Re-thinking MiG-21Bis module.

foxbat155

Hi,

First, I wanna express my regret that LN team split :(, I hope that moment will start better future for both teams.

Because now module belongs MAGNITUDE 3, and for now and near future will be only income source, maybe it's time to re-think module philosophy. Dolphin announced many changes in module for better, what I consider as very good and strong signal for community. But I was thinking maybe is good idea (and proper time for this) develop air defence variant of MiG-21bis - type 75A. Both aircrafts share about 98 % of systems, all weaponry is the same, only difference is lack of RSBN and presence of ARL-SM data link (and some changes in cockpit of course ). Navigation with use only ARK is not problem at all (especially when ARK will be improved to achieve "reality" standard), many people (including me) will really enjoy the GCI interceptions. In my opinion second Bis variant will increase module attractiveness, what will give needed incomes for new team. So far this approach passed the test in L-39 or C-101, why not try this with MiG-21Bis. Cheers.:smartass:

• Like 1

I think Mig21 is still an excellent selling aircraft. With minimum investments in finishing the remaining problems and polishes it could sell for years to come.

Ad little new stuff now and then to the plane. Make all circuit breakers work. Put pilot inside. Animate some ground operations (dunno... add ground crew around the plane when connecting power and rearming... stuff to make Mig21 more awesome and attractive). Make campaigns and sell them!

Don't run from making promotional actions. Sponsor events, sell T-Shirts (seriously), Participate in ED sales more often, etc.

Stay in the loop! You have a gem and an icon.

And maybe Radu could ask an approval/info from ROAF to build a LANCER... even as separate module. Then... Bam! F16!

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

rather, a modern variant would be a 100% purchase for me :) im not sure how simple that would be, i expect alot of changes to cockpit model and nearly all systems would be required, but maybe not that much on external model.. who knows.. i wish them good luck. and i hope the mig-21 will stay strong, definately one of my favorite modules

And maybe Radu could ask an approval/info from ROAF to build a LANCER... even as separate module. Then... Bam! F16!

I don't know how feasible would it be to create a LanceR or Bison from the Bis from licencing/information/development cost/sales points of view.

However, if it is indeed feasible and would give Magnitude 3 the cashflow they are looking for, I would buy the hell out of them day1, I'd like "good old MiG with more sting" :D.

Lazur equipped version doesn't sound bad either, but I'm not sure if it would be as sales increasing.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Realistically I doubt they're going to create a new variant of it like a LanceR or a Bison. Especially not as they're only a small team now and have a plan to release the Corsair at some point this year.

Dolphin has said they're going to fix up the current module, nothing more.

Edited by Buzzles

It's an absolute speculation but it may be that LN (M3) are going to work on MiG-23. Just really guessing but some facts may be indicating this:

- Razbam has just recently announced that they've dropped the MiG-23 project and are developping MiG-19. They have clearly indicated that they can't share the background of this decision.

- a lot of experience and probably some features from MiG-21 could be used in MiG-23

- vice versa, developing MiG-23 would allow to incorporate back improvements to MiG-21. Again guessing but probably MiG-21 as not so new module might be generating more maintenance cost ATM than revenues. Support has to be done anyway but having both MiG-21 and MiG-23 would probably allow to mitigate it.

- Heatblur has Viggen and are working on F-14 while the only new project from LN (M3) is Corsair. LN (M3) has a good experience but they probably need a good project with a popular plane to get a boost.

Again those are all speculations. Lets see what future will show. Regardless which module both companies are working on, I'll for sure get it.

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

A Bison would kick ass! But I love the Mig as it is, especially when after the polishing. But if there is an option for upgraded variant I vote Bison!

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

It's an absolute speculation but it may be that LN (M3) are going to work on MiG-23. Just really guessing but some facts may be indicating this:

- Razbam has just recently announced that they've dropped the MiG-23 project and are developping MiG-19. They have clearly indicated that they can't share the background of this decision.

- a lot of experience and probably some features from MiG-21 could be used in MiG-23

- vice versa, developing MiG-23 would allow to incorporate back improvements to MiG-21. Again guessing but probably MiG-21 as not so new module might be generating more maintenance cost ATM than revenues. Support has to be done anyway but having both MiG-21 and MiG-23 would probably allow to mitigate it.

- Heatblur has Viggen and are working on F-14 while the only new project from LN (M3) is Corsair. LN (M3) has a good experience but they probably need a good project with a popular plane to get a boost.

Again those are all speculations. Lets see what future will show. Regardless which module both companies are working on, I'll for sure get it.

New LN are not working on a Mig-23.

Sorry :(

I don't believe in a different MiG-21 version really. Sure, there would be some differing capabilities, but personally I think the variation would for most people be too small to warrant buying it as another module. On the other hand probably too much work to include it in the current module.

Fixing some of the rather persistent bugs and solving a few of the other issues is probably a better idea. I know of quite a few people who claim to just wait for that to finally buy the module.

• Like 1

Fixing some of the rather persistent bugs and solving a few of the other issues is probably a better idea. I know of quite a few people who claim to just wait for that to finally buy the module.

And also the recommendations from those of us who already own the module. I used to claim that the Mig-21 was the best module in DCS. I still think it is good, but I'll be excited again when the bug fixes come.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I think Mig21 is still an excellent selling aircraft. With minimum investments in finishing the remaining problems and polishes it could sell for years to come.

Ad little new stuff now and then to the plane. Make all circuit breakers work. Put pilot inside. Animate some ground operations (dunno... add ground crew around the plane when connecting power and rearming... stuff to make Mig21 more awesome and attractive). Make campaigns and sell them!

Don't run from making promotional actions. Sponsor events, sell T-Shirts (seriously), Participate in ED sales more often, etc.

Stay in the loop! You have a gem and an icon.

The 21 already is in a good state. In my opinion its the most interesting Aircraft in DCS at the moment. Its hard to master, but a joy to fly.

It could use some polish, but it could be much worse, i remember the times when the radar was tilted upwards.

They would get my money ASAP if theyd do a LANCER, or any pimped version of the MiG.

I dont know how much of the Avionics code could be used for a MiG23 for example.

I really hope that you guys will be able to stabilize your financial situation.

Good Luck!

Edited by Rainbowgeorge
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

I think they should go either very new (like Lancer or Bison) or a very old model like the MiG21PF.

i think older mig21 like the PF would be better suited. especially against older legacy opponents like the Mirage 3 and as well as for a giving a Version that actually served in the Vietnam war

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

MIG-21 and MIG-23 dont share that much of the Systems, exept some downgraded MIG-23.

After all most People so far more intressted in a M+ Version, where likely complete Redone.

Don't would much of Problem to integrate a Lazur MIG 21, but have my doubts DCS World and GCI are able of support such thing, would probably a DCS Core Operation for ED to get this working.

Would propably working on the remaning Bugs rework some of the not so real Futures, and give the MIG 21 some Singelplayer content a good Campaign...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

A different MiG-21 variant would be nice to have, but I don't see that happen.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I don't think that would make sense to focus on. What the MiG-21 needs is content, content, content (as in campaigns and missions). Only then will the module be more attractive to potential buyers.

I think many developers, including ED themselves, need to re-think their strategy. Pretty soon we will have ALOT of airplanes (several really good ones in the pipeline), but we still have very little good content for many modules. All developers need to shift their main focus to content creation in the future (both maps and campaigns). Great content will lift DCS to awesomeness, not another 10-20 aircraft modules.

I don't think that would make sense to focus on. What the MiG-21 needs is content, content, content (as in campaigns and missions). Only then will the module be more attractive to potential buyers.

I think many developers, including ED themselves, need to re-think their strategy. Pretty soon we will have ALOT of airplanes (several really good ones in the pipeline), but we still have very little good content for many modules. All developers need to shift their main focus to content creation in the future (both maps and campaigns). Great content will lift DCS to awesomeness, not another 10-20 aircraft modules.

+1000000. Couldn't agree more. There are still a lot of planes ahead of us that for many people will be a must have but I could imagine that the community will shift more towards buying selected planes rather then everything that comes out. At least I’ve promised myself to get only the Normandy, F-18, Harrier (if it's close to complete, got tired with constant development of M2kC), MiG-19 (any other Russian plane if it comes out), Eurofighter Typhoon (not being mean but I don’t have high hopes for actually seeing it out, better to be positively suppressed).

It's not really about money (hopefully my Wife will not see my ED orders summary :)) but mostly about the time. Already having a majority of the modules it’s just not enough time that I could devote to learn and get a proper experience with all of them. This is including only modules that for whatever reason I just really like a lot, not even mentioning to have a time for those that I’ve just got because of sales or support the dev’s but didn’t really got too much in love with them. There are also modules which I would love to fly more but there is not much content for them (MiG-21, MiG-15, F-86F). It’s not only about campaigns nor even a map but about a basic lack of AI units from the era. WWII is getting some attention with Normandy map but still there is a big gap for 1'st to early 3'rd gen jets.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

All developers need to shift their main focus to content creation in the future (both maps and campaigns). Great content will lift DCS to awesomeness, not another 10-20 aircraft modules.

I agree on one side, that the existing modules need more content,

but on the other side i see a lack of OPFOR planes.

Especially with the upcoming planes, like the F/A-18 and F-14

There only is one Russian full fidelity fighter, the MiG-21,

and it sadly has limited capabilities against 4th gen.

And even if they arent developing a MiG-23 right now,

maybe it could be a long term goal,

but thats only speculation. :)

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

Build maps has very more difficult with build a aircraft module, more time and resources (LNK has put "on Hold" Iwo Jima Theatre. Aircrats / Helos and others give necessary cash to survive and get more licenses.

Nowhere in this thread did anyone suggest more maps.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: