ARK-UD and R-828 Help

Hi all, i'm back again.

This time I have a question for using ARK-UD and R-828 for navigation. I've been playing through the new campaign which makes you utilize this navigation.

So here's my issue, I have successfully set up my nav systems to point me to a spot on channel 2 with the ARK-UD. Then later i successfully set up navigation with the R-828 using channel 3. The issue is, I need to switch back to Channel 2 on the ARK-UD (not R-828). But I can never seem to get the signal back.

Holding down the radio tuner button on the R-828 seems to tune the ARK-UD away from the 6 presets or something. Actually I'm still foggy on how the two work together, but seems after I tune in the R-828 I can't get a signal back on the ARK-UD.

Any clarification on using both nav systems in a single mission would be quite right helpful!

Cheers,

Daniel

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

This may help. Its 05.00 here and my brain is not at its best. I will revisit this thread after sleep:)

thanks for the reply mate, but i watched the vid and didn't see any mention of the R-828 navigation. I saw ARC-9, ARC-UD, and Doppler.

did i miss it?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

We have to fly together again Cibit !

There is so much to learn from you with the Mi-8.

I usually cheat with F10 map when navigating..OMG criss-cross over the map :)

Thanks for your time and patience

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

We have to fly together again Cibit !

There is so much to learn from you with the Mi-8.

I usually cheat with F10 map when navigating..OMG criss-cross over the map :)

Thanks for your time and patience

Do you think Mudspike will have a welcome to ETO weekend? We could slip some choppers in amongst the warbirds;)

Wonder what ADF is available in Normandy

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tbh, i never flew campaigns and online I never needed an ADF for my flying, i say mine ;)

Sometimes having a beacon would be cool

WWII, I guess the must have had something to find home, whereas a beacon in wartime can be a bad thing too I assume, Like" hello, here we are"

Have you got any Props ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

The allies had ground control to vector either to enemy aircraft or a course to steer for home via R/T

I believe the pathfinders set up a homing beacon for Operation Overlord for the DC3's to drop the Airborne element prior to the beach landings.

Got all props except FW:)

Sorry OP for off topic.

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all, i'm back again.

This time I have a question for using ARK-UD and R-828 for navigation. I've been playing through the new campaign which makes you utilize this navigation.

So here's my issue, I have successfully set up my nav systems to point me to a spot on channel 2 with the ARK-UD. Then later i successfully set up navigation with the R-828 using channel 3. The issue is, I need to switch back to Channel 2 on the ARK-UD (not R-828). But I can never seem to get the signal back.

Holding down the radio tuner button on the R-828 seems to tune the ARK-UD away from the 6 presets or something. Actually I'm still foggy on how the two work together, but seems after I tune in the R-828 I can't get a signal back on the ARK-UD.

Any clarification on using both nav systems in a single mission would be quite right helpful!

Cheers,

Daniel

Daniel try to move the 828 mode switch back from compass to radio. Or turn it off completely and try to click the switch on the pilots HSI back and forth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Question regarding the ARC-UD. How do you set up a ground unit to broadcast a signal on one of the 6 available channels?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Thanks wolf. Where did you come across the info on how to do this?

Is the freq: 114.166 for channel #1?

Do you happen to have the other frequencies that are used for the other 5 channels?

I'm assuming power just impacts how far away you can pick up the signal?

What is the Zone field for?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Thanks wolf. Where did you come across the info on how to do this?

The manual and many tests :smilewink:

Is the freq: 114.166 for channel #1?

Yep.

Do you happen to have the other frequencies that are used for the other 5 channels?

You can found them in the Mi8 fight manual p125

I'm assuming power just impacts how far away you can pick up the signal?

Yep

What is the Zone field for?

The location of the radio transmission, you can also use a unit but you can't set the power

I hope it help

People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters

I don't remember seeing that in the manual but then again I've probably got an older copy. Need to download the newest one from the Doc folder and go through it again. Ok, thank you!

Topgun505