relative velocity (VR) bug?

blast

When I lock a target and i get closer to it, below 1 nm of range the relative velocity displayed on the HUD indicates negative speeds while I'm moving toward the target. The VR number also change like crazy.

Is Razbam aware about it?

Ty

VR shows the closing velocity between you and your target. If the value is negative you are going faster than your target and gaining on him.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

VR shows the closing velocity between you and your target. If the value is negative you are going faster than your target and gaining on him.

It's actually the opposite: if the value is positive you are going faster than your target and gaining on him. Check it here: https://youtu.be/bLkn1YR8N5M

But in that video the issue with the Vitesse Relative indicator is not happening and behave normally. May be because it is a single mission. The issue I have had was always in multiplayer session. I'll try to post a video later.

Also, I didn't find the description of the VR in the manual 0.10.0 version. I'm not sure if i have the most updated release.

I agree with the blast...

The Vc should always be positive if the range between target and you is lowering and negative if it is rising. This is not the case in module. It seems as the number presented is from target perspective and not from your plane.

Edited by Vatikus

• 9 months later...

I'm not sure if in the openbeta Razbam has fixed this issue but I re-up this topic: When I lock a target and get closer to it, below 1 nm of range the relative velocity displayed on the HUD changes like crazy. I only see it in multiplayer game (whatever the server) and not in single player.

I'm not sure if in the openbeta Razbam has fixed this issue but I re-up this topic: When I lock a target and get closer to it, below 1 nm of range the relative velocity displayed on the HUD changes like crazy. I only see it in multiplayer game (whatever the server) and not in single player.

Happens to me as well, the VR indicator is very unreliable at short distance (I can only confirm for MP, as I rarely fly SP)