Triple monitor low frame rate issue

I have 3 24" LG monitors running on a Nvidia 1070 STRIX (factory overclocked) graphics card. I am having an issue with low frame rates and cannot figure out what the problem is. Here is more settings information:

Resolution: 5760x1085 (i've tried 5760x1080 with no change)

I am not running the Nvidia Surround setting in the Nvidia control panel (I did try that and it was running in the 50s on the fps but my zoom had me inches from the A-10C dash and fully zoomed out had me back to the "default zoom" level)

I have tested my same setting on the 2.0 Nevada map and it is running a steady 59 fps. I cannot figure out what is going on and how I can fix it. Please help!!!!

I'd suggest using a standard 5760x1080 single viewport resolution (not the 3 screen option from the drop down menu) You don't need surround to do this in DCS, just make sure your left monitor is your main monitor. As you noted with a single viewport the default FOV is too narrow, you can change this buy editing the server.lua for some aircraft and the view.lua for other aircraft. 160º max works well.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I am not getting that with the 3 monitor option in DCS. I am getting in the 10s to 20s. Now if I use the setting of 1 monitor and have it stretch across all 3 I get the expected fps but my zoom is so pushed in I have to zoom completely out to get back to the default zoom view and the left and right monitors have a "fisheye" affect going on.

You are rendering three separate views of the same scene. It stands to reason that your frame rates will be drastically reduced.

EDIT: This has always been the case and is the reason why pretty much nobody uses the three camera lua.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'd suggest using a standard 5760x1080 single viewport resolution (not the 3 screen option from the drop down menu) You don't need surround to do this in DCS, just make sure your left monitor is your main monitor. As you noted with a single viewport the default FOV is too narrow, you can change this buy editing the server.lua for some aircraft and the view.lua for other aircraft. 160º max works well.

Can you walk me through that or do you have a link with a guide?

Here's a JSGME compatible mod I made, I believe I uploaded this before the Viggen was out but it should include every other module.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzWFYrRiVfk8cEtwbXhxMkhoUjA

You can search for JSGME guides if you're unsure what that is. It's a mod manager, and since every DCS update removes mods, it's a good idea to use it.

Be aware that this mod isn't integrity check compliant for servers that use it. ED really needs to fix this. There's a way to add all aircraft to the server.lua file, which passes the integrity check, however some online missions override your own server.lua with theirs, and the host usually has no idea they're doing it. Again, something ED really needs to fix.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Here you go: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2616874&postcount=799

As for the LUA file, you need to go to where DCS is installed. For example:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View

Or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View

If you are running the 2.x open alpha, you have to use ....\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha

If you're not sure,right click on the icon that you start DCS with and click on Properties. You can see the directory from the TARGET field.

Note, you need to run the txt editor (do *NOT* use Word or WordPad, use a text editor - Notepad++ for example) in admin mode. When you start the txt editor of your choice, right click on the icon and use "Run as Administrator"

SuperKungFu already told you what to change. You can also google for what others are using. good luck.

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Nice post. :thumbup:

However, just at a glance, where you say 2000 tall, you have 1200 + 600 so it should be 1800 tall by my count.

Also, you can probably get a slightly better frame rate by moving the MFD displays out to the right of monitor number one.

Currently you have an area of 600x4160px of black space (more than the equivalent of one of your main monitors) which is still calculated by the GPU and also occupying VRAM. Moving them to the right end will reduce that black space to zero and reduce your total resolution (pixel count) by a not insignificant amount.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Nice post. :thumbup:

However, just at a glance, where you say 2000 tall, you have 1200 + 600 so it should be 1800 tall by my count.

Also, you can probably get a slightly better frame rate by moving the MFD displays out to the right of monitor number one.

Currently you have an area of 600x4160px of black space (more than the equivalent of one of your main monitors) which is still calculated by the GPU and also occupying VRAM. Moving them to the right end will reduce that black space to zero and reduce your total resolution (pixel count) by a not insignificant amount.

LOL. Can't do simple math! I'll have to fix that. And I've been meaning to move it over, but since my FPS is fine, been lazy about it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1