Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

i remember more then a year ago the MCG would be out soonish, so i bought a gunfighter Rev A and some pedals expecting to add a grip with more buttons somewhere in 2017.

Only to find out that they changed the connectors soon after to the rev B and currently not 1 Rev a MCG has been on stock in the european webshop.

current estimates are somewhere august 8 months after the grips were shipped to anything other then Europe.

i have to say im not that happy that 1 i still have to wait and 2 the conector is pretty much made the stick outdated.

And yes VKB said grips with rev a connectors will still be made but it has already turned into we will produce them for pre-orders/reservations only so who knows what happens in the future.

Seeing so far the NA rep has been communicating a lot, something that has been lacking in Europe although i got to say last few weeks it has improved 200%.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing so far the NA rep has been communicating a lot, something that has been lacking in Europe although i got to say last few weeks it has improved 200%.

Every company should communicate with their customers. If there is a delay, tell about it and update customers.

If there is a new product launch, tell about and update customers.

If there are something negative, tell about it and update customers.

When customers feel being serviced, they are more loyal and happier.

When customers feels cheaped, they are unreliable and negative.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Actually, this does hurt me since I bought the table top version so I would have the base in case I ever wanted it. But I am waiting on the center stick extension, because my original intent was to mount this centered. So, I have my VKB MCG sitting to the side waiting for the extension.

My mistake was assuming it would be no problem to wait a month for the extension. I just hope I don't have to wait 6 months like some of you have said.. Argg..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Then, why don't you accept pre-orders?

Simple reason.

We are the makers. Yes we do sell through our own shop, pus the outlet at Aliexpress, but we try by all means to separate (design+manufacturing) and (retail). Hence, we prefer to have dealers. Why dealers don't do that? - also, simple reason. Once the pre-order is made, and the payment is taken, the seller has to supply the goods within 2 weeks. No supply - ass on fire. With our (sigh) frequent screwups and delays guess what will quite soon be left of our precious asses.

Otherwise, sure we would do that.

Please realize we don't refuse any sales channel for no reason. Simply, some reasons are less obvious to the public.

sent to me by AeroGator back in early February

You see!.. I believe you are not thinking I mislead you intentionally... :noexpression:

What I want to say (besides "sorry", of course) is that quite often we absolutely believe something we promise, and this is what happens.

You hate this, I hate this. Show me who doesn't.

So for the time being we stopped any announcements, as you probably have noticed. Now we will tell people that something is coming only when it is physically coming at the moment of releasing this information.

This is not forever.

Thank you guys for patience, all I can say.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

AeroGator,

Let me just ask a simple question without holding you to any timeline or promises.

On behalf of the very patient customers who have ordered the F/A-18 coming out this week and who want to purchase the MCG, with best crystal ball you have and also based on the information you know today we are looking at weeks or possibly another 6 months before you will have it in stock?.

Again I'm not asking for a commitment� or any assurances and again if its further delayed based on what you tell us, it is what it is.

We just want to make a decision of either to wait or go with another product that's available this week.:thumbup:

best crystal ball

Damned things are all either cracked or stained. Let me ask a duty shift Black Raven instead.

From what I understood (his voice was particularly hoarse last night) it is weeks not months, or at very very worst 1-1.5 something months not 6.

Look, we're all in manufacturing now.

Which means, sure there may be hidden traps and catches but the goods are already at the stage of being made. Not designed - i.e., we might be screwed up by sub-contractors (like it happened with the above mentioned springs)* but we will not suddenly stop not knowing what to do with some design flaw we didn't notice before.

So sub-contractors' screwups can of course be a nuisance and slow us down by three days here and five days there, but not by a month here and six weeks there.

Take it from the Raven, not from me.

_____

* You may ask, OK, if our sub-contractors are such :censored: then why won't we buy a damned shipload of springs that would last for years so that we won't depend on them making every batch?

Good question.

Good answer: we do so with parts for our long-established models, like T-rudders. However, MCGs are relatively new, we might fine tune something here and there, and once it is done we will of course buy a load that'd last for long enough.

However, this is about springs (things mechanical). Talking about PCBs, it's different for many reasons. And guess what, we don't even consider getting our own PCB-making facility as it is a dirty chemical process, etc., etc., etc. So there will always remain some things for which we will depend on 3rd parties :(

>

AeroGator

to AeroGator

Hi, i would like know if i buy from the Russia web store and i ask to ship to Canada do you think is possible. i ask this is just because on the web store they have it in stock.

thanks

if i buy from the Russia web store and i ask to ship to Canada

AFAIK there is nothing or next to nothing in stock in Russia; as we regularly get requests from there, too. Looks like - again if anyone could only know how much I hate saying this! - waiting is the only way.

>

AeroGator

Can the raven make a guess about the MCG-TM availability? :) Seriously asking, just wondering about some rough estimate, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year..

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 5 weeks later...
Damned things are all either cracked or stained. Let me ask a duty shift Black Raven instead.

From what I understood (his voice was particularly hoarse last night) it is weeks not months, or at very very worst 1-1.5 something months not 6.

Look, we're all in manufacturing now.

Which means, sure there may be hidden traps and catches but the goods are already at the stage of being made. Not designed - i.e., we might be screwed up by sub-contractors (like it happened with the above mentioned springs)* but we will not suddenly stop not knowing what to do with some design flaw we didn't notice before.

So sub-contractors' screwups can of course be a nuisance and slow us down by three days here and five days there, but not by a month here and six weeks there.

Take it from the Raven, not from me.

_____

* You may ask, OK, if our sub-contractors are such censored.gif then why won't we buy a damned shipload of springs that would last for years so that we won't depend on them making every batch?

Good question.

Good answer: we do so with parts for our long-established models, like T-rudders. However, MCGs are relatively new, we might fine tune something here and there, and once it is done we will of course buy a load that'd last for long enough.

However, this is about springs (things mechanical). Talking about PCBs, it's different for many reasons. And guess what, we don't even consider getting our own PCB-making facility as it is a dirty chemical process, etc., etc., etc. So there will always remain some things for which we will depend on 3rd parties sad.gif

I see you making progress on other products which is good.

As we reach the end of June going into July can you provide an update on the Gladiator Pro Mk.II availability?

Thanks ...

Gladiator Pro Mk.II

We rescheduled it to coming fall - rescheduled - because we had to give priority to space warship controls.

It is perhaps not particularly comme il faut to reshuffle the plans but sometimes it is inevitable.

The demand for space controls happens to be higher, so the squeakiest wheel has to be greased first.

We do sincerely apologize to pilots who are affected by this decision. It was not our intention to make part of them feel left behind, and we do not think this way.

Edited by AeroGator

>

AeroGator

AeroGator,

This is extremely disappointing to hear. I find it very hard to believe SC has more demand for a space joystick, especially when F-18s are literally flying off the shelves, plus the huge interest in the F-14 and now more players playing DCS than ever.

I guess money is more important to VKB than all the assurances you have given to players ( including myself) who have waited over 1 year and then told we would be only 1-1.5 away only last month. Surely you knew this when you wrote your previous posts, or the "RAMP up" building Joysticks never happened when you wrote it.

VKB's apology means nothing around here, when all we have been given is smoke and mirror excuses and only to be essentially told DCS players are not valuable enough to justify following through on what you have told us and dumped us, put us in a back of the line for space joysticks lol .. In the Fall it will be another excuse.

Edited by F900EX

The new space grip is called Kosmosima, however it works perfectly in DCS environment as well as in IL2 ann Warthunder. It is a universal grip that can be used with different bases.

It will come in right and left hand versions; the left hand version will later get a helicopter version.

Those who fly commercial planes sims will enjoy flying with the left hand grip as well.

All clients are valuable.

That's all I have to say on the issue.

>

AeroGator

Trying to think of how to phrase my question without asking for timelines... but what do you think would be an extremely rough timeframe for the throttle and the mounts? Is this 2019 range? Or 2019+ would you say?

Will reply tomorrow, now the Raven is already sleepy and keeps his head under his wing.

>

AeroGator

Can you comment on the MCG-TM status? I asked about a month ago on the last page, but there was no response.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Will reply tomorrow, now the Raven is already sleepy and keeps his head under his wing.

No prob man, I know you guys are busy as hell. Just looking for a super rough estimate to see if I want to hold off on things like desk mounts and how long I will have to suffer with this T1600 throttle. :)

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

rough timeframe for the throttle

So far everything is according to plan.

Fall will show the mockup version that we would be able to grope and fumble.

It does not mean that the serial production will begin right there, but it is an important step to launching the product.

After the mockup - and only if we are quite happy with what we have - we will look for testers who will get pre-serial units. (consider it a controlled leak). After the device is through with testing, and the flaws are dealt with, the launch will finally happen.

However as it is still a leak, not an official communique, I will not at present stage answer any Qs about "how can I become a tester" :smilewink:

Can you comment on the MCG-TM status? I asked about a month ago on the last page, but there was no response.

It is out of design stage, the firmware for it is written but not tested, and right now we have no resources to do it - probably till early fall.

MCG-TM is not the highest priority but we don't cancel it and will deliver it finally.

>

AeroGator

Just received shipment notification on my MCG Pro grip!

Finally it is on the way after all this time, time to start getting the Gunfighter Pro Kit installed and attach Gunfighter to my extended Monster Tech Mount and get ready to attach the grip when it gets here. I figure likely sometime next week.

I never set the KA-50 back up on my other stick after retiring the Warthog stick, so figure it would be a good module to check the Gunfighter out with.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yea!

Still waiting on my extension kit!

EDIT :

NIX THAT!

I also have a tracking number from Kong Hong!

EDIT, EDIT:

And I just got a text saying that it will arrive July 5th. Thursday?

It takes forever to purchase one. Weeks to get it shipped. Then, 2 days shipping from Hong Kong to Ohio???

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download