Missiles range

shonist

Hi everyone,

I found my self always having problems to lock and launch missiles in the M2KC.

Its like they always can launch to me before i can even get in range. :(

Do the S530 have a chance agaisnt a F15 with 120c or a SU27 with 27ER??

or im just a noob that is doing something wrong??

ty all!

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

They always launch because you either aren't high enough to get more range and because they have longer range on their missiles

the 530 don't have a big chance against other missiles, so use tactics and be sneaky

Im very new on all of this, so im think im missing some basics...

Im trying to get better on MP and my "routine" is... take off.. head to bulls and try to hit someone...

but im always in doubt... should i be high... or low??? isnt flying high dangerous because they see you trailing white ???

One thing im sure about is that i always end dead. Yesterday was my first time killing a guy and returning safe to base... (And im sure it was even more noob than me lol)

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10

Im very new on all of this, so im think im missing some basics...

Im trying to get better on MP and my "routine" is... take off.. head to bulls and try to hit someone...

but im always in doubt... should i be high... or low??? isnt flying high dangerous because they see you trailing white ???

One thing im sure about is that i always end dead. Yesterday was my first time killing a guy and returning safe to base... (And im sure it was even more noob than me lol)

Fly higher than contrails, where no contrails are and above 40k feet, barely people scan up here if you go high

Going low has also some advantages, but imo it requires more skill due to the fact that lower altitudes are more populated and ir sams can mess your day up

Skill will come after a while

Also, use the advantages of your aicraft...

For the OP: First off, you aren't getting anywhere in PVP MP in the Mirage without a wingman. You can't go one man army like some can in the Eagle, it just doesn't work. After that, you just gotta get familiar with missiles and their parameters in various scenarios.

Then comes tactics...Try a simple bracket with a wingman in 2v1. If you do it right the bandit has to pick one of you to shoot at or he has to maneuver a lot to shoot both of you.

And as for being up high...There's a time to be seen and a time to not be seen. If they see you on radar, who cares that you're in contrails?

Using bracketing from higher altitudes and high Mach is effective, too...

Lord of Salt

oh tanks a lot you both, i will try some of those things. im always in trouble trying to chat with other ppl in the server (and fly together) because its seems that most servers uses some kind of chat mod that you have to type some command to chat... if i just talk in the chat i think they cannot read me (opeconflict or 104th server IIRC). any idea on that?

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10

IN openconflict it should work fine, You can switch between TEAM or ALL channels. Remember not everyone is reading the chat as it can clutter quite easily with all those kill messages. I guess you need to spam chat, or even better join public TeamSpeak server or hop on Simple Radio

I guessed that too, ive joined their TS but with no succes of ppl flying the same aircraft as me...

and with "simple radio" i tried to donwload it but i was never sure wich version are they using so i gave up. (never found a guide or something up to date).

when i reach home i will try to find the correct one and install it. hopes ppl have it too and use it.

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10

Hi everyone,

I found my self always having problems to lock and launch missiles in the M2KC.

Its like they always can launch to me before i can even get in range. :(

Do the S530 have a chance against a F15 with 120c or a SU27 with 27ER??

or im just a noob that is doing something wrong??

ty all!

At M0.9 useful firing range goes from 10Nm at low altitude to 20/ 22 Nm at high altitude (FL350).

Within this range Super 530D is more or less as fast as other AA missiles.

But Vs Fox 3 you must take extra care to survive.

I think you should read this topic, lot of tips:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=183542

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

IN openconflict it should work fine, You can switch between TEAM or ALL channels. Remember not everyone is reading the chat as it can clutter quite easily with all those kill messages. I guess you need to spam chat, or even better join public TeamSpeak server or hop on Simple Radio

You can Easy move the chat window wherevere you want it :music_whistling:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Remember, the M2000C is firstly an interceptor. It was designed to go fast and that it can do. Use the Combat Air Patrol loadout (2x Magic, 2x 530, center fuel tank) and after takeoff climb to 30 000 ft on the way to your patrol area. Then, once you have a target in sight, don't lock them but keep tabs on them. Jettison your fuel tank, FBW switch to air to air mode, burner on. You want all the speed you can get now. You'll find that doing this your maximum launch distance is more like 15nm. Usually you'll dive onto them, launch a 530, it may hit or not, if it misses just zoom climb back to 30 000 ft. They won't be able to launch on you. This gives you the chance to either run away or re-engage them with your second 530 or with the magics.

hmm Boom and Zoom a in missile edge? I am not sure about its efficiency, especially against AIM 120s... Besides I think you need to be higher or lower than 30k Feet as you will most probably contrail and everything in 20 miles should easily spot you even using Mk I eyeballs. Well it may work in 104th where its easy to be distracted, but personally I would fly higher or lower contrail

Edited by The_Tau

well, yesterday i took count of all of this and was my most succesfull sesion ever.

I just taked off. gone 40kft searching ppl, tried to not lock lock till i was close, and then bang, i released the raining hell on that guy. he had a wingman so i danced missiles like never before and get away finally. a buddy got him while he was trying to catch me.

After that i was chasing a guy into the mountains and after an extensive close range chase i managed to hit him with guns a little bit and then a buddy of him launched like 3 missiles to me.

Again, some magic dancing and sneaked through the valleys so i lost him. i RTB and landed 100% smooth.

im decided DCS is the best. thank you all!

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10

Remember, the M2000C is firstly an interceptor. It was designed to go fast and that it can do. Use the Combat Air Patrol loadout (2x Magic, 2x 530, center fuel tank) and after takeoff climb to 30 000 ft on the way to your patrol area. Then, once you have a target in sight, don't lock them but keep tabs on them. Jettison your fuel tank, FBW switch to air to air mode, burner on. You want all the speed you can get now. You'll find that doing this your maximum launch distance is more like 15nm. Usually you'll dive onto them, launch a 530, it may hit or not, if it misses just zoom climb back to 30 000 ft. They won't be able to launch on you. This gives you the chance to either run away or re-engage them with your second 530 or with the magics.

oh yes, i was using that loadout. 2 magics 2 s530 and the central fuel tank. when my external fuel is empty ill jettison it and change the fbw switch to AA. i do never forget about this. and if im about to engage ill jettison it too :).

Another thing, when im at 40kt ~ my speed is like 200-300 kts. is this ok? im going fast? flying low i can go to 700kts or something like that. But maybe that speed on that high means more fast?.

enlight me pls.

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10

For the OP: First off, you aren't getting anywhere in PVP MP in the Mirage without a wingman. You can't go one man army like some can in the Eagle, it just doesn't work. After that, you just gotta get familiar with missiles and their parameters in various scenarios.

Using bracketing from higher altitudes and high Mach is effective, too...

There's no doubt the M2K is inferior to the FC3 Fighters...but I fly solo all the time in the M2K and pick off loners frequently. Usually I just fly near the attackers at around 200-500 ft AGL and defend the strikers. Sometimes I go on low level raids and get close to the enemy routes below them and ambush groups or loners. This is all on the 104th. Just my opinion.

Another thing, when im at 40kt ~ my speed is like 200-300 kts. is this ok? im going fast? flying low i can go to 700kts or something like that. But maybe that speed on that high means more fast?.

Well airspeed is recorded by measuring the air pressure in pitot tube. At 30k feet there is less air than at 0 feet. So obviously Indicated Air Speed would be lower. Thats why when flying at high alts you should pay attention to Mach speed on HUD or even better set your INS parameter to TR/VS which shows you in INS: Left field ETA to next waypoint in minutes and in right field Ground Speed. So speed in relation to ground

another thing,

Well M2000C is pure 80s fighter and it should fight flankers and eagles in 80s setting (Aim7s/R27Rs/R27Ts) or even better MiG29As. It clearly little outdated in 90s settings with amraams

Edited by The_Tau

oh yes, i was using that loadout. 2 magics 2 s530 and the central fuel tank. when my external fuel is empty ill jettison it and change the fbw switch to AA. i do never forget about this. and if im about to engage ill jettison it too :).

enlight me pls.

200-300kts up high is like mach .75 to mach 1.15 I think? 250 is .95ish at 40,000ft IIRC.

Being over .95 helps, being over mach 1.25 is even better. At transsonic speeds (~M0.85-M.1.25) there's a LOT of drag on the aircraft. Getting over the "Mach hump" is great for lobbing missiles really far.

There's no doubt the M2K is inferior to the FC3 Fighters...but I fly solo all the time in the M2K and pick off loners frequently. Usually I just fly near the attackers at around 200-500 ft AGL and defend the strikers. Sometimes I go on low level raids and get close to the enemy routes below them and ambush groups or loners. This is all on the 104th. Just my opinion.

Fair. I find there are less defensive options that way, but it's not like I fly airquake PVP in the 2000 all that often, either.

Lord of Salt

ty all, im taking note of all of this. i will surely try some of this things out ni mp tonight.

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10

The most important is praticing; I'm playing every Sunday morning for ~2 hours since the bird has been released. Usually I shoot from 2 to 5 ennemies for 1 death (Wasn't that good at the beginning...)

It is important to know M2k's advantages: but it is also important to know where and when you could be disapointed. For exemple: radar lock lost when higher than the target, energy waste at high AoA etc

It isn't that simple. Mirage 2000 isn't an underdog...excepted Vs Fox 3, but yet it isn't impossible.

But the Mirage 2000 is still new compared to F-15 and Su 27. So people have to learn its weakness, strong points and how to get the most out of it.

The low altitude ambush tactic would work with any fighter. But you aren't limited to that.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

It isn't that simple. Mirage 2000 isn't an underdog...excepted Vs Fox 3, but yet it isn't impossible.

But the Mirage 2000 is still new compared to F-15 and Su 27. So people have to learn its weakness, strong points and how to get the most out of it.

The low altitude ambush tactic would work with any fighter. But you aren't limited to that.

THIS

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

When I was learning I first learned Missile defense how to defend against R-27s particularly. That helped me. A Enemy was firing 1 to 2 missiles at me and killing me. Now he is firing 4 or 5 missiles because I am able to turn Notch or run from his missile then return to the fight. High altitude is a good place to start... But I like being in the weeds. I have to check for ticks when coming back from a flight.