Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The firmware for the BlackBox and GF MCG variants have reached v1.96D on Alex Oz website.

I think you can rely on what's hosted there.

[ NJoy32 - Software & Firmware Links ]

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Mine is 1.96D, haven't seen 1.97 may be beta version?

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

can someone tell me what is the latest firmware version for the GF MKii with MCG grip . im using version 1.94 B now but on the download section i see there is a new version 1.97 is that correct.??

If you get a version that works for you, don't change it. Don't just update to the latest firmware for no reason..

I'm using Firmware v1.96B with VKB Device Config software v0.90.06, and it's working fine.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Just received my Gunfighter + MCG Pro + extension. Ordered on March 21st, paid on Monday, received on Wednesday. The wait wasn't so bad and seems like Virpil customers have also had to wait around two months for some of their orders. I did receive my throttle in a couple of weeks though after waiting for the release for two more. Now I'll still have to wait for the Ryzen 3000... Damn this waiting. At least I'll get to play with springs and cams for a few days.

Just received my Gunfighter + MCG Pro + extension. Ordered on March 21st, paid on Monday, received on Wednesday. The wait wasn't so bad and seems like Virpil customers have also had to wait around two months for some of their orders. I did receive my throttle in a couple of weeks though after waiting for the release for two more. Now I'll still have to wait for the Ryzen 3000... Damn this waiting. At least I'll get to play with springs and cams for a few days.

:thumbup:

Congrats you are in for a treat.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone else's MCG pro make creaking sounds when moving the stick around? I know it's made of plastic, but is this still a normal thing?
Is it the grip or the base that you hear sounds coming from?

There is practically nothing in the grip to creak so give it enough time to determine exactly which part of the joystick creaks pprior to taking anything apart.

(this is not to say that the above instruction by @AureliusAugustus is wrong - just hurry not to disassemble anything before you are sure you disassemble the right thing).

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Got my gunfighter with mcg pro yesterday, after waiting 6 months (ok not really, it was 2 days short of 6 months to be fair) and yea, love it.

It is really noticable that a lot of thought and attention to detail went into making this stick. The ergonomics are very good, there are a few things I need to get used to, but thats expected. What surprised me the most is the Master Mode hat. I was very sceptical about using it as a POV hat, but due to the shape of the hat and it moving in a rectangular box it is very easy to reliably hit the POV hat positions. Also the trigger point combined with the hat hitting a flat surface gives a very good (non tactile however) feedback.

However the MANVR hat was mounted to the stick in the wrong orientation, resulting in a very mushy feel, but that was a easy thing to fix. It is also very nice that all of the 4 way hats are different casts, made for their specific position and the resulting ergonomic needs. But please, for the love of god if you are willing to go that far, removing the flash from the buttons would be a nice touch and suit the premium aspect of the stick :music_whistling:

The base plate could be a tiny bit wider imho, with 30 springs it is right at the edge of tipping over.

And either a mark on the mechanical parts or a line in the quick guide to when the dampers are fully loosened would be very nice. It took me a couple of hours to figure out that the damper on my pitch axis was still a bit too tight and that this was the reason the stick would not reliably recenter itself. Yes, the manual states left = more lose, but does not tell me when it is fully loose. So I think a line like "until flush with that survace" or a mark on the parts would be a nice addition for the overly cautios folks like me :D

If I could add one thing it would be a changable stop for the brake lever. Its absolutely awesome that you can not only change it between axis and button but also map both at the same time. However there is no hardware indication of when you will hit the button. But that is absolutely minor and more of a testiment to the power the software has.

tldr like it so far, it seems to be awesome.

Got my gunfighter with mcg pro yeasterday too. After some tests and playing I have a question about the POV hat. This control is so fast and sensitive that is not very usable to use it as view POV. Please, can someone explain, how to configure this POV? Thank you!

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic34649_6.gif[/sIGPIC]

VKB Gunfighter MCG Pro Mk.II, VKB T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV

Got my gunfighter with mcg pro yeasterday too. After some tests and playing I have a question about the POV hat. This control is so fast and sensitive that is not very usable to use it as view POV. Please, can someone explain, how to configure this POV? Thank you!

Go to the module key bindings and then axis settings and add curves or change linearity there to slow down the POV.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

What hat do you mean? You can change the Master Mode to behave like an actual POV hat by pressing it down for 0.3s To be exact, pressing it for 0.3s changes it from relative axis mode to POV mode or vise versa, depending on the current mode.

The Gate Cont (the round one on the left) is basicly a normal analog stick by default and needs to be reconfigured via software.

Since you said fast and sensitive I suspect you are either trying to use the gate cont without reconfig or the master mode in relative axis mode, since POV hats are digital and dont have a sensitivity.

Looking back -> MCG grip for TM base -> ooops

So far everything is according to plan.

It is out of design stage, the firmware for it is written but not tested, and right now we have no resources to do it - probably till early fall.

MCG-TM is not the highest priority but we don't cancel it and will deliver it finally.

Surprisingly, after more than a year this question popped up again at Reddit boards, so let me copy my reply here for wider coverage.

>>>>

There's been plenty of water since I posted that information.

This plan has been dumped.

The reason is simple, and very frustrating in a way: the number of people who would want to mount an MCG onto a TM base would never excuse spending on RnD and manufacturing the adapters in question. Fact is, VKB would hardly sell a handful - yes, I literally mean a handful - of these devices.

TM base with all due respect belongs in history. Putting a MCG on it would mean wasting 90+ per cent of the grip's potential. TM WH grip at least has its metal appeal, and ergonomically it is an eternal masterpiece. Their base, however... I don't want to speak it out, but you understand me.

Maybe it was my bad that I didn't update in on the il2 forum that we stopped working on it, but you know... no one asked about it for more than a year. I simply let it slip.

So, making it finally clear, we regret to say there will be no MCG->TM base adapter. We apologize to those who are affected by this decision.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• 4 weeks later...

Which firmware should i use with a "Vintage Mamba"+"MCG Pro (5 pins)"?

Maybe "_MambaFat_MCG_Pro_v1_96_F.vkb"?

... Or "_BlackMamba_MCG_v1_96_F.vkb" since on the base it's written "Black Mamba Limited Edition"?

Edited by Akatsuki

Which firmware should i use with a "Vintage Mamba"+"MCG Pro (5 pins)"?

Maybe "_MambaFat_MCG_Pro_v1_96_F.vkb"?

... Or "_BlackMamba_MCG_v1_96_F.vkb" since on the base it's written "Black Mamba Limited Edition"?

Today I'll upload to our FTP.