modules serial keys

shonist

Hi everyone,

just having some doubts about the "keys activation"

The other day after installing w10 in a new SSD and reformatting my hdd with fresh w10. (and installing dcs in both, and both with 2.0 too) i found that after registering my keys there was a counter of "activations left"... what does this mean?? If i reinstall the game 7-8 times more i will have to buy it again or there is something that i could do??

Ty in advance.

Cya.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

It works this way.

When you use your last activation (your activations left count reaches zero) a 30 timer starts. After thirty days you will receive 1 new activation. When you use that activation the 30 day timer starts again and, after 30 days, you will receive 1 new activation.

You will never need to repurchase but it is possible that you may have to wait until the timer runs down before you can reinstall. Of course, needing to reinstall twice in a 30 day period should be an unusual circumstance and for most people will probably never cause an issue.

This is, or should be, documented in the Quick Start Guide for the module.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Btw you always should deactivate all modules before reinstalling win or changing hardware components.

True, but since deactivations do not replenish, like activations, you will eventually run out of them.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It works this way.

When you use your last activation (your activations left count reaches zero) a 30 timer starts. After thirty days you will receive 1 new activation. When you use that activation the 30 day timer starts again and, after 30 days, you will receive 1 new activation.

You will never need to repurchase but it is possible that you may have to wait until the timer runs down before you can reinstall. Of course, needing to reinstall twice in a 30 day period should be an unusual circumstance and for most people will probably never cause an issue.

This is, or should be, documented in the Quick Start Guide for the module.

Perfect, sounds totally acceptable for me. Its not like i will be installing again and again.

Just happened that 2.0 was bugged af and i had to reinstall it like twice. But yes, its ok that way.

Btw you always should deactivate all modules before reinstalling win or changing hardware components.

why? ty.

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10

why? ty.

This way you can keep your activations. You activated a module and the counter goes from 10 to 9. You deactivate it and the counter goes back to 10.

The copy protection star force can be a bit bitchy. If you change your hardware, star force maybe says that the key is not valid any more so you have to reactivate. The activation before is lost then. This doesnt happen when you change your GPU, RAM or optical drive but CPU change can and mother board change or win reinstallation will cause this issue.

Edited by PicksKing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

This way you can keep your activations. You activated a module and the counter goes from 10 to 9. You deactivate it and the counter goes back to 10.

The copy protection star force can be a bit bitchy. If you change your hardware, star force maybe says this is not valid any more so you have to reactivate. The activation before is lost then. This doesnt happen when you change your GPU, RAM or optical drive but CPU change can and mother board change or win reinstallation will cause this issue.

Thank you for the clarification.

Cheers.

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10

they should get rid of starforce and use an online check like IL2 BOX where you can install/uninstall anytime. Personally I was very reluctant of buying modules for this reason... I don't like to have a counter!!

they should get rid of starforce and use an online check like IL2 BOX where you can install/uninstall anytime. Personally I was very reluctant of buying modules for this reason... I don't like to have a counter!!

Since ED is highly unlikely to change their DRM solution, knowing exactly what the limitations are is a necessary evil.