Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

(Shenzhen, PRC / Norman, Oklahoma USA / Utrecht, The Netherlands) - March 16, 2017

VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

VKB is proud to announce the production launch of the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG).

This controller was developed by AVIAAVTOMATIKA in Russia for Sukhoi’s modernized ‘Flanker’ series of fighter jets, as well as their 5th generation prototypes. VKB engineers adapted the ergonomics of the real ‘Flanker’ grip for the use in flight simulations with only minimal design changes.

The VKB-Sim Modern Combat Grip (MCG) is compatible with the following controllers:

- VKB-Sim Black/Fat Mamba Mk.II/Mk.III

- VKB-Sim Vintage Mamba

- VKB-Sim Gladiator Pro Mk.I/Mk.II

- VKB-Sim Gunfighter

- Thrustmaster® Cougar™ * **

- Thrustmaster® Warthog™ * **

* To ensure compatibility with the Thrustmaster® controller base, the MCG’s axes controls (ministicks/brake axis) will function as hat switch/buttons only

** Via adapter, sold separately

zeXcgez.jpg

MCG Grip Characteristics:

- Made from ABS plastic (injection molding)

- “OMRON" Buttons

- Contactless Ministicks (analog or digital) for Slew Control w/ integrated Push Button

- Trigger #1: Dual Stage Trigger

- Trigger #2: Metal Trigger

- Metal Wheel Brake Lever with Contactless MaRS Sensor

- Adjustable Palm Rest

- Quick Release Fastening

- External Twist Adapter (currently under development)

cI65Zc1.jpg

VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG) Production Status:

- The development phase has been completed

- The production run of the injection molds is slated for April 2017

- We’re aiming to start shipping towards the end of May, beginning of June, 2017

Price:

MSRP $99 (plus shipping and tax (where applicable))

For more information, please contact:

NorthAmerica@VKB-Sim.pro

http://www.VKBcontrollers.com

Or

VKB@flightsimcontrols.com

http://www.FlightSimControls.com

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks familiar

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Very nice grip !

Good to know it's compatible with the vintage mamba.

Do you know if a firmware update will be needed, or will it be just install and fly?

Not sure about any firmware update just yet, but it might be needed (too early to tell; will ask VKB HQ). I also assume that there will be some MCG Profile needed to enable the various buttons and switches as well, for each supported stick.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Interesting... it's like a Pak 50 grip with the lever style adjustable palm rest of the F-35 grip. Curious to hear more about the electronics both in the grip and in the base.

Question for VKB technical dept: will the Warthog adapter for Gunfighter be able to handle ministick/analog brake lever outputs if a Warthog grip had the ministick and analog sensor for the brake installed in it?

Question for VKB technical dept: will the Warthog adapter for Gunfighter be able to handle ministick/analog brake lever outputs if a Warthog grip had the ministick and analog sensor for the brake installed in it?

From the announcement above: "* To ensure compatibility with the Thrustmaster® controller base, the MCG’s axes controls (ministicks/brake axis) will function as hat switch/buttons only"

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

From the announcement above: "* To ensure compatibility with the Thrustmaster® controller base, the MCG’s axes controls (ministicks/brake axis) will function as hat switch/buttons only"

I understood that from the description and I am not asking about how the Warthog base handles the analog outputs of VKB grip ministick and brake lever, so let me put this another way.

My question is if I take a Warthog grip that has been modified to include a ministick and an analog sensor on the pinky paddle, will using the VKB adapter allow electronic passthorugh so I can use the ministick and analog brake function of my modified Warthog grip mounted to a Gunfighter base?

The Gunfighter base obviously has the electronics for it, the unknown is if that little black box thingie with the adapter kit that turns the 5 wire I2C output into 3 wire output will handle with the additional 3 axes the same way. This is relevant to mod work I have been working on for a while.

I understood that from the description and I am not asking about how the Warthog base handles the analog outputs of VKB grip ministick and brake lever, so let me put this another way.

My question is if I take a Warthog grip that has been modified to include a ministick and an analog sensor on the pinky paddle, will using the VKB adapter allow electronic passthorugh so I can use the ministick and analog brake function of my modified Warthog grip mounted to a Gunfighter base?

The Gunfighter base obviously has the electronics for it, the unknown is if that little black box thingie with the adapter kit that turns the 5 wire I2C output into 3 wire output will handle with the additional 3 axes the same way. This is relevant to mod work I have been working on for a while.

Oh, sorry for jumping to conclusions here! :)

I would highly recommend to pose this question on the official VKB forums as that's where their engineers and software designers lurk. They should be able to answer that.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Very nice, "kosmosima" pilots will love that TDC with axes.

Bad that don't include the useful "pinky" button - probable due the adjustable height palm rest. :noexpression:

I bet that the use of this F-35 style adjustable palm rest has "my finger". :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

Where can those of us in the US buy from VKB?

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

This looks very nice

So I have the FBM Mk III with an extension which I think is great

Am I correct in thinking if I ordered the stick and 3 pin to 5 pin convertor it would work with my existing set up including the analog axis on the hat/hats

A second question can both hats function as axes or is it one or the other?

Aegis, at the bottom of Rrohde's post are several links...

It's not available for purchase, yet.

I know it's not available yet, but i'm actually wondering about buying some pedals right now. Unfortunately, the only link that works for me, so far( it could be my internet..) is the flighsimcontrols link. That one says using another site, but this 3rd site says they no longer sell VKB's stuff.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Unfortunately, the only link that works for me, so far( it could be my internet..) is the flighsimcontrols link.

Try this, is rrohde site, notice the "North America" at side of VKB logo (and check their signature in forum postage). :D

http://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-t-rudders-mk-iv

The address is OK checked now, if don't open is something with your ISP.

Edited by Sokol1_br

T. Okona,

the topic a bit. :)

I guess no, in the past VKB withdrawn from the market their Njoy32 for DIY due difficulties with average users don't READ manuals and so don't use the board properly and consequent forum complains.

Now see in their forum and there the difficulties for some to install VKB adapter inside TmW grip.

This what you ask will require far more skill from buyers (that will be few) and a possible technical support (add the language barrier there) that they want avoid.

Due this for me will be not surprise if in the future they even withdrawn the adapter for TmW, specially now that they offer alternative for "few buttons" grip issue. :D

EDIT - But at same time this will be very easy to add, see what Alex_Oz (VKB electronics guru) say there:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/5631-anons-ruchka-sovremennoj-boevoj-aviacii-vkb-sim-mcg/#entry510663

Edited by Sokol1_br
Infr

Any word on pre-purchase, or actual purchase dates?

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Where can those of us in the US buy from VKB?

VKBcontrollers.com (please note that the MCG is not yet open for pre-ordering; I will make an email blast via newsletter as soon as I find out when).

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

This looks very nice

So I have the FBM Mk III with an extension which I think is great

Am I correct in thinking if I ordered the stick and 3 pin to 5 pin convertor it would work with my existing set up including the analog axis on the hat/hats

A second question can both hats function as axes or is it one or the other?

Yes, the MCG will work with your Mamba (and mine, for that matter) via adapter that VKB will provide in due time. :)

From what I gather, both hats are analog (or can be made digital - via VKBdevCfg toggle), and both also include a push button. Gotta be awesome for slewing and selecting targets!

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Any word on pre-purchase, or actual purchase dates?

When VKB HQ and I put the announcement together, it was super late in China and I never got an answer. I will try to get an answer on the pre-purchase option asap and send out another newsletter!

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

All links work now. I may very well order the pedals when this stick is available. Would be a huge step up from the old saiteks I owned before.

Art Of The Kill:

Like Rangi said, this + gunfighter really raises the bar for sim controls

Rainer, how many of these will be made in the initial production run? Enough to cater for those who bought Gunfighters?

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When VKB HQ and I put the announcement together, it was super late in China and I never got an answer. I will try to get an answer on the pre-purchase option asap and send out another newsletter!

Good deal. At that price I would definitely preorder.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: