Those humps in your X52 HOTAS

For quite a while after I purchased my first X52 HOTAS had a terrible time dealing with those pesky sticking points in the throttle that are located @ ¼ and ¾ up. Many was the time where I'd be trying to throttle up or down and I'd bump in to one of those humps and I would be forced to overcompensate my movement as I would carefully pushed past the bump. Especially when hovering a chopper. It was infuriating.

So early on, I learned how to fix the issue and have had 2, X52 sticks over the years and modified them both to rid them of the humps.

When I first looked into it I went to Youtube and watched a few videos on how to fix the issue. In the videos that I saw, they had you remove a part of the clutch assembly. The actual solution is so much more simple than that.

Since I am doing it to my new X52, I am posting some photos of how I do it. It's easy, and you don't have to do much to remedy the issue.

So those of you who aren't too mechanically inclined can see an easy way to get rid of a feature that has proven to be more of a pain in the a$$ than a benefit. If there is a benefit to these humps, I don't see it or use it.

Hopefully these pics will help solve the issue for you.

[/img]

[/img]

1.jpg' alt='1.jpg'>

This is a simple operation. If you mess it up, I claim no responsibility. You can have your 10 year old do it as far as I am concerned. So it's pretty self explanatory. I just thought I would put this out there to shed light on it for those who are not a fan of the feature but aren't sure how to get rid of it. :book:

When reassembling the unit, you need to place the throttle itself so that it is positioned paralelle with the pedestal that you are putting back together. If it is in the forward or reverse position, the rocker arm doesn't fit easily back into the unit. Also, be aware of the wiring harness and make sure that it isn't sitting anywhere that it will get damaged when you reassemble the box.

Edited by Zimmerdylan