Question about DCS 2 and maps

Alph-Andruino

1. No. You do not need NTTR for Normandy.

2. Yes

Ah, perfect thanks a lot :)

Edit :

Hum...I have dowloaded DCS 2 and install FC3 on it, but it says I need to buy a map...Ok, fine, but is buying a map (in this case the Normandy one) will aloow me to do the FC3 campaign?

Edited by Alph-Andruino

If you don't have NTTR there is no point in installing DCSW 2 yet, as Normandy won't be available until the end of April. The FC3 aircraft will work, but there probably won't be any Normandy campaigns for these aircraft, at least at release (perhaps later, but nobody knows if or when that might happen).

You need a map to fly over with your FC3 aircraft. Since you cannot use Normandy until the end of MAY (Not april, check livestream), you will need to get 1.5 if you wish to fly it before.

While you CAN fly FC3 airraft over Normandy, all the missions, campaigns etc that exist for them including the one that comes with FC3, need either the free Caucasus map from 1.5 or Nevada.

OK, I get it for planes, but isit possible to install caucasus map on DCS 2?

And I have 1.5, I just preparing the bed for Normandy map :)

No, it's not possible to install Caucasus to DCS 2. Devs are working on the "big merge", to combine DCS 1.5 (Caucasus only) and 2.0 (NTTR, and later Normandy) into a single version, 2.5. No ETA yet.

If you don't have NTTR there is no point in installing DCSW 2 yet, as Normandy won't be available until the end of April. The FC3 aircraft will work, but there probably won't be any Normandy campaigns for these aircraft, at least at release (perhaps later, but nobody knows if or when that might happen).

It won't be available until the end of May.