Missing weapons & Bomb sight

Most likely never. About the gunsight, it was confirmed last year that feature would not be added because of time & effort required for making it work vs. being hardly useful in DCS gameplay scenarios (just like the controllable rear gunner station). About the rockets, we have the Mi-8 version, which doesn't deploy this type of weapon anymore (S-5s were withdrawn from service in Russia many years ago).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

BST have said we won't get the bombsight. And there's been no talk of any addional rocket pods or types ever, so we probably won't get those either.

EDIT: + see what Art sez above about the rockets too

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Most likely never. About the gunsight, it was confirmed last year that feature would not be added because of time & effort required for making it work vs. being hardly useful in DCS gameplay scenarios (just like the controllable rear gunner station). About the rockets, we have the Mi-8 version, which doesn't deploy this type of weapon anymore (S-5s were withdrawn from service in Russia many years ago).

If this is true then why make the Mi-8MTV-2 from Afghan War era that deployed every weapon in those times MTV-2 was there all way up to end of war till MTV-3 were replaced later by newer MTV-3 and then later replaced by modern current MTV-5 that heavly redone.

So if MTV-2 missing some features as say they are then might as well re-title BSK module DCS Mi-8MTV-2 The Half Magnificent Eight.

This why alot of hard core sim pilots left the DCS world and end up just gamers think DCS is an arcade game.

In my veiw S-5's and the Bombsight has many uses in DcS anyone says diffeant ithera fool or to lazy pick up a book learn what a airplane or chopper can an can not do.

• Like 2

Soooo Yuya... you're into whining and aggressive language instead of finding the chopper enjoyable, huh? Well how about this: why not quit flying it altogether and find something more worthwhile to do with your time if it bugs you so much?

The machine isn't perfect and no-one's claiming it is. Regardless, I'm sure you won't find another virtual chopper with an FM this refined. Or if you do, I'd certainly like to hear about it.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

There's a mod out there that allows you to use some of the SU-25 rocket pods because they were previously used on the MTV2 IIRC.

On the other hand, nobody is stopping you for modding in the S-5 rockets and bombsight all by yourself. Creating a new weapon within the DCS world is no little feat and it's up to BST to make a decision whether or not to do it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Soooo Yuya... you're into whining and aggressive language instead of finding the chopper enjoyable, huh? Well how about this: why not quit flying it altogether and find something more worthwhile to do with your time if it bugs you so much?

The machine isn't perfect and no-one's claiming it is. Regardless, I'm sure you won't find another virtual chopper with an FM this refined. Or if you do, I'd certainly like to hear about it.

Who says im whining ? aggressive language ofcorse truth hurts huh. If you make a sim to simulate a chopper you want everything all bells and whistles. wouldnt you want if you spended 49.99 usd?

Oh no theres no doubt think BSK did a awsome job making chopper in all and i enjoy it alot. however i never said the chopper isnt perfect. but wouldnt be getting more from out of your 49.99 usd like an price of entire sim or xbox game or near the price of Public version of Lockheed Martin Prepar3D Sim.

Alright lecture is over. Now can close this thread.

He has some reasons there.

When I bought Mi8 I though we were going to have Bombsight, because they said they would do it!

So it is only fair for the price they've asked, that they should do it.

But, of course things sometimes take another course when the product it's not finishes, so I understand both sides, client and provider.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Stop buying alphas and betas if you cant live with changing plans and slightly different outcomes.

This is and was the nature of the beast, no need to blame anybody but ourselves.

"Grab your own nose" we say,

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Stop buying alphas and betas if you cant live with changing plans and slightly different outcomes.

This is and was the nature of the beast, no need to blame anybody but ourselves.

"Grab your own nose" we say,

Not really mate.

Guess you aren't fully capable of understanding what a project means.

I understand things are subject to change, anything in the world is.

But I don't agree a bit with your comment there.

I don't blame anyone, why blaming myself?

I was just saying that for the price you have paid, and for the numerous times that it was said that would be a feature like that, its a bit on the side of the deception.

And that's why it is a compromise between a company wanting to sell a beta product versus what can actually do.

Now, imagine that a module is being sold as a beta, it is promised some features to be present in final release.

You buy the beta, in the anticipation of those features.

But now the producer has some other priorities and don't do all the features.

I think you can understand the problem here and your reply is an understatement.

Sometimes is better stay quiet if nothing will be said to improve the situation.

Regards.

Sent from Tapatalk.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Turn it either way but buying the cat in a bag is not what grandpa told you to do I highly assume.

This is a generation conflict more than any other problem.

I highly respect your opinion, what I am trying to say is what generations have been told, each one with his own phrase they hopfully understood.

Dont pay the ferryman until...... You know the outcome.

Just my 2 cents why i dont buy beta ever again

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Sure. I agree with you... And I also agree that is a generation problem. And social. And global.

We could discuss a lot.

In my time, internet didn't exist, and the software makers did not reply or contact any community.

I remember Jane's simulations, they just produced the sims and start selling the final product.

Things were different, more simple.

Today simulations are extremely complex and have to be constantly updated, it's the new norm.

With that norm, comes the necessity to make money to work on a project.

So I guess I can agree with you regarding the generation issue but it's a new world, with different marketing models.

Yet, your little proverb will remain the same.

I tell myself that only when they release finals I buy it, but then I have to test it.

Guess the Beta marketing works on me.

Sent from Tapatalk.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

any idea how to deploy bombs? it is very hard to shoot something without a bombsight

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 1 month later...

+1 for the bombsight!

A man can hope...

Just read all the posts above and I couldn't agree more with many of them.

I understand the argument imposing the blame on the customers themselves, but not for what the user above wrote there to be the reason. Rather the fact that most people just follow trends and changes without reflecting, or just stopping there for a moment and think. Why? Because they're impatient. So let's use their weakness...

Years ago companies had some good and transparent TQM-Systems (Total-Quality-Management), with the goal of pleasing the customer at all costs. The happier the customer is, the higher the quality -> everyone sleeps well! So obviousley that's something very demanding and sumptuous. With the market expanding and especially developing so quickly these days, and let's not fail to mention the never sleeping eye of the contenders, a new strategy has got to take over. The TQM still has the same goals but now companies (not all) release their products step-by-step, or in stages if you like. Customers pay the price (which has always been the case) while the companies have all the time in the world to release the final product (which is the new strategy). Meanwhile plans, updates, fixes, etc. might change because the world in its details changes and affects the ongoings.

So what now? Blame all/most DCS develpoers for choosing this marketing path? If it's the path they've chosen it's their right to do so. Just like it's your right NOT to support alpha, beta and for all I care omega products.

In any system in the world people, customers, members etc. have the final word and as such the actual power to get what they want.

Boy, I'm getting into it...

So instead of buying something unfinished, then complain about it blaming the company instead of blaming yourself for the lack of patience and/or decipline, try next time to refrain from doing that.

This might create the impression of me talking here about Belsimtek and the Mi-8 only, when I've actually gone over board with this topic and gotten really into it adressing aspects in life in general, in case you haven't noticed. This is what happens when I... "escalate" :smilewink:

Back to the main issue here; the Mi-8.

I'm very happy with the product although I did hope for the bombsight, BUT didn't thought of that as a critical argument for me when I bought the module. And thank God, it's Belsimtek developing the Mi-24! Maybe this one will get a bombsight. We'll see...

Cheers!

EDIT:

... about the Mi-24

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Procedure to release bombs with the Mi8 using the gun sight is detailed in the manual. It is VERY approximate and forces you to fly relatively low which usually ends up badly with any bombs bigger than 100kg, not to mention you have to overfly the target which is not helping with the whole survivability concept. But we did have some reasonably good results during training at BSD following the method in the manual.

haven't tried the old girl with bombs yet, don't even know how you aim them yet, but am I right in saying the release is done on the co pilots side? so he actually drops them/aims them?

Both the pilot and co-pilot can release bombs.

I'm working on some strategies to help me "carpet bomb" a target area at altittudes of 2000 m, 3000 m and 4000 m, depending on whether I'm bombing a TA with tanks, AAA's or IR-SAM's. These should be safe altittudes at least, which is the first important aspect when bombing. The second aspect now is the bombing itself. The higher, the harder it gets to hit anything, which is why I take 6 x 250 kg bombs and drop them -> 1 bomb per second, so I simply count to 6.

If I get successful at it, I'll post some tutorial videos. This will require lots of bombing runs and tacview analysis.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com