Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

...Sideslip choose to turn my comment into some kind of personal attack...

:suspect:

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have purchased many things from various parts of the world, including China but this was the first time I have not been given a clear response about shipping upon having my funds deposited to the vender.

If you’re still without a tracking number: Go to your account on VKBcontrollers.com. Find your order. Read the DHL tracking number!

If you’re still without a tracking number: Go to your account on VKBcontrollers.com. Find your order. Read the DHL tracking number!

For me, it says "$184.00 charged at a future date", though my cc shows that a charge went through on Dec 26. Either way, no tracking number :(

That's my point, there is no tracking number, are you talking about the north American site? The site has a note across the bottom saying VKB HQ says next batch shipping 4th January. So much for the shipping within a week, 26th to 4th, just saying

Edited by Rocky49

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=156

The best way to get an answer is ask the people you ordered it from on the website.

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=156

The best way to get an answer is ask the people you ordered it from on the website.

Asked Ranier direct on the 29th, said he would let me know as soon as he got the tracking info, obviously I have not heard further.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

For me, it says "$184.00 charged at a future date", though my cc shows that a charge went through on Dec 26. Either way, no tracking number :(

Mine says the same and my CC was charged, I emailed VKB and they said everything looks normal. It's a weird message.

My last order with them had a tracking number so I suspect it hasn't shipped yet and will after new year as they originally said.... instead of the earlier ship dates they mentioned last week.

Oh well. It should be here eventually.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I would say if you haven't got an email from VKB with an update and tracking number then it hasn't shipped. I got an email update with tracking info for my Gunfighter + MCG Pro on Friday. My CC was charged Dec 15.

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

For those of you still waiting: VKB HQ is planning to start shipping the next batch of pre-orders currently processing in the week of Jan 4, 2018.

Feel free to email me (northamerica@vkb-sim.pro) with any question about any automated messages you might have received from the webshop's software if you think something's amiss.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with my MCG Pro and/or with my brain. The wheel brake lever binds successfully in the axis assign for any aircraft I've assigned it to, and axis tune shows it responds correctly to the full range of values! However, it does not actually work in-game for any of them that I've tried (Viggen, Ka-50).

I'm having an issue with my MCG Pro and/or with my brain. The wheel brake lever binds successfully in the axis assign for any aircraft I've assigned it to, and axis tune shows it responds correctly to the full range of values! However, it does not actually work in-game for any of them that I've tried (Viggen, Ka-50).

First thing I would check is for any duplicate axis assignments in DCS.

It can tend to do that with a new stick at first.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

There certainly aren't any within a given aircraft, and it was showing this behavior from the very first time I assigned it.

There certainly aren't any within a given aircraft, and it was showing this behavior from the very first time I assigned it.

I am 99.999999% certain dburne is right. DCS always autocrappily assigns buttons and axes to controllers. Major PIA in almost every module and for almost every controller because it not only gets it wrong/non-sensical (except for the TMWH + A10C), but results in multiple/conflicting assignments.

I suggest you click the "clear category" for EACH and EVERY controller on a particular module, on both the "All" as well as "Axes" pages, and start from scratch, one-by-one. Sounds like a pain, and it is, but will save you the frustration of things not working as you expect.

Look very carefully at the axis assignments going across the rows for any duplicates just in case, also insure you have picked the sim module and not the game module for the one you are looking at.

If the axis are responding correctly outside of DCS, there likely is an issue with the assignments in DCS.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

assignments in DCS.

We are sending sample grips to DCS (or have sent already, not sure; anyway it's the matter of days) so that their testers try them out. There will be optimized FWs later, and DCS profiles.

It doesn't mean you guys can't or should not fly now. It just means that within a few months the potential of the grip will keep revealing itself to users more and more.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

We are sending sample grips to DCS (or have sent already, not sure; anyway it's the matter of days) so that their testers try them out. There will be optimized FWs later, and DCS profiles.

It doesn't mean you guys can't or should not fly now. It just means that within a few months the potential of the grip will keep revealing itself to users more and more.

That is great news..Thank you :thumbup:

Any news on any plans for a metal version ?

Nope no plans for serial production.

Individual enthusiasts' orders can be carried out on one by one basis; the grip will be made by machining a solid chunk of metal and will cost around US$ 1,200.

Orders will open in April.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Individual enthusiasts' orders can be carried out on one by one basis; the grip will be made by machining a solid chunk of metal and will cost around US$ 1,200.

Ah that's good to know there's an option! Even if out of reach for the vast majority, to see how the joystick base reacts to the extended weight and get some feedback on the benefits/downsides of a metal grip for this MCG. Thanks for the answer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the first of April, by any chance?

If I am running version E do I need to reflash the black box?