General PSA to All Developers:we would pay mucho dinero for an AH-64[D]

Bearfoot

We all would, it's just complicated.....

It may even be built already for all we know or don't want to know, not trying to upset anyonecry.gif

Sorry guys, VEAO will not be developing the Apache for public release.

We are still aiming to develop a military version pending contracts and future military development for DCS.

Can't go into reasons due to NDA's sorry.

Thanks,

Chris.

Wishlist

Are we ever going to get an Apache AH-64 to fly in the sim?

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

We all would, it's just complicated.....

It may even be built already for all we know or don't want to know, not trying to upset anyonecry.gif

Wishlist

Are we ever going to get an Apache AH-64 to fly in the sim?

Ah, it had to fall into the VEAO gravity well ....

ARMA3 has apparently got an Apache D and custom-D-with-disabled-radar-variant, which, within the confines of the Arma world (simple flight model, limited avionics, "god's eye" radar, etc.), does not seem too bad.

That is a community mod. Since it is not for sale they can get away without a license. VEAO is in an entirely different situation.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Even then, it's questionable from what I hear.

If you mean giving it away without a license. Yes, that could still be problematic however once someone has the mod they can't, practically, be stopped from using it on their own machine.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hey, show me an aviation / simming enthusiast who wouldn't like to see the Apache! Of course we'd all pay an obscene amount for it! :thumbup:

About VEAO developing one, this comes as news to me. But I know that the website of ED's "military version" of DCS mentions AH-64, too. Wonder if they are related, and my apologies if it was already answered - but I guess it was not and will not, due to all those NDAs and stuff...

However, I like to believe that somebody developing an Apache, even strictly for military consumers, is a good sign - remember, both Ka-50 and A-10C initially started as military projects, and unless I am mistaken, Belsimtek has done a professional Mi-8/17 sim before DCS version, too.

Before anyone calls me out on that, I am NOT saying that because there is a military simulation in development, it will be released in DCS later. But there is at least a slim chance that DCS license will be issued some day, and for the developer, it will be easier to "just" convert their already existing military product into DCS module than creating a new one from scratch - just saying...