted color vibrance [80] the hue I left alone and then replugged in Oculus and woww what a difference. Also I changed dynamic color which is best on full in the resollution tab. There may be more settings that can be tweaked but the word out there is 'no'.