Leatherneck Simulations - Organizational changes - Public statement - MAR 2017

Dolphin887

Some quick answers

Guys, just few quick answers to some of your questions.

"Do both teams (MAGNITUDE 3 LLC and Heatblur Simulations) have the license from ED as third party developer?"

"Dolphin887, MAGNITUDE 3 LLC maintain the Corsair / Iwo Jima project or has been depleted?"

Thanks to TFC/ED understanding and patience, M3 acquired the contracts for MiG-21 and the Corsair, while we will release our rights for Viggen and the Tomcat to Heatblur once the transition is over as agreed. For clarification, we are not receiving royalties for Viggen, so split is clear concerning the project ownership. Iwo Jima is on ice at the moment, since we have no staff for such a complex and time consuming development such is theater creation. This might change in future - but no promises, it’s too farfetched at the moment.

"So I guess this means that the original Mig-21 kickstarter backers will never see anything that we were promised by LN."

Backers issue is one of the most worrying issues to me since the very start. It was myself who created complete backers list pushing for honoring them, but I was never in charge over the funds, leaving me without power to solve the issue. Note that we never saw a single dime out of the money collected there. Nevertheless, I felt and still feel responsible, and I want to fix this issue once and for all. All I can promise at this very moment is that the backers will be honored if with nothing else then with a key for our next aircraft. I wish I could tell more at this point, but there are lot of unknowns. Nevertheless, we did not forget you guys. How can we?

"Mig-21bis will be upgraded to DCS level?"

We are stabilizing now and things are looking brighter. Recently I fixed some bugs in AFM and I know you are going to like the fixes once we release the patch. Just today Radu pinged me about weapon systems, and we are going to improve that system next. We will deliver - have no doubt.

Apart from that, please note that it was MiG-21 that significantly raised the level in the world of flight simulators in general. As with any new thing, it shook foundations of development, and things moved on "all fronts", for everyone, for the better. We learned a lot, made many mistakes, learned to crawl, then walk, then run, and we will provide some amazing things in future. It was not easy, but MiG-21 is a good module, and it will get even better. I wish to thank everyone and especially RU forum community and ED/BELSIMTEK for their patience, I know it was not easy for you guys, but you can’t possibly imagine how it was for us.

"Why is it that I feel like the child of a set of parents that have just announced that they are getting a divorce?"

Have faith, we will return soon. TFC/ED have faith in us and we won’t let neither them nor you guys down.

Hiromachi: "...And with no news on what they are up to now. Looks to me like MAGNITUDE is going to have a very hard time."

True. We will make announcements on restructured forum, most likely early next week. Have faith. We are the fighters.

Thank you for your support and comments.

We will move to new forum soon (old - but restructured forum), most likely early next week, with more details hopefully answering most of your concerns.

Best regards to all, and please have no worries concerning the LNS / M3.

• Like 3

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this change also mean the following BS gets updated?

- RSBN/PRMG/ARC

- Clock

- Weapons Selector

- ASP

- Flight Model

- External sounds

- Afterburner sync

- SAU

- Radar that does monopulse instead of Doppler

- Radar that respects RCS and doesn't immediately recognize full AC, regardless of RCS, when the AC gets into maximum detection zone of RP-22

• Like 1

Alright Dolphin,

if Corsair is still on track than there is something to fight for. I know Michael and others will be doing their best and MiG-21 proved you can exceed what is deemed best on market.

A small tip from me - since you are restructuring and adjusting I feel like best thing to start with would be communication. This has been a major issue with LN before, now you guys have a chance to change it. The improved communication between you and community is something that I'm personally looking forward to !

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

They may have other things too, at least Novak's post seemed like they at least hope/intent to release two more modules in next two years, I can't imagine second module not being already in some form of development in that case.

I wondered the same also.

What may it be though? It may be the elusive MiG-23, or it may be another Pacific warbird (possibly a Japanese one), or maybe none of these. These are all speculations at this point after all.
That's all we are left to do until more is revealed to us later in the year. My belief it will be an A-7 considering there has been work done already

EDIT: Looks like Dolphin has spoken on this...

What is certain for me is, that I hope both new studios will flourish and stay afloat. We need more developers in this platform.

Could not agree more! It appears both have a decent foundation to do so as far as staffing and I am sure they will be able to draw more talent in is managed well.

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I wish both teams all the best and good luck. I'm lucking forward to what they both will bring to us and DCS in the future :)

And thanks for all the work that has been done in the past! :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

A small tip from me - since you are restructuring and adjusting I feel like best thing to start with would be communication. This has been a major issue with LN before, now you guys have a chance to change it. The improved communication between you and community is something that I'm personally looking forward to !

From many of us I am sure.

I am glad Dolphin887 is back on the forums even if not under great moments. Maybe a good example to follow in this direction is Zeus from Razbam.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Good luck guys! I hope that you can maintain this level of professionalism and that the best will come out of it for all involved.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• ED Team
Guys, just few quick answers to some of your questions.

"So I guess this means that the original Mig-21 kickstarter backers will never see anything that we were promised by LN."

Backers issue is one of the most worrying issues to me since the very start. It was myself who created complete backers list pushing for honoring them, but I was never in charge over the funds, leaving me without power to solve the issue. Note that we never saw a single dime out of the money collected there. Nevertheless, I felt and still feel responsible, and I want to fix this issue once and for all. All I can promise at this very moment is that the backers will be honored if with nothing else then with a key for our next aircraft. I wish I could tell more at this point, but there are lot of unknowns. Nevertheless, we did not forget you guys. How can we?

Maybe a discount for backers for your upcoming products could solve this once for all. Just saying.

Edited by f-18hornet

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

All the best to LN studios. Hopefully you guys get back on your feet sooner, rather than later. Sretno!

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Maybe a discount for backers for your upcoming products could solve this once for all. Just saying.

Not really looking for a freebie considering what goes into these modules, but yes a discount could go a very long way.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

We are stabilizing now and things are looking brighter. Recently I fixed some bugs in AFM and I know you are going to like the fixes once we release the patch. Just today Radu pinged me about weapon systems, and we are going to improve that system next. We will deliver - have no doubt.

Apart from that, please note that it was MiG-21 that significantly raised the level in the world of flight simulators in general. As with any new thing, it shook foundations of development, and things moved on "all fronts", for everyone, for the better. We learned a lot, made many mistakes, learned to crawl, then walk, then run, and we will provide some amazing things in future. It was not easy, but MiG-21 is a good module, and it will get even better. I wish to thank everyone and especially RU forum community and ED/BELSIMTEK for their patience, I know it was not easy for you guys, but you can’t possibly imagine how it was for us.

Keep up the good work guys :thumbup:.

I hope that now, being a smaller team, you'll be more present on the forum and will have better communication with the community.

Dolphin, you are in the unique position, as the only dev (if I'm not mistaken) that has actually flown the aircraft you've developed, and you should take advantage of that.

Želim vam puno uspjeha i sreće! :)

This.

The primaries for the affected modules have moved to the respective new teams- those who maintain the MiG-21 and are developing the Corsair to Magnitude 3, and the Viggen and F-14 developers to Heatblur. Heatblur has been a known quantity, at least as being somehow party to all of this, since the Viggen trailer. So whether or not we as the public knew (which is frankly immaterial), the teams knew it was coming and were preparing for it.

Personally, I look at this as more of an opportunity and a positive for the community than a concern; it doesn't matter how good an organization is, or how well individual teams are managed- if a firm reaches a point of real divergence in planning, overall goals, scheduling, methods, or even team culture, often the best move you can make is a subsidiary shift, or actual separation.

Both of these teams have experience making modules at the highest level.

Both teams are maintaining development rights to existing, as well as future aircraft, meaning ED knew this was in the works as well and evaluated both groups as being capable to their requirements.

And both teams have made it very clear they have 2017 product release targets there going to meet- if not for credibility reasons, pure survival.

A team isn't going to spin itself if it doesn't legitimately think it can't make its target. And by Dolphin's information, they're doing it from partially behind the 8 ball. That last is a gutsy move.

Both of these teams are taking a short from the perspective of the lean periods that can happen in long lead development.

But if they think they can do it, and ED thinks they can do it, and the evidence that they can do it is on your hard drive, then I wouldn't bet against it.

Shouldn't have any effect on the DCS: F-14 - the F-14 team and Magnitude team haven't overlapped for a while.

-Nick

• Like 2

Alright Dolphin,

if Corsair is still on track than there is something to fight for. I know Michael and others will be doing their best and MiG-21 proved you can exceed what is deemed best on market.

TOTALLY second this post! very positive, and constructively worded! :pilotfly:

Sure hope the amazing attention to detail that LN has displayed up to this point will stay with these two new companies we are getting.

Oh man, I guess this will put a little dent in the Tomcat's development time...sad face. Will still be worth the wait, I'm sure!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

You fellows put out the corsair I will buy that one..

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Question for Dolphin,

Cobra has been pretty clear that the way they want to announce models has changed after the Viggen/Tomcat. Ie, that they will run silent for as long as possible and then spring the news of the module once very close to completion. What will be (different about) Magnitude's approach to community service, news, announcements etc? Are you going to follow another philosophy entirely?

Question for Dolphin,

Cobra has been pretty clear that the way they want to announce models has changed after the Viggen/Tomcat. Ie, that they will run silent for as long as possible and then spring the news of the module once very close to completion. What will be (different about) Magnitude's approach to community service, news, announcements etc? Are you going to follow another philosophy entirely?

We will try to keep you updated with relevant stuff as often as we can. Note we are a small team, thus extremely busy. With resources such are this forum, YouTube, Facebook, Mantis bugtracker and the site, I'm sure you guys will have plenty of info at any time.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just make an F-16 any block even if its A version. I believe you'll be rich in no time...... :D

Ask one of those BMS guys over there to join the team and you might calm most of doubters from F4 community. :D

Good luck for whatever path you choose.

Cheers

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Best wishes for both Teams ! Now that you have pulled apart in 2, I am wondering if someone would consider giving a significant push forward to Naval warfare development, in the way of AI content + fully dedicated DLC modules in the form of controllable ships.

Thankyou and good luck again