Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

Hi, so here it is:

There will be an option at checkout!

You will be able to buy the grip with or without prints to your taste.

Sorry though, no Cyrillics - for the reason I explained earlier.

Keep keeping fingers cross for UIV; he landed OK but still needs to ferry to the mainland, and the waters are slightly choppy these days (see

- embedded link does not work).

Is it possible to have a box to check like second choice no preference ? For me, I wouldn't want to wait for a stick if one or the other was available for purchase with no delay.

Edited by Hellcat

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for ignorance and the lazyness reading from page 1 but does this joystick have force feedback feature?

yesnotarot.jpg

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

I suppose he was referring to the much slower updates on the VKB EU page rather than delivery times.

For example, the VKB US page has the new grips listed already, while the EU page doesn't have them listed in the store yet.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant.;)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Hi, so here it is:

There will be an option at checkout!

You will be able to buy the grip with or without prints to your taste.

Sorry though, no Cyrillics - for the reason I explained earlier.

Keep keeping fingers cross for UIV; he landed OK but still needs to ferry to the mainland, and the waters are slightly choppy these days (see

- embedded link does not work).

:thumbup:

Great, now let's get the pre-order process going already !

:joystick:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

let's get the pre-order process going already

HAVE MERCY!

UIV is just back having spent something like 38 hours without shower leave alone bed.

I'm not in charge of the shop, and keep myself out of sales part of business, so I'm a wrong guy to ask when pre-ordering starts, but take my word, we are as tired of waiting as you are.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

For example, the VKB US page has the new grips listed already, while the EU page doesn't have them listed in the store yet.

I'm just trying to be a little bit proactive, that's all. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Sorry for ignorance and the lazyness reading from page 1 but does this joystick have force feedback feature?

I do wish there was some sort of open source FFB software for flight sim controllers, look at all the cool high end FFB controllers available in car sims, much more volume that can pay for the license cost I guess.

Also, If ordering from Australia, is the North America shop the best one to order from?

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Thanks for the nice words; the stick will be introduced to all markets at the same time, may be a day or two difference due to logistics, as shipping to the US takes shorter than to EU - ask those guys in Brussels, why.

:protest:

Better than paying $100 just for shipping from your competitor Virpil to the USA... Would rather put that towards some other device like MFDs... Are you guys going to make desktop mounts similar to what Virpil has done?

Obviously creating a true FFB stick would be... more than trivial.

A few days ago I was entertaining the thought of what having a simple rumble motor might possibly add, though. It may be far from true FFB, but could still get some neat Jetseat style stall/weapons/etc effects out of it possibly.

Better than paying $100 just for shipping from your competitor Virpil to the USA... Would rather put that towards some other device like MFDs... Are you guys going to make desktop mounts similar to what Virpil has done?

You might want to check http://www.MonsterTech.de for their VKB compatible (Mamba, Gladiator, Gunfighter) mounts. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Is there still a plan to release a compatible grip with a Fat Mamba Mk III?

Yes - the MCG-MG (5-pin connector based), compatible with Mamba Mk.III, Vintage Mamba, and Gladiator Pro Mk.I

Is a base only option available? And how does it work for flying helicopters and how easy is it to change on the fly for jet aircraft vs helicopters as I fly both.

VKB HQ told me that they rather sell complete sticks than a base-only option; so when the time comes you could purchase a Gladiator Pro Mk.II or a Gunfighter bundled with an MCG/MCG-Pro grip.

VKB grips can be easily swapped by loosening a hex screw; the next step would be to load the appropriate profile for the respective grip (usually to enable the particular grip's features), and you're set.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Obviously creating a true FFB stick would be... more than trivial.

A few days ago I was entertaining the thought of what having a simple rumble motor might possibly add, though. It may be far from true FFB, but could still get some neat Jetseat style stall/weapons/etc effects out of it possibly.

Having a FF post-installation would require two axis electromagnetic actuators that are attached to grip extension (a special extension tube that has the bolt holes for such!) and then to the base (have a special base-plate with the bolt holes) and then have both actuators connected computer to read the axis data for force.

That could turn every stick there to FF stick as long the length of the extension tube position and axis throw is well known (programmable to different lengths/heights).

but again the problem seems to be the patents that Microsoft has for FF technology than anything else.

I take gladly non-centering and no-FF stick for helicopters, as it is then just easy to let it "lock" on its place.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

VKB HQ told me that they rather sell complete sticks than a base-only option; so when the time comes you could purchase a Gladiator Pro Mk.II or a Gunfighter bundled with an MCG/MCG-Pro grip.

The benefit from buying base, grip etc separately would be:

1) In case of malfunction/damaged (non-warranty related) unit, one can just pay partial sum and get broken one replaced.

2) Someone that can't afford to buy the whole product in full price, so they can order it in pieces (with extra charge for the extra shippings...)

3) Have a multi-position system where one just needs to take their grip with them to another location, and this way save some money...

But sure, I take just the whole stick deal as is...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Thanks for the nice words; the stick will be introduced to all markets at the same time, may be a day or two difference due to logistics, as shipping to the US takes shorter than to EU - ask those guys in Brussels, why.

:protest:

Those guys are probably the customs guys. :D

I had a parcel held in customs for 1 month once but most of the times it's one week with them guys... :(

Well I meant how the base works, is it easy and quick to adjust on the fly or does it take time?

The issue is I'm looking for a setup that I could use for flying fighter jets, WW2 props, and helicopters.

I have a HOTAS warthog stick and throttle setup right now but the warthog base is too strong of a spring for helicopters and their funny trim.

Well I meant how the base works, is it easy and quick to adjust on the fly or does it take time?

The issue is I'm looking for a setup that I could use for flying fighter jets, WW2 props, and helicopters.

I have a HOTAS warthog stick and throttle setup right now but the warthog base is too strong of a spring for helicopters and their funny trim.

If you are talking springs and all, yea they take a while to change, you have to take the base apart.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

AIN'T SHE SWEET

OK people :)

It's a dreams-come-true day ;)

Nope, they're not ready to be shipped out yet, but look at how more precise and accurate the seams became (well well OK, these are rendered pics... but we did improve the molds, really). And hey, some liked them Cyr? Here you go.

More is coming: I heard some were not happy about base being a 'compulsory' buy?

Give me some attention please (ahem): once MCG hits the market, base will be optional.

In simple words, you want a grip, no base - here is a grip, no base. You want a base, no grip - here is a base, no grip. You want two bases, one grip - here you go.

Stay tuned :music_whistling:

MCG-captions-double-1.thumb.jpg.cd2cc6f376228eb17dbc157b1378dd90.jpg

MCG-captions-double-2.thumb.jpg.d10fc30f2a8b1c25ae60e0ce102d0e35.jpg

MCG-captions-double-3.thumb.jpg.cb120afb98b1337343b1c217a9319aea.jpg

MCG-captions-double-4.thumb.jpg.40ae1a560ddb5a8cec76bdf65c91ec9c.jpg

Edited by AeroGator

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

:thumbup:

Looking good!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Wow! It`s getting better and better! Thanks for information and your communication with the community!:thumbup:

Seeing the pictures I think I would go with the Cyrillic version now.

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Great! Thanks for sharing, AeroGator ;)

It's good to see the original Russian markings will be available.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///