Captoglove

BIGNEWY

Agreed Newy, price is a tad high. Pus add to the fact that there's no tactile feedback once you click a switch so it's literally waving your finger in the air until you see the switch flick rather feel a click. It does have potential but not for me just yet.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about leapmotion? Cheaper, no sweat hands... or do i miss something here?

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

What about leapmotion? Cheaper, no sweat hands... or do i miss something here?

Looks bad. Lots of lag, very inaccurate, you can see how hard and slow is to use, much worse than a mouse.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

kickstarter seems to be doing well 46% to go

Well I put in my pledge for a pair! I figured that I will end up buying one once they come out and so I thought I'd help them along and benefit from the 36% discount.

And they only need $8000 to fulfil their target now.

Come on guys! I bet you all want one!:joystick:

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

Fully funded. I ordered a pair as well. Worst case, I end up with another interesting item for the PC controller museum. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks, Captoglove only has 4 days left on its Kickstarter, which is already fully funded. For folks who still pledge, there's still a pretty significant (32%) discount $170 versus retail of $249.

We're also in talks to get Captoglove to come chat with us on the 476th podcast.

Check them out if you haven't already!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Good to see it has been funded, wish I had the spare cash for it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Glad they got funded but I don't see this being the solution for DCS. I won't be purchasing. I'd much prefer to wait and see what Oculus announce in the coming months. They are working on it and hand tracking is much more likely to be integrated into 3rd party software like DCS when released by Oculus than when produced by a small third party team. I already have that leap motion thing gathering dust.

Edited by Frusheen

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

• 2 months later...

Wanted to post a quick post to say I had the opportunity to try the Captoglove at E3. Very nice product, excited to see the gloves hitting the market soon. The ability to ditch the need for a keyboard and mouse while in VR is going to be sweet.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Wanted to post a quick post to say I had the opportunity to try the Captoglove at E3. Very nice product, excited to see the gloves hitting the market soon. The ability to ditch the need for a keyboard and mouse while in VR is going to be sweet.

You tried it in dcs?

You tried it in dcs?

Yes, they had the Huey in their booth. I own the Huey, but have never flew it until flying it with the glove at E3.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Good to hear since I have a pair on order.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

But.. can we use the HOTAS units with the gloves on?

Yes, although that wasn't part of the demo at E3. You will be able to keep the HOTAS and use the gloves to flip switches in the cockpit.

Here's a video of me flying it at E3, the glove being the HOTAS in this scenario.

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could you provide some more details such as how it was turning knobs, flicking switches, accuracy etc. Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Could you provide some more details such as how it was turning knobs, flicking switches, accuracy etc. Thanks

That wasn't part of the demo, however CaptoGlove is working with ED to integrate it into DCS.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That wasn't part of the demo, however CaptoGlove is working with ED to integrate it into DCS.

Not surprised as DCS has a gloves teaser for VR already.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not surprised as DCS has a gloves teaser for VR already.

dburne, do you mean the disembodied hand in the cockpit? Or do you mean something else?

OH, and I got my Touch thanks to you! So it's tit-for-tat (vis a vis JetSeat thread) :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

dburne, do you mean the disembodied hand in the cockpit? Or do you mean something else?

OH, and I got my Touch thanks to you! So it's tit-for-tat (vis a vis JetSeat thread) :D

:thumbup:

Going to have to hold out a bit on Jet Seat. I have kind of spent out on hardware of late, plus my wife's office she works from is right here beside me and concerned the noise might bother her. Good excuse to hold out anyway lol.

Yeah the gloves you see just hanging there if Touch controllers are active when you get in cockpit.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 4 months later...
Well I put in my pledge for a pair! I figured that I will end up buying one once they come out and so I thought I'd help them along and benefit from the 36% discount.

And they only need $8000 to fulfil their target now.

Come on guys! I bet you all want one!:joystick:

Did u already get your gloves? Can u provide any info about them. Especially using it with peripherals, please?

• 6 months later...

any updates on this product and integration?

are the gloves themselves another set of peripherals or are they being recognised as occulus touch or vive hand controllers? (vive controllers not supported yet at all in dcs afaik?)

if they are peripherals that are being used to control what is otherwise a mouse axis movement, are they therefore only '2 dimensional' in their movement of the cursor inside the game?

its hard to tell from the above video, in fact it almost looks like the cursor movement is still directly linked to the HMD not the hands imo

All this is huge bulls... 400$ for 10$ worth gyro sensors which just tracking rotational movement and few sensors to track finger move many in glove?

With proper implementation, Leapmotion could offer all of this plus positional tracking as well and all of this for 7 times less price.

Captoglove is not worth that money. That's it and selling result will prove this once it comes on the market.