Su-27 - breaking vertcal stabilisers

Falcon_S

Not entirely accurate because the DCS Su-27 doesn't model the rudder limiter the real one has.

That being said, why are you using the rudders?...

Believe me i don`t use it intentionally. It's enough a bit unintentionally twist my X52 to happen.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Believe me i don`t use it intentionally. It's enough a bit unintentionally twist my X52 to happen.

Ah, fair enough. That would be very annoying if it happens accidentally.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Even with the twist locked locked it'll break?

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Maybe try a little curve in your rudder settings.

I never expierienced breaking of the rudders though.

neither loosing control making a Cobra.

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Even with the twist locked locked it'll break?

Maybe try a little curve in your rudder settings.

I set curvature (25). I still think that this is not a solution because I (we) need limit joystick that would compensate for the imperfection in the simulator. :dunno:

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

You mean you "twist just little bit" with a TWIST stick? NOT a rudder pedal?

So your "bit unintentional twist" equals a 1/3 pedal input on a rudder?

Am I the only one sensing a coincidence here?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• ED Team
What can you say about this? How is realistic and typical for fighters?

What force is required for this type of disaster?

I know that old bombers had this problem and airliners but...

I guess, you would be in court martial in RL for the actions you performed. You INTENTIONALLY pulled the plane in extremal sideslip at high speed swinging it resonantly... The plane did not want to let you break the fins for the first time, but you were full of vim to complete the deal.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

@shagrat

Yes, with a twist stick. I don`t have pedals.

@Yo-Yo

This video only show breaking stabilisers. I know this is extreme on video but i just wanted to show. My problem (i think i`m not alone with this problem) is that i broke stabilisers in some flight sudenly with no intention. It's not supposed to be happening. If we have this simulated (breaking stabilisers) we just need to have that limiter modeled. (As is described in SK manual)

EDIT:

Let's look at this way...

Let's look at some of 1000 YT DCS (f15 or M2000...) videos and we will see that people do crazy things with his joysticks without consequences. So, how we (su27 pilots) can fight against them at high speds If we can not do "this" or "that" although it is unintentionally? I'm not asking mercy or balancing - just that If something works let it to work properly. Ok, we have Su27 AFM wich is great and i like realism as deformation or breakage but only if I crossed the limits. But that I don`t exceed the limits there are limiters (as is in RL).

Edited by Falcon_S

Ok, we have Su27 AFM wich is great and i like realism as deformation or breakage but only if I crossed the limits. But that I don`t exceed the limits here are limiters in RL.

Totally agree here, this behaviour should not happen if there is limiters in the real aircraft.

#FlankerLivesMatter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

#FlightManualLimitationsMatter

I had the funniest time with this tail breaking stuff...Was a two ship of Flankers, wingman...In trail of my lead - He's like "oh sh** I departed (...)" I look at him and see him in a spin WAAAAAY below recovery altitude, so he ejects.

20 seconds later I'm like "What happened?" - "I broke my fins" --- "Okay, let me try that" - Aaaand then I broke my fins and spun into the ground.

:joystick: :megalol:

Lord of Salt

;3073883']...

#FlankerLivesMatter

:) Really like that!

All I can say on the topic is that I feel like I'm missing out. I must not be flying aggressively enough. Edit: Just want to add that my comment isn't meant as a "slam" against anyone. That there still seem to be so many issues surprised me, since it's been ages since anything broke unexpectedly on me.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Same for me. Never happened ever.

Falcon, i think there is an option for the X-52 to cancel the twist axis, al least in the X-55 you can cancel the twist axis so if you move it by mistake there is no effect on the simulator.

Check your axis tab in the X-52 software.

And you can use keys for rudder on ground. Or ask for an Indiegogo crowfunding for new pedals XDDDDD

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Happened to me, as well, but then again, the goal is to fly the Flanker within operational parameters. The same is going for the the "S" key; when you try and do a Cobra Maneuver outside of the parameters it calls for - you lose your wings. If you stomp on the rudders outside of parameters, you can snap off your vert stabilizers. Lessons learned. :)

Yo-Yo sums it up nicely here.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Guys, never happened to me too >> until two evenings ago. First time and unexpected.

There is always a first time and what then? - Because of that all of you will lock twist stick, will stop using pedales? :joystick:

BTW my x52 is in perfect condition, pls see attachment.

Or ask for an Indiegogo crowfunding for new pedals

No, I'll put two bricks (few kg) on my hand to simulate force. :D

1227086199_x52cpanel.thumb.png.89d37744a7b46a64136dfb59935dce6a.png

Edited by Falcon_S

use proof that the flanker has limiters, fine, but leave comparisons against f-15, m2k, or any other plane out of this, they are not flankers and are completely irrelevant to flanker fm

curves on your rudder may not be "realistic" but neither is your twiststick control setup, i thought you were joking at first but you seem serious about your double standards :headscratch:

Absolutely. The Mirage has INS alignment modeled. No trouble that it can do upside down somersaults or that the F15 can pull 18G all night long:megalol:

And the worst troll of the month award goes to...

use proof that the flanker has limiters, fine, but leave comparisons against f-15, m2k, or any other plane out of this, they are not flankers and are completely irrelevant to flanker fm

+1

Lord of Salt

• 2 weeks later...

In general Russian military (jet fighter) pilots are instructed to use rudders during the following procedures:

- intense barrel

- landing with a cross-wind

- maintain an initial direction while taking-off

- vertical spin

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

The same thing happened to me several times but not in fight. It happened while i was flying towards the bulls eye or RTB, and every time i thought i was hit by some IC missile. I noticed that after each update SU-27 is getting worse and worse. Did someone doing that on purpоse or not, i do not know but i don't even think to change it, and fly F-15 or some other spaceship.

People, it is not all that bad, there's no need to get upset about these things. DCS is not only aircraft combat simulator. That would not annoy me i stopped flying DCS and moved to another simulator and waiting for ED to correct irregularities in the DCS. Sincerely, my brain is resting from everyday annoyance that i had regarding DCS. Simply i just don't want to be a slave to someone's hypocrisy ...