Virtual Button Box: Press buttons in VR with the Vive controller

BManx2000

Virtual Button Box is a program for the HTC Vive that lets you place flat panels in 3D space that contain buttons. Clicking a button sends a keyboard key press or key combination. The panels are defined using a separate profile editing program.

It is designed with DCS World in mind, but will work in any VR game that accepts keyboard input.

DCS A-10C Demonstration Video:

GitHub Page:

https://github.com/BManx2000/VirtualButtonBox

• Like 1

Looks cool and I can respect the labor making this. Personally, I don't think I would use it as it doesn't seem any more easy or convenient than just using the mouse.

The big thing for me is still having to take my hand off the HOTAS and use another controller to interact. I'm more interested in the glove technology being developed. That way I can still use the HOTAS and then just reach out and interact without having to use another device. I also think that there needs to be some sort of haptic feedback in gloves so that you get that tactile feedback when interacting with something that isn't actually there.

When that is a reality, I will be duly excited.

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive

• 1 month later...

Hi, great program. Thank you!

I'm afraid it is not working for me. When I open the profiler all upper row buttons are not showing then I cannot edit or create any profile. I tried putting A10 profile in proper place but no luck. I also run it as admin, also not working. It seems like I'm missing some library or something like that.

Any help would be appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Well, I'm not sure if this is related to your problem, but I found that the profiler is suddenly crashing because of RivaTuner Statistics Server (comes with MSI Afterburner). Weird because this didn't happen before.