Upcoming ASSET PACKS?

Schmidtfire

what happens if you buy normandy and not the asset pack

You will play a ww2 map with modern tanks in a p51 ??

So if you want to play dcs WW2

You will need to buy:

P51 License

Normandy Licence

WW2 Asset pack License

while other games do it all for 60$ ?

Am I right or did I understood that not correctly ?

Edited by Neon67

It really is a problem with two sides...on one hand ED can't realease everything they produce in terms of maps and so on for free, because of the amount of work that went into these products to produce such a high quality content.

On the other hand the DCS community and especially the online community is not the largest one to begin with. And with every payed module that blocks players from joining a server/mission the community is basically split in smaller and smaller chunks.

I'm not saying that in 4 years will only have servers with 2 players on each of them. But this a concern that I have and I hope this kind business practice will be something we will only see on rare occasions.

And also to clarify I'm in full support of paid content, only content that excludes a part of the community that is not willing to pay for it is concerning to me.

Would be nice to see some pictures upcoming Bf 109G6, Fw 190A6/8 :music_whistling:

please ;)

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

It really is a problem with two sides...on one hand ED can't realease everything they produce in terms of maps and so on for free, because of the amount of work that went into these products to produce such a high quality content.

On the other hand the DCS community and especially the online community is not the largest one to begin with. And with every payed module that blocks players from joining a server/mission the community is basically split in smaller and smaller chunks.

I'm not saying that in 4 years will only have servers with 2 players on each of them. But this a concern that I have and I hope this kind business practice will be something we will only see on rare occasions.

And also to clarify I'm in full support of paid content, only content that excludes a part of the community that is not willing to pay for it is concerning to me.

On a business side i would have made it all in one and charged say XX amount, With a pre purchase discount, So just raise the price but include everything, My worry is it will become like Arma 3 (For example) One will have everything and someone else wont be able to, Either way its down to ED for me i just keep buying what that release thats my decision i guess :)

What happens is you wont be able to play any missions using units from the Asset pack.

This might be a problem I am afraid :(

If you did not have the licenses for the other aircrafts, you could still join in the one you had and play with your squadron

Now you foce everyone in a squadron to purchase the Asset Pack if they want to do a ww2 scenario in addition to the aircrafts AND map * 2 for the hosting server which doesn't come cheap.

• ED Team

If the concerns are as silly as you want us to believe, it should be easy enough to counter them with arguments. Calling them silly is *not* an argument.

If people have the decency to voice an honest concern instead of throwing a tantrum, what they can reasonably expect is to have that concern taken away by being reassured, not called silly.

1) I am not trying to argue, and I didnt call anyone silly, I called the notion of all these crazy packs they are dreaming up silly... seems we have been getting free Flight model upgrades for FC3 aircraft.. as an example. But in these times, people forget what has been give to them before.

2) I dont believe this was an honest concern, and I am certainly not throwing a tantrum and I dont think the OP is either, and I dont appreciate your accusations, I am not sure what kind of chip you are carrying on your shoulder, but please dont put words in my mouth. If you have some issue with me, feel free to PM me.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

2) I dont believe this was an honest concern, and I am certainly not throwing a tantrum, and I dont appreciate your accusations, I am not sure what kind of chip you are carrying on your shoulder, but please dont put words in my mouth. If you have some issue with me, feel free to PM me.
Please mind the punctuation. Nowhere did i write that you were throwing a tantrum.

Also i'm not accusing you of anything. I just find it sad to see a paying customer brushed off when he comes here with a concern. It is well intended criticism.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

On a business side i would have made it all in one and charged say XX amount, With a pre purchase discount, So just raise the price but include everything, My worry is it will become like Arma 3 (For example) One will have everything and someone else wont be able to, Either way its down to ED for me i just keep buying what that release thats my decision i guess :)

They all packed it all in one bundle for 60$ (which is a fair price imo) but you just have the extra option to buy the map and the assets seperately. I also don't why because why would you want to buy them seperately but it is nice for the few people that want to do exactly that.

But what exactly do you mean with "become like ARMA 3"? I did not really catch what you meant with that :)

Wtf, didn't see this one coming. Wont buy into this now, i simply refuse too buy something that should have been included with the ww2 map. And the list of units in that pack isn't even a complete set of units from ww2. Just one AI plane? I dont like the direction this is going at all:(...

• Like 1

Specs:

Intel i7 3770k 3.5Ghz, Nvidia GTX980 4GB, 8gb RAM

• ED Team
Wtf, didn't see this one coming. Wont buy into this now, i simply refuse too buy something that should have been included with the ww2 map. And the list of units in that pack isn't even a complete set of units from ww2. Just one AI plane? I dont like the direction this is going at all:(...

Read the list again, more than one AI aircraft.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

They all packed it all in one bundle for 60$ (which is a fair price imo) but you just have the extra option to buy the map and the assets seperately. I also don't why because why would you want to buy them seperately but it is nice for the few people that want to do exactly that.

But what exactly do you mean with "become like ARMA 3"? I did not really catch what you meant with that :)

I ment by having lots of packs thats all, And trying to keep it on topic from talking about another game, Aslong as the guys that didnt buy the packs can still see them units and use the same server as with every other module im fine by that :)

Yeah you know what, nah....

Not paying for additional "assets" that should be part of a theatre. Especially when we wait for years on end for content that should take clear priority over a WW2 "expansion".

Dedicated servers, scaling and visability issues, splash damage/more detailed vehicle damage, 2.5 merge and core engine work. These have to be the priority.

I have been a supporter of eagle like most of you since the LOMAC days, but i have to say i'm really loosing not only patience, but any expectation i had that we will see the needed improvements to the core engine. I have almost consigned myself to the fact that when we do eventually see 2.5, it will still be lacking alot of the needed features.

Why try to launch this WW2 thing, without having the underlying structure in place to allow it to flourish. You have the opportunity to draw alot WW2 enthusiasts over to the DCS platform. But do it properly, get the groundwork done first.

As for additional asset packs, if its substantial enough to consider then maybe, but again unless underlying issues are sorted, why just plug more stuff in...

Edited by Shadow.D.

he meant "nickel-and-diming features that should have been in the game in the first place, such as dedicated servers, and units to fit the time period of the game (which we are still missing to this day for georgia, let alone everything else)

i'm not sure about this move, honestly. obviously they have to make money to stay afloat but where is it all going, exactly? 60+ bucks per plane, 60+ bucks per map, a constant release schedule of everything BUT things to fill in the rather sparse environment, and they have to charge extra for a bunch of units that should be included with the historical map? i don't see it, personally. and the slope with these things is always rather slippery: see paradox, bohemia, and every other triple-A dev in the last 10 years.

Read the list again, more than one AI aircraft.

Im looking at the world weekend news, and it has only one plane listed, B17g bomber. Unlesss there is a list somehwere else i missed i cant see it, though the newsletter mentions additional assets created will be given for free too those thta own the asset pack im not sure i can wait 7 years before they are included... If im gonna pay for the asset(wich im not) atleast i would expect the theater to be complete before paying anything..

Specs:

Intel i7 3770k 3.5Ghz, Nvidia GTX980 4GB, 8gb RAM

I ment by having lots of packs thats all, And trying to keep it on topic from talking about another game, Aslong as the guys that didnt buy the packs can still see them units and use the same server as with every other module im fine by that :)

I think it is still on topic as we are discussing the businessmodel here :) And I don't see how Arma differs from DCS here. You do have some crappy weapon and vehicle packs that you can still see on the map but not use them (like aircraft modules in DCS) but with Apex the whole community seperated because assets use from Apex in new maps or missions blocked those missions for players who don't own Apex. In my milsim group that brought up a big discussion because some wanted to move to Apex to use the assets but some were not willing to pay the 30$.

Same problem here only that we now have 1 paid map, 1 paid map and asset pack coming, 1 map further down the line coming with the F-18 and then the carrier modules that will also be paid content and probably released with the F-18 (just a guess here). All that content will probably completly exclude players that are not willing or not able to pay for this content from the part of the community that is willing to buy it.

And completly agree with you, as long as everybody is still able to use the same server I'm 100% fine with this. I'm even fine with some content that splits the community as new maps are hard to implement in a different way. But like I already said, I still have some concerns.

Im looking at the world weekend news, and it has only one plane listed, B17g bomber. Unlesss there is a list somehwere else i missed i cant see it, though the newsletter mentions additional assets created will be given for free too those thta own the asset pack im not sure i can wait 7 years before they are included... If im gonna pay for the asset(wich im not) atleast i would expect the theater to be complete before paying anything..

The backers get the pack for free as they were part of the backers page i believe, You either buy it or you dont :thumbup:

• ED Team

scroll down to the asset pack list and take another look

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter10032017.html

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2