Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

Well, that date is long gone now. What is really impressive is vkbs lack of communication. :megalol:

Yeah the 9th of April is long gone but the update with the important info is from the 10th of April. A couple days must be the VKB equivalent to ED "two weeks" TM :megalol: :smilewink:

But if they open the site end of April and sell the rev. a MCG it would be months before mentioned june date. But it was pretty quiet from VKB the last weeks, the hope dies last.

Edit: But it doesn't matter anymore, ordered by Virpil because my TM warthog died right now.

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine too! Very Nice!

But the documentation leaves a bit to be desired...

I have some leftover parts that I don't know what they are for. One plastic bag has what looks like tops for buttons/hats, and another bag has about 8-10 little black square pieces of plastic.

The box was very nice and well packed, but only had a quick start guide, which had 5 steps. Some steps only had one or two words. 'Preparation'; 'Grip Setup'. But I figured out how to put it together..

Is there any 'more detailed' product manual? Do I need some software? Nothing in the instructions said anything about needing or downloading anything...

Found this: I have no idea which to download...

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I know there are two software utilities. Wizzo I think is the "layman's tool", whereas VKB DevCfg, as the name would imply, is the "hardcore" one, harder to use but more powerful. And yes, you DO need software.

My only complaint at the moment, considering I can't hook it up until all my stuff arrives, is there's no dust cover, like in GladPro I had previously. Not a big deal, but I liked that :P

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Is there any tutorials on how to use Wizzo? Didn't find any on YouTube..

Any documentation on this software?

What are these parts for? (see attached pic)

0.thumb.jpg.089335d46e7f5de0a6f00f83abe66889.jpg

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

The stuff on the left is alternate buttons. Note the little screws around some of them on the stick? That's because you can remove them and replace them with single push or conventional hat buttons, in that left package. Not sure yet what the little sleeves on the right are for, though.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=wizzo-user-guide

User guide for Wizzo right there.

Thanks.

The plastic parts on the right I think are actually short flat plastic tubes? Still no idea what they are. Unless they are for a Warthog or the extension???

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Is there any tutorials on how to use Wizzo? Didn't find any on YouTube..

Any documentation on this software?

Wizzo is just a calibration/test software - not really need a manual, anyway (pre MCG version):

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/WIZZO/

This "sleeves" are heat shrink tubes, used for keep wires attached in some part and not floating around inside stick, probable subject to wear and those are replacement.

Edited by Sokol1_br

• ED Team
Thanks.

The plastic parts on the right I think are actually short flat plastic tubes? Still no idea what they are. Unless they are for a Warthog or the extension???

These tubes (heatshrink tube cuts) used over the springs to avoid some 'buzz' when springs in action. See my photo here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3456717&postcount=1172

Just put on tubes over springs and forget.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Speak for yourselves, mine just arrived lol

I say only one thing,

1gql1x.jpg

I like!

The location is everything here Zhukov. You're in Texas, so you have access to the US suppliers. I however am in Europe, where VKBs distributor is as much use as a chocolate fire screen. They're simply not available here at all, which is a huge error. Hence Virpil wins orders that VKB would easily have filled.

Their loss is also our loss unfortunately, because it will affect how much they can spend on future developments, so it also impacts on you in Texas as well.

I know =) Realistically I'm done after this though. I'll have a full cockpit with MCG Pro, Slaw Viper pedals, and the Virpil throttle (for Harrier, I like that extra lever). I'll be done after this. Right? =}

And above, thanks for clarification of the shrink tubes. I haven't had time to go indepth yet.

I know =) Realistically I'm done after this though. I'll have a full cockpit with MCG Pro, Slaw Viper pedals, and the Virpil throttle (for Harrier, I like that extra lever). I'll be done after this. Right? =}

No levers/button box?

Good news for EU customers

Just saw this message on the VKB forum

"Hi guys,

The containership has passed Malta and on its way to Rotterdam. According to a schedule of our logistic company for handling and clearance of the cargo, we should be able to start shipping on the 3rd of May.

The website is 99% ready to launch. It will offer better shipping conditions and better payment options: such as all major credit cards, PayPal, iDEAL, Bancontact, SOFORT, EPS (for Austria) and direct and indirect bank transfer. So, you, guys, will have a choice of different payment options and be able to save on the end price. Later, we plan to add ApplePay and GooglePay but that's not the highest priority at the moment.

PayPal currently is the most expensive way of payment (adds 3,4% to the price) and with the new website it will be possible to choose options with 0% fee (like popular e-payment solutions and bank transfer).

Today we plan to finish testing and finalize prices. Tomorrow the site will be enabled for public access.

Best regards,

Eduard

Good news! :)

Agreed! In this day and age, I think videos are great too. Your YouTube channel could be much more helpful. :)

Totally Agree! Just got my GF Mk2 MCG and am looking for a video tutorial on the VKBDevCfg program. That thing looks very powerful, but it needs a video for sure!! Is there any video tutorials for that thing?? :cry::cry::cry:

No levers/button box?

I have two panels from VRInsight, two from DSD, two Saitek panels, two Thrustmaster MFDs, and will shortly have a tablet to serve as kneeboard. Triple monitors, flightseat, gametrix seat, etc.

Only things left is full motion (uninterested) and VR (Interested but neither the resolution nor horsepower to drive it is available yet)

... am looking for a video tutorial on the VKBDevCfg program. That thing looks very powerful, but it needs a video for sure!! Is there any video tutorials for that thing?? :cry::cry::cry:

Nope but an manual: http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/NJoy32_2_8_En.pdf

DevCfg is not a "keymapper" (like for other brand sticks) but a firmware configurator. If you want just a keymapper look at Joystick Gremlin.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Just saw this message on the VKB forum

"Hi guys,

The containership has passed Malta and on its way to Rotterdam. According to a schedule of our logistic company for handling and clearance of the cargo, we should be able to start shipping on the 3rd of May.

The website is 99% ready to launch. It will offer better shipping conditions and better payment options: such as all major credit cards, PayPal, iDEAL, Bancontact, SOFORT, EPS (for Austria) and direct and indirect bank transfer. So, you, guys, will have a choice of different payment options and be able to save on the end price. Later, we plan to add ApplePay and GooglePay but that's not the highest priority at the moment.

PayPal currently is the most expensive way of payment (adds 3,4% to the price) and with the new website it will be possible to choose options with 0% fee (like popular e-payment solutions and bank transfer).

Today we plan to finish testing and finalize prices. Tomorrow the site will be enabled for public access.

Best regards,

Eduard

Good news! :)

I guess there is still some time left, but I'd be really surprised if that happened. No update so maybe they are working on it still.

Will your0% payments guarantee the transaction and if the item arrives doa that the seller will make it right PayPal does

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Will your0% payments guarantee the transaction and if the item arrives doa that the seller will make it right PayPal does

You are safe if you buy with Paypal. Secondly, I bought myself a rudder pedals from EU store and everything was absolutely fine. They might delayed because stock shortage, but certainly they are not scam.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Do you guys know if I order a pro gladiator I can get a baseplate too?

Gladiator PRO is already a desktop joystick - that VKB don't recommend for use with extension. But for what worth their base is a metal plate, with holes for attachment. :)

But if you mean Gunfighter PRO, this is Gunfighter "vanilla" - that came with big base plate for desktop use + extension kit (extension tube, small base plate, CAM and springs).

Edited by Sokol1_br