[ALREADY REPORTED] HSI VAD knob

Vatikus

• 1 year later...

Hello.

Me too, the VAD knob doesn't work properly. Either with the mouse "clic and drag" or with the mouse wheel (both ways) the numbers can only be increased and the knob don't visually rotate as it should. It does it both for ρ (rho) or θ (theta) entries. And in θ the bearing needle doesn't represent the imput number as I suspect it obviously should.

It's a pain to use the VAD :mad:

In DCS World\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Cockpit\clickabledata.lua

The end of the line about the "HSI VAD Selector" entry seems missing ? But I'm no good at programming so... I'm not shure.

The type of button used for the VAD knob is : default_axis_cycle

and the only other same type of button used in the M-2000C is : "Auxiliary Gunsight Deflection"... and I find it also bugged also (even if this entry doesn't seem to have the end missing).

When I use the Auxilary gunsight with a click and drag, the gunsight deflection works for me, but with the mouse wheel (both ways), it only goes down !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Glad to know it isn’t just me, this pisses me off a lot since I use offset with vor to align with runways. Mouse wheel works, but so far I have to click the wheel each time for a single unit increase, there should be at least a scrolling action to make it faster.

• 1 year later...

For me, in VR on latest release (same as Open Beta at the moment, 2.5.6.55960) both mouse wheel and click and drag only increase the rho/theta VAD values when using the VAD knob.

I was fiddling with this during the first mission of the Red Flag campaign, had to spend half the mission heads-down scrolling to 1000 :(

Is this bug still known and tracked?

• Like 1

Specs: Samsung Odyssey MR (VR)

MoBo ASUS Z97-K ; CPU i5-4690K 4.1GHz w/CM Hyper212 Evo; GPU GTX 980Ti; RAM 2400MHz CL11 2x8GB; SSD Samsung EVO 250GB (x2); HDD WD Blue 1TB; Case Corsair Obsidian 450D

Thrustmast T.16000M TWCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS modules: NTTR, Normandy, M-2000C, Mi-8, SA342, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Bf.109K4, FW-190D9, P-51D, Hawk T.1A, CA

For me, in VR on latest release (same as Open Beta at the moment, 2.5.6.55960) both mouse wheel and click and drag only increase the rho/theta VAD values when using the VAD knob.

I was fiddling with this during the first mission of the Red Flag campaign, had to spend half the mission heads-down scrolling to 1000 :(

Is this bug still known and tracked?

i would hope so. I remember doing the training missions before the midlife update and that worked fine. I notice it doesn't work anymore a couple of weeks ago...so who knows...