Client and Server

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all sorry for the late response i have been away from my computer and my server has been down due to crap internet service DL rate of 3.2 and an UP of 0.017 super slow but just got NBN on yesterday and now have a DL of over 26mbps and an UP of 21mbps.

Still having the same problem cant join my server in multi player on the net when we are both on the same home LAN

• 1 month later...
You can't see a server on the same network that you are on, not since last fall. You also can't connect to it except by direct connection, use the IP for your server, the one that you port forward in your router settings.

Ah, so you can't specify the local LAN IP as the server. I was wondering why the external IP of the router couldn't be overwritten.

So basically, the server and client have to go out and and u-turn back in. And so I'll still need port forwarding for this to work then. If I want to have the server and client on the same LAN.

Thanks

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

It would appear so, in the past you could run a server on a lan with other clients and in fact you only needed one license on the lan so you could have several people play on your lan using only your registers copy. Now I suppose you can't do that anymore and that may be why it has been changed, to force additional licenses to be used? Not sure, have not tried it at all, so just speculating there.

You can't see a server on the same network that you are on, not since last fall. You also can't connect to it except by direct connection, use the IP for your server, the one that you port forward in your router settings.

Actually DCS is now made IP version 6 aware so now you can see the local server if you enable IP 6 on your server. At least in 2.1.1

Actually DCS is now made IP version 6 aware so now you can see the local server if you enable IP 6 on your server. At least in 2.1.1

Interesting. I guess it supports IPv6 SLP to find one another. I'll play around.

I've heard that hosting local LAN MP can significantly increase VR FPS, so just wanted to see for myself.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1