F-15c Rafael Python

Kaliphtan

Hello,

http://www.rafael.co.il/5623-688-en/Marketing.aspx

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/python-5-air-to-air-missile-aam-rafael-israel/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_(missile)

000-P-4-3.jpg

It would be cool if ED would add this, it would give more strengh for the f-15c which by the way was designed for air superiority so new gen missile would be nice,

actually all missiles/bombs for every plane would be excellent, it will gave us the choice, get more strategy ... a good sim even if i know it would take time.

thank you for the game :thumbup:

Edited by Kaliphtan
  • Like 1

I really don't think adding every missile and bomb to every plane would improve the sim at all. Quite the opposite! After that we would just fly the highest performing aircraft and nothing else because you could just load anything on it.

If it were possible we would like to have every weapon that was really used ona a particular aircraft if that was what you meant... but as Sith said, not every weapon's info can be aquired.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

1-ED is very reticent to update the FC3 planes, so it's highly unlikely that we will see these in the next years.

2-If you are always dying, why do you want better missiles that your enemies can have? Train / read a bit more and you'll be fine, what ever the armament.

Have you ever seen a Python on a non-export F-15C version?

Oh no, sorry, Israel did not export it to the USA for using it on the C

maybe you should do some research

Just because it's compatible with the rails, it doesn't mean it's compatible with the avionics

Do you have the source to proof that it's compatible with all F-15 variants?

Because I have one, Rafael didn't export it to the USA nor did USA order them afaik, and Israel does not have the F-15Cs so it probably didn't got tested, so we don't know

Edited by razo+r

razo+r The second image was kind of useless so i will remove it, secondly, the missiles carriers doesn't change in all f-15 variants or maybe some but this is compatible in all f-15 variants, [snip], Without proof of the contrary, this is 100% compatible with the c variant.

That's...not how things work. Burdon of proof and all that.

You're making the assertion the missiles are compatible with the racks and electronics on a different model of the airplane, can you share documentation proving it?

There you got one :

http://www.checksix-fr.com/downloads/lockon/docs/Fiche-technique_F-15C.pdf

It show that the F-15C ISRAEL VERSION support the 3-4 python version, but it's the C variant so ED just have to add this on isreal country (like mirage in alot of countries)

EDIT : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_F-15_Eagle in Operator, another one for f15c)

Edited by Kaliphtan

It's a exported C-version and like a lot of the US -planes that israel has, it is probably a special C version, and export-versions normally don't have all of the capabilities like the original one.

The Israelian F-15C (israel) is probably labeled with F-15I

I don't see how this is a relevant source. A user-made document on a forum, and all the references are either from other forums or outdated GAMEs (Lomac...) [game used as not a simulator] and the paper references are from TOM Clancy and a real book that seems like a general military aviation encyclopedia.

According to wiki

F-15I Ra’am

Diese Variante wurde für die israelische Luftwaffe gebaut und basiert auf der der F-15E Strike Eagle. Sie besitzt alle Fähigkeiten des amerikanischen Modells, jedoch wurden alle Systeme zur Elektronischen Kampfführung durch den speziell entwickelten israelischen SPS-2100-Komplex ersetzt. Auch Teile der Flugzelle stammen aus israelischer Produktion. Die Waffenkontrollcomputer wurden modifiziert, um einheimische Waffen wie die Python-3 und -4 einsetzen zu können. Der Erstflug fand am 12. September 1997 statt und bis 1999 wurden alle 25 Maschinen ausgeliefert. Jede Maschine kostete mit Ersatzteilen, Zubehör und Serviceleistungen etwa 95 Mio. US-Dollar.

Die F-15I ist Israels leistungsfähigste Maschine für Luft-Boden-Operationen, weshalb sie besonders im Bereich der Avionik fortlaufend modernisiert wird.

It's in german but it is clearly described here:

F-15I Ra'am

This version was built for the IAF and is based on the F-15E (they also got one based on the C iirc). She has all capabilities as the american model, just that all systems for electronic warfare were replaced by the israelian SPS-2100. Also parts of the airplane are from israelian production. the weaponscomputer got modified for being capable of using local weapons like the Python 3 and 4. ...

There's a clear difference between the F-15C and the F-15I...

Edited by razo+r

True razo+r : http://israeli-weapons.com/weapons/aircraft/f-15/F-15.htm

In 1995 Heyl Ha'avir embarked upon the 'Baz-2000' program for improving the F-15s and readying them for the battlefields of the 21st century. The program will involve thorough changes in the avionics systems (expected cost - $90 million) and is to be completed in the first years of the new decade. The improvements include upgrading the cockpit controls that display data received from the radar and additional sensors that the plane is fitted with. The old weapons computer will be replaced by a newer model, of the kind that will be installed in the F-15I's. At the end of the improvement process, the F-15s will be fitted with avionics on a level similar to that of the F-16's.

So yeah, since the f-15i is not big difference from f-15c maybe one year they will make it.

Israel's F-15Cs are known as F-15C, Israel's F-15Es are known as F-15I.

And there's no reasons why you can't have Pythons on non-Israeli F-15Cs, IMHO. Just some software changes (which can probably be done through the DTC, I guess?) and maybe some adapters or something.

Most Western weapons are compatible with Western platforms. And non Western platforms...PL-8s on Flankers.................:smilewink:

Edit: TBH, I think Python 3s aren't too much to ask for. 5, and possibly 4, are probably too much.

Edited by Sweep

Lord of Salt

Just a few software changes, but then it's not a C anymore... Minor updates on software don't change the letter, but maybe something like the block number will change... Then it wouldn't be our F-15C anymore but an other F-15 israelian edition or another block version that we don't have...

Just a few software changes, but then it's not a C anymore... Minor updates on software don't change the letter, but maybe something like the block number will change... Then it wouldn't be our F-15C anymore but an other F-15 israelian edition or another block version that we don't have...

It's absolutely still an F-15C. Far as I know, all that needs to be done is upload the new information (DLZ and special symbology) to the CC and that's that. No variant letter changes, no block number changes (Eagle block numbers aren't like F-16 block numbers...), it really is just 'some software'.

And no, it doesn't mean it's the Israeli version. We have a Fake Eagle, honestly. It's an APG-63 from 1978 with TWS, NCTR, and Slammer guidance...So why not throw some Pythons in there? Heck, put 'em on Flankers, too (PL-8).

Lord of Salt

• 7 years later...
On 3/7/2017 at 3:18 PM, NineLine said:

Would be nice, but getting good enough info for these might be tough.

Since Python 3 is currently in game as PL-8, could it be added to the F-15C?