Su-27 - breaking vertcal stabilisers

Falcon_S

What can you say about this? How is realistic and typical for fighters?

What force is required for this type of disaster?

I know that old bombers had this problem and airliners but...

• Like 1

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Maybe stomping on the rudders at higher speeds is what should be avoided then? I've noticed that too, and I adjusted my behavior and no longer deflect rudders fully at those speeds - doesn't break anymore.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I can only say this:

If ever there was something wrong in aviation then that is simulated / applied in DCS only at DCS Su-27.

Edited by Falcon_S

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

In the Year 2001 a Airbus A300 try to evade after the Book wake turbulences with heavy Rudder deflections, the Rudder complete broke up from the Tail and the Airbus crashed in Queens NY.

It looks not impressive strong in the Video but dont know how weak or strong a Su-27 can accept heavy oscillation on the Ruder before it breaks up.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

It looks not impressive strong in the Video but dont know how weak or strong a Su-27 can accept heavy oscillation on the Ruder before it breaks up.

This happened to me the first time yesterday. I chased some blue with gun and my speed was about 700-750km/h... Small change of direction with no intention of using Ruder (but it seems that I touched him a little) disaster occurred.

After that, I wanted to test as can be seen on video. I know that there may be some limits but do not you think that Su-27 is a "delicate flower" in DCS with all these breaks?

According to the Su-27SK manual at speeds over 600 km/h you are not allowed to push the rudders more than double the ball diameter because vertical stabilizators resistance. Also rudder movement is limited to 1/3 of his total displacement with a forcé of 17 kg.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

According to the Su-27SK manual at speeds over 600 km/h you are not allowed to push the rudders more than double the ball diameter because vertical stabilizators resistance. Also rudder movement is limited to 1/3 of his total displacement with a forcé of 17 kg.

I guess this settles it then! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I can only say this:

If ever there was something wrong in aviation then that is simulated / applied in DCS only at DCS Su-27.

So we are facing a great job by the ED.

It seems that all the weaknesses of the Su-27 are simulated perfectly.

In summary ..

In BVR combat can not use missiles with active radar guidance, because the currently simulated version of the Su-27, in reality not so equipped.

To develop a later version, where it is possible to equip the aircraft of this type of weapon, it can not, because everything is shrouded in military secrecy.

In Dogfight, resistance to stress on the part of the wing surfaces in conditions of high g, is simulated perfectly..

If you try to make the cobra maneuver, 9 times out of 10, it goes against the total loss of control of the aircraft.

If it were so in real life, the Russians would not even an aircraft in their hangars.

It's a difficult maneuver to do I can understand it, but it's so highly risky I can not believe it.

Everything is being done to disadvantage the pilots of the Russian aircraft against the pilots of F-15C.

Obviously, the F-15C are free of such problems, the F-15C are indestructible, a masterpiece of aeronautical engineering..

I still can not believe, that there are in the team, Russian programmers in this flight simulator.

Great job Eagle Dynamics, well done.

Edited by Pelmo
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K, @5GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlati, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING OC 11GB, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME , 850w EVGA NT 80+ Gold, Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Tyon Mouse.

You mean on this?

attachment.php?attachmentid=158611&stc=1&d=1488995864

If i understand well that mean - to limit ruder throw to 1/3, after gear up for direction control system will be turned on limiter with 17kgs force.

sk3.png.805b00c6c83001bc86f818367901c3ae.png

sk2.png.9aba1a84ebe710a2ac4d058426128ba3.png

Edited by Falcon_S

Barring some very exceptional circumstances you can't break the F-15 in real life.

The Cobra is 99% PR. In a dogfight you want as much energy as possible and dumping all of it at once isn't a good idea in theory, it's even worse in practice.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

If you try to make the cobra maneuver, 9 times out of 10, it goes against the total loss of control of the aircraft.

If it were so in real life, the Russians would not even an aircraft in their hangars.

It's a difficult maneuver to do I can understand it, but it's so highly risky I can not believe it.

Considering how many of them have killed real-world pilots, I think your confidence in the stability of the aircraft is a bit misplaced.

Yes Falcon.

In the rudder there is a mechanic limiter with a force of 17 Kg limiting the movement to 1/3 of the total displacement.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

So we are facing a great job by the ED.

It seems that all the weaknesses of the Su-27 are simulated perfectly.

In summary ..

In BVR combat can not use missiles with active radar guidance, because the currently simulated version of the Su-27, in reality not so equipped.

To develop a later version, where it is possible to equip the aircraft of this type of weapon, it can not, because everything is shrouded in military secrecy.

In Dogfight, resistance to stress on the part of the wing surfaces in conditions of high g, is simulated perfectly..

Everything is being done to disadvantage the pilots of the Russian aircraft against the pilots of F-15C.

Obviously, the F-15C are free of such problems, the F-15C are indestructible, a masterpiece of aeronautical engineering..

I still can not believe, that there are in the team, Russian programmers in this flight simulator.

Great job Eagle Dynamics, well done.

A sim player on a PC failing to do a cobra hardly correlates with real life and real fighter pilots, not to mention the ability to feel the forces on the aircraft (and the feel of the control column when displaced)...

Russian military does not choose aircraft based on simulators made for the general public.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

... In the rudder there is a mechanic limiter with a force of 17 Kg limiting the movement to 1/3 of the total displacement...

Perhaps then, this "1/3 limiter" should be modeled by ED somehow in our fragile Flanker?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Perhaps then, this "1/3 limiter" should be modeled by ED somehow in our fragile Flanker?

Urgent. :joystick:

Or be more gently when you push the rudder. Or use a curve for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Or be more gently when you push the rudder. Or use a curve for it.

I don`t read that in SK manual. :music_whistling: ;)

• Like 1

What can you say about this? How is realistic and typical for fighters?

What force is required for this type of disaster?

I know that old bombers had this problem and airliners but...

Not entirely accurate because the DCS Su-27 doesn't model the rudder limiter the real one has.

That being said, why are you using the rudders? The aircraft performs 95% co-ordinated turns for you. The only situations requiring use of the rudder are cross-wind landings and the occasional aerobatic display, none of which are conducted at 740 Km/h with a maximum missile load.

• Like 1

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.