Do the F16 and A10C stick return to center on its own?

Cacique

I recently bought a VKB gunfighter that comes with dry clutches to adjust friction. I haven't received it yet but in the meantime I am wondering if the A10C and the F16 sticks return to center or stay where they are moved to. Does anybody have insight on the behavior of the sticks in these aircraft?

I recently bought a VKB gunfighter that comes with dry clutches to adjust friction. I haven't received it yet but in the meantime I am wondering if the A10C and the F16 sticks return to center or stay where they are moved to. Does anybody have insight on the behavior of the sticks in these aircraft?

F16 has a non-movable stick so No

I'm not sure about the hog though

F16 has a non-movable stick so No

I'm not sure about the hog though

Only the early versions and the prototypes didn't move. Pilots found it incredibly uncomfortable, and it tended to result in overcorrection. The stick was given a bit of play in all directions to help the pilot get a feel for maneuvers commanded.

Talking about the F-16 side stick controller, in a way it returns to center, mostly due to the small movement and that artificial feel is provided by springs

The side stick controllers (Figure 1-2) consist of a stick

grip and force sensing transducer. The controller is mounted

on and extends above the right console in the forward and aft

cockpits. Pitch and roll commands are generated by applying

force on the stick grip. Lateral movement provides roll and

longitudinal movement provides pitch. Forces on the stick

grip displace cores within the transducers located in the controller.

These signals are routed to the DFLCC for processing.

Artificial feel is provided by beams and coil springs within

the transducer assembly.

You can see the stick movement at different times on this videos

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3066269&postcount=742

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2956946&postcount=663

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2955673&postcount=656

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The A-10C stick like most (the F-16 with its force sensing stick being one of the notable exceptions) presumably returns to the trimmed position. So, you can use those clutches to simulate a trimmed stick position and then you don't need to adjust trim manually (e.g. via a hat control).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!