MIG21 perf in 2.0.5. Update 1

DaveRindner

OK Then.

Mig21 performance (FPS wise) has been degrading and degrading in NTTR 2.0.X, and with update 1 its down to single digits FPS. My machine has not changed, drivers have not changed only DCS and modules.

As of now MIG21bis kind of sucks in NTTR.

Machine specs;

I7-3770 3.4/3.7 ghz

32 gb ram

nvidia quadro 4000 . Reference drivers 369.09

1 TB SATA3

Make and model : HP Z420 workstation.

OK then. NTTR and DCS 2.0 have been around so long, I suppouse I stopped thinking of it as Alpha. I guess the production build will ship at v2.5

Yes, but it will spend time as a beta first, I am sure.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OK Then.

Mig21 performance (FPS wise) has been degrading and degrading in NTTR 2.0.X, and with update 1 its down to single digits FPS. My machine has not changed, drivers have not changed only DCS and modules.

As of now MIG21bis kind of sucks in NTTR.

Machine specs;

I7-3770 3.4/3.7 ghz

32 gb ram

nvidia quadro 4000 . Reference drivers 369.09

1 TB SATA3

Make and model : HP Z420 workstation.

i dunno i really dont have degraded performance i only get lower FPS around downtown vegas, outside its smooth and fairly consistent.

ive only gotten bad FPS in really big campaign like F5E agressors and still its around vegas and still doesnt dip below 35 even at Nellis. tbh. so its still very playable.

The again Whilst the Quadro 4000 may be a workstation card its quite an old one now. Workstation cards arent best for personal gaming anyhow. ( and fairly overpriced for such uses)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I have not suffered FPS loss in the MiG-21 on my old pc, I get the usual ~80 fps both Nevada and Caucasus.

Same here. The only major performance bug I've noticed in 2.0.5 with regards to the Mig-21 is the spawn-in FPS decrease when sitting next to another Mig-21. It goes away as soon as either aircraft moves. That and the interior lights don't work as they do in 1.5 :(

Other than that, 2.0.5 is the better performing of the two installs by several country miles, in my opinion.

If you start in the parking lot next to other parked aircraft there is a bug that reduces your fps to single digits. Once you move away from the parked aircraft fps go back to normal. This is only on the NTTR map and only with the Mig-21 module.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Some have said that also. That wkstation cards Quadro and FireGL, don't do as well as GTX and Radeon , in games. Something with the drivers. Unfortunately, GTX (don't know about FireGL or RadeonPro) has issues with my other applications. Some IT guys told me that Quadro and GTX, of equivalent level, are identical product, with Nvidia drivers accessing or disabling features, so that GTX does not cannibalize Quadro sales.

I am contemplating , on my next home wkstation, equipping it with Titan X Pascal, or 1080ti. However I don't know about their compatibility and performance with today's OpenGL , and OpenCL.

Edited by DaveRindner

I remember 3 of us tested "parking issue" in NTTR in several locations: we were unable to reproduce the "zero FPS" although some FPS drop was obvious. Still, the game was playable.

I suggest you avoid parking near AI aircraft and don't use taxi/landing lights if you musn't.

There was no clear conclusion to this problem.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To replicate it, just go to Instant Action (for Mig21) and select COLD START. The mission starts with Mig next to another Mig on one side, and two F-16's on the other. The canopy is open. Activate FPS display and attempt to pan around the cockpit, and F2 outside view.

To replicate it, just go to Instant Action (for Mig21) and select COLD START. The mission starts with Mig next to another Mig on one side, and two F-16's on the other. The canopy is open. Activate FPS display and attempt to pan around the cockpit, and F2 outside view.

Thank you.

Just tested the mission.

If you delete the MiG wingman, FPS will normalize.

I attached the edited mission.

It is clearly that simulation process takes CPU time if AI is next to human MiG (this is visible on FPS display, "Simulation"). I have no idea why this happens... We will have to check this with ED if they have some time.

MiG-21 Cold Start.miz

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]