Captoglove

BIGNEWY

Shagrat found this :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=188198&stc=1&d=1529690182

In the CaptoGlove forum I read that they are working on replacing the Oculus controllers by the gloves.

Also with regards to DCS they said that

Eagle Dynamics is working on it, we have now a version that is under testing, as soon as a major debug cycle is completed it will be announced publicly. The goal is to have an environment that looks and feels as real as possible and we will use the ultimate state-of-the-art technology to achieve it.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’ll look weird when you have the pilot body in view! Unless the hands were fixed to the pilots arms like in Echo Arena. That’d be totally awesome.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Well, talking about it biggrin.gif

As I constantly talking about, there is no positional tracking of the hands just rotational. It is useless and 500$, for what?

Leapmotion with all its fault is way better and I'm not talking here about price. BTW LM is 1/10 of the CG price. Camon people what you are talking about. Forget about it this is only usable with Vive if you invest additional 200$ and this is than 700$ almost as Pimax8K with hand tracking.

I'm warning you last time and I'm here in this theme over and out. Waist your hard earned money, you will not get what you expect with it and will be disappointed.

As I constantly talking about, there is no positional tracking of the hands just rotational. It is useless and 500$, for what?

There is translational tracking as well.

[ATTACH]188362[/ATTACH]

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

It looks amazing

I’m sure they will integrate rotation, translation and all the needed cockpit switches interaction needed.

Knowing how Ed works I have no doubt in the end it will work as intended

Just one question, will the hands be connected to the pilot’s body?

In every game I see where the hands are tracked I can only see hands and not the rest of the body (arms)

Does anybody know why?

Is there any technical problem in doing that?

And as I've already explained to you worm. Lm doesn't work in dcs at all.

Capto isn't perfect yet. But they've explained this is beta round 1 basically

Current issues I have with it (and I haven't and won't buy until I get feedback confirmation otherwise ) is the accuracy of clicks and the absence of latency

LM has no integration with dcs. Does not work natively as a vive controller and even when you make workarounds for these problems (the current workaround crashes vr for me and hasn't been updated in over a year )

The accuracy is poor

Leapmotion with all its fault is way better and I'm not talking here about price. BTW LM is 1/10 of the CG price. Camon people what you are talking about. Forget about it this is only usable with Vive if you invest additional 200$ and this is than 700$ almost as Pimax8K with hand tracking.

I'm warning you last time and I'm here in this theme over and out. Waist your hard earned money, you will not get what you expect with it and will be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Edited by jimiC

I have the leap motion and never thought the best of it and that was in xp11 where it did have support either through top or flyinside. I only able to get it to work about a third of the time and then only work in the sim about a third of that. That said I would love t see native support for as many options as possible that way using two together might guarantee a working solution.

I HAVE CAPTOGLOVES ON THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN SHIPPED I plan on doing a review on them from unboxing to use in dcs and xp11. This review will be on my newblog address below. I’m moving this review up ahead of others and as part of the intital release of the blog.

I will update the blog monthly with a new posting that is apart of my simmimg experience. The list will go in the order of purchase for hardware and sim apps exceptor he xp11 since I had it first before the laptop but it was the Mac version I didn’t install it on the laptop until the rift was acquired and working on the laptop which was also purchased before the laptop it wasn’t until I received it I relive my current hardware wasn’t capable of running the oculus software. So the initial post on July 1st is he main pc laptop the Acer Predator 17X. Next will be released will be the CaptoGloves because of its currency. If they arrive tomorrow I should the post should go out in a week. I plan on photos and a full review of the gloves and my opinion of the device. Then first of every month a new review of my pit will go out until is out there then I will start reviewing the dcs world and mods. I have all but one I efuse to buy at this stage of its development. Maybe so hardware mods of the stuff I have to make everything play nice with each other a new p may take up one or more post as it gets built then there things like modding and mission creation using the me, moose, ctld, mist etc each could be a posting down the road.

But if you want an unbiased review one. The CaptoGloves look for my review next month.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

BlacleyCole, I'll be watching for your review - did you purchase one glove or two?

I too like others don't want to give up my hotas, but would absolutely use these things if they work well at manipulating switches, buttons, dials, etc in DCS. I hope you're able to test this out, and if it does work pretty well - I realize they are still developing their tech - I'll be buying a couple pair at least myself.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

I HAVE CAPTOGLOVES ON THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN SHIPPED I plan on doing a review on them from unboxing to use in dcs and xp11.

BlacleyCole, make sure to register in the CaptoGlove forum and ask for a new version of the Gsuite and firmware! The ones from the official download page are ancient. There are much better version available.

@wormeaten - I disagree about Leap Motion. I'm not saying Captoglove looks or would work any better - I won't get it myself - but I've used Lm for years, or rather I've had it for years, having bought it specifically for use with FlyInside and not used it since the last LM integration update test I did (was on YT at the time, but I closed the channel).

The problem with LM - and may well be an issue with Captoglove, too - is having the space around you to reach and operate the switches and controls in the virtual cockpit.

I was forever bashing my hands on various hardware in my simpit. There were certain switches I was just unable to get to at all with my virtual hand because they were just the other side of my real throttle quadrant.

Right now I still prefer the headlook cursor control, though I would like it refined more. I feel that for something like LM or Captoglove you need the sort of space around you that you need for VTOL VR (which has an entire virtual cockpit around you, including HOTAS) - and that just isn't feasable for DCS World atm imo. Not unless you want to use it just like VTOL VR and use all virtual controls - which I wouldn't want in any case. I have tried it and don't like it. There has to be a minimum of physical feedback for a sim.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Without X, Y and Z axis or positional tracking this is half product and come on 500$ for a pair? For what?

LM could be here addition with the task of just positional (X, Y, and Z) tracking of your hands and rest will do CG. This way will be acceptable, This will work for all VR, not just Vive and you will save 150$.

For making this product worth in CG should think about to add something like LM to tracking position of your hand in 3D space. Only with positional tracking all this what offer CG has some sense otherwise ...

This kinda dampens my enthusiasm,I thought they tracked in 3d space.

You did combine them with leap for positional tracking, but you are adding more cost.

I'm waiting fur vive controllers support so I can see for myself if its practical to use leap to mimic them with your hands

Leap support doesnt need to be 1:1 position in 3d space. Just being able to use the laser pointer and gestures for right/left click would be a gain to me.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Without X, Y and Z axis or positional tracking this is half product and come on 500$ for a pair? For what?

LM could be here addition with the task of just positional (X, Y, and Z) tracking of your hands and rest will do CG. This way will be acceptable, This will work for all VR, not just Vive and you will save 150$.

For making this product worth in CG should think about to add something like LM to tracking position of your hand in 3D space. Only with positional tracking all this what offer CG has some sense otherwise ...

I think by now we all understand by now you want LM. I think you've stated it ~10 times in this thread alone, then on youtube comments (yes i saw it)... Do we really need you to reiterate it 20 more times? Not really. We get it, you dont like this product, you want LM, great... we don't need you to restate any of the above anymore... we understand you dont like it, don't see a future in it, great. Thanks for you opinion, now.. back to Captoglove....

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

I think by now we all understand by now you want LM. I think you've stated it ~10 times in this thread alone, then on youtube comments (yes i saw it)... Do we really need you to reiterate it 20 more times? Not really. We get it, you dont like this product, you want LM, great... we don't need you to restate any of the above anymore... we understand you dont like it, don't see a future in it, great. Thanks for you opinion, now.. back to Captoglove....

Jabbers, thank you.

But if you want an unbiased review one. The CaptoGloves look for my review next month.
Blacley Cole, I'm completely eager to read your review!

If I had spotted the KS campaign in time I had probably backed it for one or two gloves. But now I might as well wait another one or two weeks.

I'm realy curious how easy and practical it will be to touch buttons and flip switches and maybe even open the canopy, either by the crank (P-51) or by sliding it back (Spitfire).

Since we all want to keep to the HOTAS (certainly because of the feedback and maybe because of the precision, too) it will be difficult to reach for some buttons or switches that are virtually "behind" them. Maybe recentering (or rather "off-centering") the view temporarily will help with this?

I hope with you that you'll get the Captoglove(s) rather sooner than later this week!!:thumbup:

From my conversation with CaptoGloves before buying them you may use you hotas if you want with the gloves. I have them unboxed and charged but rl got in the way and I haven’t been able to test them in dcs yet but I will before Sunday when my blog goes live and I post about them there

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Blacley Cole, I'm completely eager to read your review!

If I had spotted the KS campaign in time I had probably backed it for one or two gloves. But now I might as well wait another one or two weeks.

I'm realy curious how easy and practical it will be to touch buttons and flip switches and maybe even open the canopy, either by the crank (P-51) or by sliding it back (Spitfire).

Since we all want to keep to the HOTAS (certainly because of the feedback and maybe because of the precision, too) it will be difficult to reach for some buttons or switches that are virtually "behind" them. Maybe recentering (or rather "off-centering") the view temporarily will help with this?

I hope with you that you'll get the Captoglove(s) rather sooner than later this week!!

None of these things are likely to happen in his first review because they haven't been implemented yet in the internal software from what I understand.

They're coming soon though

I recommend people go through the comments on their latest YouTube

Captoglove made a comment on their latest YouTube that the clickable element will still be as per the laser pointer method in the first version

Also the full motion tracking will require an additional captosensor ... this may inflate the price further to a level that is really unacceptable

I will be interested to see a user review if and when that becomes available though but based on their responses i don't expect full tracking and clicking for months at least and possibly the price will become prohibitive

A more elegant, cheaper , and more accurate positional tracking solution may be through the vive pucks but I wouldn't hold my breath on that as integration into dcs for vive controllers is somewhat lacking to date

Edited by jimiC

Also the full motion tracking will require an additional captosensor ...

Okay, this is interesting. Not what I wanted to hear, but interesting.

I put it to them in the YouTube comments that with additional captosensors to enable tracking the price becomes silly

They've indicated an intention to have a special deal for dcs users... still sounds pricey though . Imho breaking the 500$ barrier is a big deal and they're already at that just for the 2 gloves

They also mentioned a bracelet in dev that uses vive lighthouses

None of these things are likely to happen in his first review because they haven't been implemented yet in the internal software from what I understand.

They're coming soon though

I actually had expected a functional glove solution not before end of this year and was quite surprised to hear that captoglove is already selling their gloves.

The answer :doh:is they're coming on the market not with the usual beta version, but rather something "pre beta". So back to field one: patience...

The Good News is that we have now at least two companies in the flight sim market (ED and Aerofly) that are eager to see the necessary hardware ─ and several players developing the latter.